Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So I've started..

I went MMA and it was brilliant! We did just stand up so suited me well as im just a pure boxer. Straight off i sparred with the trainer and he didn't hold back he gave me his best and when i could land i give him some good shots too. I ended up having a nose bleed but we carried on (I'd had one previously so it wasnt a surprise) now i was just wondering does this usually happen? Do you usually go full on with the best guy there who in this case was the trainer. Any body had this experience? I sparred some of the other guys but i mostly got the better of them and one guy i just traded with and he loved it! Said i was "hard as nails" caught him with a shot and he had to stop because he couldn't see! It was great fun but i was just wondering has anyone had the same experience going to an MMA gym and having to spar full on with there best? Today im bruised up it just got me thinking is this how its going to be every time?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So I've started..

no.

never in any MMA MA or boxing club I've been to.

Sounds like someone is playing the macho shit card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I live in a small town and a guy I used to train karate with is now teaching MMA a couple nights a week so I thought fuck I havent done any sort of fighting in ages....so lets give it ago. I spent most of the night practicing ground positions and learning a couple of chokes and a couple of arm bars. Over all was pretty good, at the end we were all paired off and we had to wrestle for a minute and try and get a submission. I managed to keep myself out of a triangle choke with one guy and then reversed an arm bar....then managed to keep out of a guillotine...only to succumb to an arm triangle lol THEN the other guy i wrestled, I managed to get out of a guillotine, get out of that damn arm triangle (learnt my lesson lol) and fend off a rear naked choke...so not bad i think for my first night.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    I went MMA and it was brilliant! We did just stand up so suited me well as im just a pure boxer. Straight off i sparred with the trainer and he didn't hold back he gave me his best and when i could land i give him some good shots too. I ended up having a nose bleed but we carried on (I'd had one previously so it wasnt a surprise) now i was just wondering does this usually happen? Do you usually go full on with the best guy there who in this case was the trainer. Any body had this experience? I sparred some of the other guys but i mostly got the better of them and one guy i just traded with and he loved it! Said i was "hard as nails" caught him with a shot and he had to stop because he couldn't see! It was great fun but i was just wondering has anyone had the same experience going to an MMA gym and having to spar full on with there best? Today im bruised up it just got me thinking is this how its going to be every time?
    Hell of a fast sorting procedure the have! Probably seeing if you come back. If you do, your'e in.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information