Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: haye or wlad fans, who will be more embarrassed?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default haye or wlad fans, who will be more embarrassed?

considering the members of this forum, if the man they are supporting loses which set of fans will be more embarrassed?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: haye or wlad fans, who will be more embarrassed?

I'd have to say the Wlad fans.

Wlad is a bigger Heavy, a more experienced Heavy, if it goes to points - it's in Germany etc etc a Wlad loss is far less excusable than a Haye loss would be.

Wlad getting smashed off of a greener, smaller fighter? I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was a fan.

All Haye fans would have to get embarrassed over is that they over estimated their fighter too much.

Most Haye fans with their heads screwed on should be giving Haye a very good shot, but realising that he is still a sizable underdog in this fight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    considering the members of this forum, if the man they are supporting loses which set of fans will be more embarrassed?
    I consider myself as a fairlly good Wlad's fan and if ever he loses, I will be very disappointed but not embarrassed one second. That will be a "sad" day so to speak but that is about it, appreciating sport is all about cheering for our favorites but win or lose, "TV sports" are first and foremost entertainment, not a visceral need.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think adam hits the nail on the head

i think the general opinion of haye fans (reading the posts on here) is that haye has a very good chance but is the underdog

and the general opinion of the wlad fans is that haye has no chance, he was an overrated cruiserweight, he doesnt have the power to hurt wlad, he wouldnt have beaten byrd or chambers, etc etc

so id say in general the wlad fans will have some egg on their faces (if haye wins obviously)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think the general opinion of haye fans (reading the posts on here) is that haye has a very good chance but is the underdog

and the general opinion of the wlad fans is that haye has no chance, he was an overrated cruiserweight, he doesnt have the power to hurt wlad, he wouldnt have beaten byrd or chambers, etc etc

so id say in general the wlad fans will have some egg on their faces (if haye wins obviously)
    I am the first one to think that Haye has no chances and would Wlad lose, I wouldn't be embarrassed one second and will take the mockeries like a big man. As Bad Religion once sang "because it's only, entertainment".
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

I am the first one to think that Haye has no chances and would Wlad lose, I wouldn't be embarrassed one second and will take the mockeries like a big man. As Bad Religion once sang "because it's only, entertainment".
    good on you brother

i shall expect some abuse from you if wlad wins as i expect you to be ready for mine if it is haye who wins

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I root for wlad but if he looses it won't be the first time a fighter I root for has lost nor will it be the last, don't see why there should be shame in it. I think its just a few people on either side that have been fanatical about it and those are the ones that will have egg on their face for talkin so much crap...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I root for wlad but if he looses it won't be the first time a fighter I root for has lost nor will it be the last, don't see why there should be shame in it. I think its just a few people on either side that have been fanatical about it and those are the ones that will have egg on their face for talkin so much crap...

what is it that makes wlad appealing in this fight? is it just hayes mouth thats putting you off?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah not a fan of how haye went about things over last few years, been a fan of wlads for years. People call him borring but I think he's not any more borring than most other dominant fighters.he doesn't take risks because he doesn't have to its up to his opponent to push him and heck haye might be able to. If haye wins fair play to him and I hope hell act classy in victory, or more likely defeat. All I know is I rewatched lewis vitali earlier, and god if this fight is only half as good as that ill be happy regardless of outcome.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep Adam has it bang on

the majority of us Haye fans realise the enormity of his task - but that it's achievable. Will be nothing to be embarassed about at all

those who are saying ( very few but they are out there !) that he will take Wlad apart easily and in no time are deluded.

But I am happy to be proved wrong

And if he does will look forward to reading Lyle's postfight post
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm the total opposite and don't see a way Wlad can win unless by Hayes mistakes

Anyone who thinks Haye will stand directly in front of him is off their head.

Booth will have a gameplan no question.!

i can see Haye stopping him inside 7 rounds infact the earlier the better

Here's Freddy Roach on the fight!

Freddie Roach: David Haye will beat Wladimir Klitschko in heavyweight title fight if he uses his power early - Telegraph

El Kabong Guest

That's at least the 3rd time that Freddy Roach article has been posted.

I won't be embarrassed if Wlad loses. I won't be happy about the loss, but losses happen in boxing.

I'm not worried about the other side because they'll just say "He was the underdog" and what not and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think if the guy is going to talk a whole bunch of trash then the way he fights will determine if his fans should feel embarrassed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you're saying that you'd rather see haye lose well than win badly?

Probably the most unbiased you've been on the subject...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Yeah not a fan of how haye went about things over last few years, been a fan of wlads for years. People call him borring but I think he's not any more borring than most other dominant fighters.he doesn't take risks because he doesn't have to its up to his opponent to push him and heck haye might be able to. If haye wins fair play to him and I hope hell act classy in victory, or more likely defeat. All I know is I rewatched lewis vitali earlier, and god if this fight is only half as good as that ill be happy regardless of outcome.

what do you like about wlad, do you find his fights entertaining?

would you be happy for him to reign like he is for the next 5 years?

do you think that the HWs are just as exciting now as in all the eras before lewis retired?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    So you're saying that you'd rather see haye lose well than win badly?

Probably the most unbiased you've been on the subject...
    Ha, well that's not exactly what I meant. You guys are of course aware of when fighters that may have "a puncher's chance" vs Wlad but instead of pushing the envelope and pressuring Wlad trying like hell to land a big punch they load up and wait and eat jabs all night.

I would like for the WBA title holder to have a good fight, Wlad needs a test every now and then. And it would be nice for the heavyweights to have a fight that lives up to the hype.

Thread Information