Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Mayweather's view on White Trainers.. Jesse Reid talks about Roger..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roger Mayweather's view on White Trainers.. Jesse Reid talks about Roger..

"Man, you aint never seen a white man that can train no fighter. I aint never seen a white fighter that can train nobody as far as im concerned."

"Angelo Dundee sho in the f*ck didnt train muhammad ali."

"Angelo Dundee didnt train ray leonard either. He tellin these guys you blowin it son. What the f*ck does that mean?"

-Roger Mayweather

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roger Mayweather's view on White Trainers.. Jesse Reid talks about Roger..

A couple of names spring to mind. Ray Arcel, Whitey Bimstein, Charley Goldman, Al Certo and Lou Duva weren't terrible.

He's both right and wrong on Angelo and Ray Leonard. In Leonard's recent book he expalins that Janks Morton, Dave Jacobs and pepe Correa were really his day to day trainers and that Dundee's role was matchmaker and fight night tactician.

But Leonard also notes that Dundee's "you're blowing it son" was the PERFECT statement at the perfect time in the perfect tone of voice. Leonard says very straightforwardly if Dundee doesn't say that? Leonard doesn't win.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

El Kabong Guest

Roger Mayweather knows fuck all...aside from having a talented nephew what has he done?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roger Mayweather's view on White Trainers.. Jesse Reid talks about Roger..

And the Mayweathers continue to make advances and ease racial tensions in the world. Is he up for the Nobel Peace Prize or was that James Toney who got nominated for his treatment of Jim Grey.
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post
    And the Mayweathers continue to make advances and ease racial tensions in the world. Is he up for the Nobel Peace Prize or was that James Toney who got nominated for his treatment of Jim Grey.
    There oughtta be a bounty on Jim Grey. What a slug.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

El Kabong Guest

Toney treated Grey perfectly "....Man what?!?" Haha Grey is a little weasel. Tyson had him shit scared too.

Back on topic, all the Mayweathers are morons

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gheesh Uncle Roger makes Tommy hearns sound like Tony Blair

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually quite like the Mayweathers but this is quite offensive IMO. I am a white man and i have nothing against blacks in the slightest. I love boxing and that is a sport that many of my heroes have been black in down the years. BUT if a famous white man had said something like this but the other way round, then I think there would be a lot of trouble following (especially over here in the UK anyway). There are endless great fighters both black and white who have been trained by white men. Now I think it is probably mainly a dig at Roach without actually saying it and I don't believe he believes what he is saying for one minute. But he should really check what he is saying in cases like this. These are the kind of things that really turn people against the Mayweathers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just reinforces anyone's opinion that Roger IS a racist!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angelo Dundee - Gil Clancy - both top trainers.

I am white and do not consider anything Roger said as racist , I dont consider him or his comments that important at all.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

I am white and do not consider anything Roger said as racist , I dont consider him or his comments that important at all.
    Maybe not. But if Alex Ferguson came out tomorrow and said all black football managers are useless there would be holy hell and Fergie would be satan for a few weeks.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Roger Mayweather knows fuck all...aside from having a talented nephew what has he done?
    Exactly, the clown couldn't even keep his teeth for any length of time. He was a decent fighter, but nothing more and he keeps on harking about boxing history, but if he knew anything he would know that he is spouting nothing more than racist bullshit.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Maybe not. But if Alex Ferguson came out tomorrow and said all black football managers are useless there would be holy hell and Fergie would be satan for a few weeks.
    that is very true indeed.
    However I dont consider Roger as anything more than a poorly educated zero , so why would i take him seriously and be offended by him ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean really, how many champions has Roger Mayweather trained? He's just pissed everyone wants to be trained by Freddie Roach instead of his crazy ass. I guess great trainers need to jump into the ring and almost get their fighters DQ'd to be truely great.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah Mayweather is just a knob - I never listened to any of his shite over the years.

Like Al I don't get offended by this stuff either or consider it racist - too many things people say get labelled as such these crazy PC days.

I remember Calzaghe just smiling when Hopkins said "I ain't gonna let no white boy beat me". Thats how it should be.

What does fuck me off though is you know there would have been hell on if it was the other way round.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information