Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: But Can We Admit the Fact That...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default But Can We Admit the Fact That...

I sincerely appologize for creating yet another thread which mentions Haye and W. Klitschko, but there is one thing I feel we need to clear the air about.

The majority of posters on here have berated Haye's performance and called this a shit fight.
    But- be honest now. Was this fight worse than any of the following

Let's see here...

Wlad vs Samuel Peter - I think the only action in this fight after we got through the first rounds consisting mostly of clinching, was watching a slow plodding peter try his best to land something... anything on Wlad. Failing this, Peter was KO'd. Bravo, good fight.

Wlad vs Eddie Chambers - If I'm not mistaken... I think Chambers may have actually hit Wlad once. Not sure though. The body slam was pretty cool. Waiting till the end of round 12 for a KO that was due way earlier was.... well... it is what it is.

Wlad vs Ruslan Chagaev - Chagaev moves forward, tries to hit Wlad, cannot, gets tied up, knocked down, and stopped. Hmm he might have hit Wlad once or twice as well.... Im not sure. Wlad probably forgot if he did as well.

Wlad vs Hasim Rahman - Ahh yes, I remember this fight... barely. Poor Rahman never stood a chance. Did he hit Wlad once? I dont feel like watching the fight again to find out. But I do recall a one sided no hope beating.

So in retrospect, how bad was the fight we witnessed on the 2nd. My God, Haye won about 2 rounds. Who was the last person to win ANY rounds against Wlad. The last person to go 12 rounds with Wlad was..... Yeah, no one wants to even think about that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: But Can We Admit the Fact That...

And for those who still are not convinced, I submit exibit B:

I shall name 2 names of boxers involved in interesting fights with Vitali Klitschko...

Solis - grounded permanently after getting brushed by a "punch" on the temple.

And less we forget the infamous Kevin Johnson?

El Kabong Guest

What are you trying to prove with this? Are your trying to ease our minds about how big a flop Haye was? The man talked himself into this position and then didn't follow through he has no one to blame but himself.

Wlad vs Peter at least had some drama. The Haye fight was just Haye spewing shit. I would equate it to the Kevin Johnson fight or maybe the Ibragimov fight. All the other fights you listed were ok....Solis injured himself and I don't really call that a "fight"...that's the ONLY way Haye could have looked even worse in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What are you trying to prove with this? Are your trying to ease our minds about how big a flop Haye was? The man talked himself into this position and then didn't follow through he has no one to blame but himself.

Wlad vs Peter at least had some drama. The Haye fight was just Haye spewing shit. I would equate it to the Kevin Johnson fight or maybe the Ibragimov fight. All the other fights you listed were ok....Solis injured himself and I don't really call that a "fight"...that's the ONLY way Haye could have looked even worse in the ring.
    No Lyle, I'm saying that Haye (while falling and "running") accomplished more, as proven by the score cards, then any of the other Klitschko opponents I have listed. If you are honest with yourself, you may recall that in some of those fights, Klitschko may not have taken 1 clean shot. (peter landed one after the bell, so it doesnt count)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude? Let it die, really. Haye can be lumped in the a shot to bits Rahman and last legs Peter. Now what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All of the fights you mentioned resulted in a KO/TKO so of course they were better fights. The other fighters tried to win not tried to finish the fight on their feet like Haye.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mate i put 1 bet on for the fight, 10 euros on wlad to win on points

id rather not have won the bet but i did

if i could have bet on it being a boring fight i would have put that on too
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

No Lyle, I'm saying that Haye (while falling and "running") accomplished more, as proven by the score cards, then any of the other Klitschko opponents I have listed. If you are honest with yourself, you may recall that in some of those fights, Klitschko may not have taken 1 clean shot. (peter landed one after the bell, so it doesnt count)
    He also got paid more than all of them combined too, so I don't think the fans got better value for money if that's your point

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    I sincerely appologize for creating yet another thread which mentions Haye and W. Klitschko, but there is one thing I feel we need to clear the air about.

The majority of posters on here have berated Haye's performance and called this a shit fight.
    But- be honest now. Was this fight worse than any of the following

Let's see here...

Wlad vs Samuel Peter - I think the only action in this fight after we got through the first rounds consisting mostly of clinching, was watching a slow plodding peter try his best to land something... anything on Wlad. Failing this, Peter was KO'd. Bravo, good fight.

Wlad vs Eddie Chambers - If I'm not mistaken... I think Chambers may have actually hit Wlad once. Not sure though. The body slam was pretty cool. Waiting till the end of round 12 for a KO that was due way earlier was.... well... it is what it is.

Wlad vs Ruslan Chagaev - Chagaev moves forward, tries to hit Wlad, cannot, gets tied up, knocked down, and stopped. Hmm he might have hit Wlad once or twice as well.... Im not sure. Wlad probably forgot if he did as well.

Wlad vs Hasim Rahman - Ahh yes, I remember this fight... barely. Poor Rahman never stood a chance. Did he hit Wlad once? I dont feel like watching the fight again to find out. But I do recall a one sided no hope beating.

So in retrospect, how bad was the fight we witnessed on the 2nd. My God, Haye won about 2 rounds. Who was the last person to win ANY rounds against Wlad. The last person to go 12 rounds with Wlad was..... Yeah, no one wants to even think about that fight.
    Berating Haye's performance and calling it shit? Hey, I resemble that remark.

You must be talking about Peter's 2nd fight with Wlad, because in the 1st fight, Peter knocked Wlad down a couple times.

So your point is what ninjaspy? Since Haye manages to win 2 rounds and survives the 12 rounds and in your opinion did better then all the other losers you mentioned, he's special and deserves credit? BTW, didn't Ibragimuffin go 12 rounds with Wlad?

Like I said on the fight thread, Haye survived the 12 rounds and didn't get KO'd, lands 2 or 3 effective shots on Wlad, and wins 2 rounds of a 12 round fight, that's about like winning 2 races at the Special Olympics, yeah you won, but guess what, you're still retarded.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 07-06-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's worse than all those fights because of the way DH built it up and built himself up. Good promotion and made a lot of money but when he is 80 years old i'm sure he will look back and wish he'd done something different.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How exactly does one 'resemble' a remark?

El Kabong Guest

I'd give Haye credit if he talked shit about winning rounds or running but nooooo he said and I quote "I will decapitate Wladimir Klitschko" and so forth....winning 2 rounds (at most) doesn't cover that spread man.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye promised a "brutal execution"..........MWAHAHA!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As disappointed as I was with David for fighting inside of himself and not putting any pressure on Wladimir whatsoever, even though I assumed that this would highly increase his chances of getting KTFO, I am actually quite at peace with it now because Wladimir come rain or shine is 100% effective and I guess when you weigh it up, the simple truth is Haye did as good as he possibly could without getting KTFO. Which is far better than what Ibragimov or Chambers achived, Ibragimov didn't win a round nor land a meaningfull punch and Chambers got KTFO even while trying not to.

I can't rate Chagaev or Peters efforts simply because Chagaev tired very briefly to impose himself... And then quit & Peter is limited in what he can do so only has one option. To get KTFO.

I think Brock & Thompson gave it a much better go than Haye. Brock was fighting with spirit and had a rough semblance of a game plane. Thompson maybe even more so.

The point I'm making is, hype/ trash talk/ irrelevance aside, Haye wasn't terrible. No one gave a shit that Ibragimov fought so negatively, they were more concerned about what Wlad was doing. I think this is just a perfect example of fickle boxing fans showing their emotions.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 07-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    How exactly does one 'resemble' a remark?

It's not not surprising that a dumb fuck like you has never heard that expression.

Thread Information