Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Favourite Martial Arts Film

In celebration of Donnie Yen's 50th birthday this past Saturday, I made some animated GIF's from his great movie Flash Point, which features some parkour and also some MMA-moves in the fights.

2 more here:
    Donnie Yen's Flash Point Animated GIF Set 1 ~ Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillion Steps

3 more here:

Flash Point GIF Set 2 (Parkour) ~ Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillion Steps

Enjoy!

More tomorrow!
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Ip man 2 with the boys they love it.

Also watched snake and the eagle shadow and they loved the comedy in that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Watched Jet Lee Fearless yesterday but my sons were scared of the brutal fight in the restaurant. My sons may go the other way.
    Ack! good luck with your sons!

With my son, he's been pampered too much by my wife! figured he's 10 now, time for daddy to inject some testosterone into him!!!

lol at me.

Rocky movies will be soon, as we have watched Expendables 1-2 already.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    Watched Jet Lee Fearless yesterday but my sons were scared of the brutal fight in the restaurant. My sons may go the other way.
    Ack! good luck with your sons!

With my son, he's been pampered too much by my wife! figured he's 10 now, time for daddy to inject some testosterone into him!!!

lol at me.

Rocky movies will be soon, as we have watched Expendables 1-2 already.
    My boys love Rocky 3 and 4, I was surprised they say through it but they love the training and fighting. It has some comedy gold too.

Is there an Ip Man 3?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I love Donnie Yen movies and i loved Ip Man 1, i felt the overall plot structure of Ip Man 2 was exactly the same as IM1.

Ip Man goes to different place, has to establish himself as legit and gotz skillz. Local group challenges him, he wins and wins their respect. Foreigner comes in to challenge Ip Man who represents China, Ip Man almost gets beaten before he comes back to win. It worked though. originally yen said no to IM3, but now there's word he will be doing it!

But given the spate of Ip Man movies, wonder if there's any real new story to tell. Anthony Wong Chau-san played older Ip Man, Tony Leung Chiu-wai played middle-aged Ip Man who is already skilled. Donnie's Ip is younger, but also skilled. there was the Dennis To one, younger Ip Man who wasn't as skilled as middle-aged/older Ip Man.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have got Jet Li unleashed recorded will watch it in the next couple of days.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Confession: this is one of Jet's I've not watched yet. sooner or later, i will watch, skipped some of his hollywood movies.

By Ip Man 3 - i think you mean Donnie Yen as Ip Man - if so, no, not yet.

After Donnie's IM 1-2 came out, there was a IM movie starring Dennis To (played one of the students of Sammo Hung in IM 1) - he played young IM. at the time people unofficially called it IM3. That movie had Ip Chun, Ip Man's real-life oldest son, as Leung Bik, iirc, son of Leung Jan (who was one of the famous masters of Wing Chun Kuen from Foshan/Fut San)

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    Confession: this is one of Jet's I've not watched yet. sooner or later, i will watch, skipped some of his hollywood movies.

By Ip Man 3 - i think you mean Donnie Yen as Ip Man - if so, no, not yet.

After Donnie's IM 1-2 came out, there was a IM movie starring Dennis To (played one of the students of Sammo Hung in IM 1) - he played young IM. at the time people unofficially called it IM3. That movie had Ip Chun, Ip Man's real-life oldest son, as Leung Bik, iirc, son of Leung Jan (who was one of the famous masters of Wing Chun Kuen from Foshan/Fut San)
    Yes that must be the one my son keeps telling me about for Ip Man 3 where he fights 100 people and was when he was younger.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 07-31-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

part Chang Cheh, part homage to cult classic The Warriors, City of Violence axkicks the awesome onto this thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

saw your post on the other thread about A Dirty Carnival gangfight scene, will check it out, thx! also will check the others.

Loved City of Violence.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default more Flash Point gif's

More animated GIFs from Donnie Yen's Flash Point in celebration of his 50th Bday. Enjoy!

3 more here

Flash Point GIF Set 3 ~ Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillion Steps

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched 13 Assassins it was a very good film, evil and corrupt bad guy, samurai honour and a lot of violence.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched 13 Assassins it was a very good film, evil and corrupt bad guy, samurai honour and a lot of violence.
    i've been hesitant despite some friends highly reco'ing it to me. cos it's a Miike film, scared he will go gory on it as only he can, not hollywood gore.

but sooner or later, i will watch it.

Thread Information