Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ' The Volcano ' Ji Hoon Kim wants a piece of John Molina

I speak to Ji Hoon regularly and he says he's making adjustments right now and wants to face Molina in the near future. He was discovered on the streets and picked up boxing at the age of 17 where he also turned pro so he's been learning on the fly. He used to be a bad azz on the streets and he tries to fight like a street fighter in the ring too which has been his biggest mistake thus far. But he's going to try to box more and pick his spots. He's a big dude in his division and he's still young so he has time to grow as a fighter..

Does he beat any of the fellow LW brawlers like Molina, Katsidis and Rios? What about Mercito Gesta?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ' The Volcano ' Ji Hoon Kim wants a piece of John Molina

Didn't know that about him, thinking about it, it definitely explains a lot. I think Molina is a good match-up for him if his chin can hold up. He has the power to trouble him imo.

Katsidis or Rios would be terrible though. They're just too many levels above him. Katsidis is remarkably skillful in getting on the inside & Rios is just a beast, who I believe will take over 135 after JMM.

Seen a bit of Gesta & I'd have to favour him, I think his speed takes him to a decision.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Didn't know that about him, thinking about it, it definitely explains a lot. I think Molina is a good match-up for him if his chin can hold up. He has the power to trouble him imo.

Katsidis or Rios would be terrible though. They're just too many levels above him. Katsidis is remarkably skillful in getting on the inside & Rios is just a beast, who I believe will take over 135 after JMM.

Seen a bit of Gesta & I'd have to favour him, I think his speed takes him to a decision.
    I'm kind of bias when it comes to Kim for obvious reasons but one thing ill say is that he must switch trainers immediately if he wants to make it far in the states. It's scary to see all those holes in his defense. At this rate he might go washed up in his mid 20s. I mean we dont need another Yo Sam Choi and Kim Duk Koo situation but his style kind of worries me.. I suggested that Goosen or Robert Garcia might suit him better but he plans on staying with the current trainer out of respect and loyalty..

They're not teaching him any defense or technical skills... Like most Korean fighters, they're all about offense, take 2-3 or even 4 punches to land one of its own..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a fun fighter to watch, but you are right about the defence. He eats far too many punches for his own good. Actually, I would like to see Kim Ji Hoon take on Brocktonblockbust. You know, just for a laugh. It would be good to see him deal with the power.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    He's a fun fighter to watch, but you are right about the defence. He eats far too many punches for his own good. Actually, I would like to see Kim Ji Hoon take on Brocktonblockbust. You know, just for a laugh. It would be good to see him deal with the power.
    I don't think anyone deals with Brocktonblockbust's power. He's a monstor for his weight.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I speak to Ji Hoon regularly and he says he's making adjustments right now and wants to face Molina in the near future
    well you tell him next time you speak to him Im down in Kumi City, and I'll spar with him any fucking time he wants to demonstrate how Ramien Noodles made his arms and legs quiveringly weak and lacking in muscle strength. We can videotape it, me vs Ji Hoon Volcano Whatever-The-Fuck, and put it right here on Saddo's for all to see me wither his white little korean heinie in under 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

forgot to ask whats his weight, I aint fightin no heavyweight

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

take 2-3 or even 4 punches to land one of its own..

haha, bad move for the Volgayno, if he takes 2-3 or even 4 punches HE WON'T BE CONSCIOUS TO LAND ANY OF HIS OWN.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHAT THIS LITTLE PRICK JUST TURNED 19 YEARS OLD?? SUPERFLYWEIGHT?? HOLY FUCK! i'D BE ARRESTED FOR MANSLAUGHTER AND CHILD ABUSE SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has the potential to be a real matchup, just need to get a CW sorted out as they are all the vogue these days and then we have the showdown that we have all been awaiting.

Kim Ji Hoon versus Brocktonblockbust. Could well go down as a modern classic.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SERIOUSLY DUDE. What is CW? I'm not a pro, so I assume this will be with headgear. What ounce gloves? 3 minute rounds, no standing 8, no 3 knockdown rule as I wanna reel him and rock him like that Firpo fight or even how Dempsey trashed Willard around like a little bitch. Make sure the little pip-squeak agrees to 10 rounds.--- I ain't cuttin him no breaks and lettin him off the hook with no 4 rounders.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, I am down now into the 180s but have a bit to go to hit my fighting weight of 147. My only requests before fighting this Lava Lamp is to be able to consult with a trainer 2 or 3 times and getting some heavy bag work in, as I have no access to either speed or heavy bags here in Kumi.

At the rate Im losing weight, I'll be ready at 147 sometime in late-July/early August.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    SERIOUSLY DUDE. What is CW? I'm not a pro, so I assume this will be with headgear. What ounce gloves? 3 minute rounds, no standing 8, no 3 knockdown rule as I wanna reel him and rock him like that Firpo fight or even how Dempsey trashed Willard around like a little bitch. Make sure the little pip-squeak agrees to 10 rounds.--- I ain't cuttin him no breaks and lettin him off the hook with no 4 rounders.
    CW means catchweight, you get used to the acronym the more you follow Manny Pac. So, you would clearly need your headgear because we need to protect your proud nose and him too because your power would likely be a bit much. 10 two minute rounds sounds about right as you are getting on and a man of your power most likely won't have great stamina. The knockdown rule sounds about right, so you can get your 'beating on a Korean' kicks. FinitoElDinamita will have to set this all up as he knows the man and has sparred with him.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

am indeed getting on, mate. no doubt. "proud" I never said, more like worried that a broken nose will not look nice. Never thought Id be fightin someone 30 years younger. Dont think even Foreman ever did that!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let Lava Lamp come in at 130 or so, clubbing around a 113 pound kid is starting to make me sick.

No, Miles, 10 THREE minute rounds is all I'll agree to.

Thread Information