Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Division changing fights you were wishing for, but never eventuated.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Division changing fights you were wishing for, but never eventuated.

One of mine was JMM to fight Hamed at 126,

Right in hamheads prime and as Jmm was climbing through the tops of the featherweight ranks.

I thought it may of eventuated. I think Juan would have stood up to him after being knocked down simular to Pac and worked him out like Barrera eventually did , but easier. It would of changed the shift and Morrales and Barrera may have wanted him in for a unification chance later the next year or so once they got into that weight.

I was also hopeful JMM may have eventually fought Istvan Kovacs, but instead Chargon took that title off him. (I think on styles both being fast astute boxers) it could of been an amazing chess match of fast moves Foty or maybe they were too similar and it would of been a head to head clash .

Still think Juan would of knocked him out though.

Result: Moralles ,Barrera and JMM eventually in a triology in their prime.

So which fights were you praying for that never happened that would have changed history in a prime weight division?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Division changing fights you were wishing for, but never eventuated.

I think any fight between Marquez, Barrera, Morales, Hamed and Pacquiao that never happened. That would've rivaled the four horsemen's fights with each other.

Off the top of my head

De La Hoya vs Forrest
    Mosley vs Trinidad
    Pacquiao vs Hamed
    Morales vs Marquez/Hamed

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Division changing fights you were wishing for, but never eventuated.

i thought hamed was a pile of camel's dung stacked up to a certain height, in the sun for a while and starting to dry and crack.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    i thought hamed was a pile of camel's dung stacked up to a certain height, in the sun for a while and starting to dry and crack.
    Yeah he would have made a nice stepping stone.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Right in hamheads prime and as Jmm was climbing through the tops of the featherweight ranks.

I thought it may of eventuated. I think Juan would have stood up to him after being knocked down simular to Pac and worked him out like Barrera eventually did , but easier. It would of changed the shift and Morrales and Barrera may have wanted him in for a unification chance later the next year or so once they got into that weight.

I was also hopeful JMM may have eventually fought Istvan Kovacs, but instead Chargon took that title off him. (I think on styles both being fast astute boxers) it could of been an amazing chess match of fast moves Foty or maybe they were too similar and it would of been a head to head clash .

So which fights were you praying for that never happened that would have changed history in a prime weight division?
    I wished it would of happened too. Everybody did. Except Hamed that is. You can't blame Marquez. He sat and waited as the mandatory number 1 spot for 2 years. Hamed kept saying he was next. But always kept facing someone else. After Hamed decided that Vuyani Bungu (who had never once fought as a Featherweight before) was more worthy, he knew the fight would never happened. Hamed tried to save face with a bullshit offer afterwards, but everybody but the Hamed groupies knew the real deal. Hamed wanted nothing of Marquez. Shameful behavior.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I wished it would of happened too. Everybody did. Except Hamed that is. You can't blame Marquez. He sat and waited as the mandatory number 1 spot for 2 years. Hamed kept saying he was next. But always kept facing someone else. After Hamed decided that Vuyani Bungu (who had never once fought as a Featherweight before) was more worthy, he knew the fight would never happened. Hamed tried to save face with a bullshit offer afterwards, but everybody but the Hamed groupies knew the real deal. Hamed wanted nothing of Marquez. Shameful behavior.
    Lets stick to the facts -

1. Marquez was offered a career high payday to fight Naz. Fact.
    2. Marquez turned it down. Fact.
    3. Marquez is on record admitting this. Fact.

Now, tell me, am I lying?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also wish Floyd hadnt lept over 140.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Plus.... When Hamed was in his prime JMM had fought 1 decent oppontent (Norwood) and lost. So why did he deserve a shot and why would he have been more feared (at that point) than Vasquez, McCullough, Buyungu etc)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Yes! That's why is was the bookies favourite on both sides of the atlantic to beat a prime MAB
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I wish Kostya and the Viper Vernon Forrest had fought again but in the pro's, around 95.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 140 story didn't quite pan out as it should; Floyd, Ricky, Miguel, Kostya, Zab, Auturo... Moving onto Manny, Amir, Devon & Tim... A lot of names, not too many actual match ups... Since 2003!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Plus.... When Hamed was in his prime JMM had fought 1 decent oppontent (Norwood) and lost. So why did he deserve a shot and why would he have been more feared (at that point) than Vasquez, McCullough, Buyungu etc)
    Don't be silly Big H. You don't know boxing.

The no.1 WBO contender, that no TV network on earth is interested in, and a man that has FAILED in his first attempt in world-class, is far more important than the lineal featherweight champion and proven "world" title winners.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also wish Floyd hadnt lept over 140.
    So he could fight your boy Tzsyu.

I would have liked to see Cotto v Hatton v Floyd at 140lb too like jim said.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto/Hatton straight after Tszyu may have been a decent fight if ricky had kept up the momentum.

Tszyu /Floyd would have been good in their younger years Tszyu may have actually boxed more.

Dont think either of these fights would have been quite as equal at any other time though. I imagine Floyd and Tszyu could have its moments with alot of holding between and HAtton had to be right on the top of his game and someone had to fight his fight.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson v Holyfield 89
    Tyson v Bowe v Lewis early 1990's
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information