Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Davis Out, Tito In !

So news broke yesterday of the Davis injury to his knee, and we were all wondering who was gonna step in to fight Rashad on August 6th. Although Machida was offered the fight first, he turned it down as too short notice, Tito was next up to be offered the fight, and after some deliberation he accepted the fight!!

I suppose for Tito, he had been in training camp for the recent Bader fight, and to be fair, it didnt last long and would not of sapped too much energy from him. A couple of weeks back in camp and he will be ready to go again.

Is this a wise decision for Tito, will he make a dent in Rashad ?

I personally feel Rashad has the edge on the wrestling skills, and he will be too quick for Tito on the feet. Typically Rashad will look to take the fight to the ground and use his superior wrestling skills to beat down on Tito. I dont think Tito will have what it will take to defeat Rashad, although I would like him to prove me wrong, as he did so surgically against Bader!

Whats ya thoughts on this match up? easy win for Rashad, or suprise upset for Tito ?
    Last edited by Mattyhitman; 07-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Davis Out, Tito In !

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    So news broke yesterday of the Davis injury to his knee, and we were all wondering who was gonna step in to fight Rashad on August 6th. Although Machida was offered the fight first, he turned it down as too short notice, Tito was next up to be offered the fight, and after some deliberation he accepted the fight!!

I suppose for Tito, he had been in training camp for the recent Bader fight, and to be fair, it didnt last long and would not of sapped too much energy from him. A couple of weeks back in camp and he will be ready to go again.

I personally feel Rashad has the edge on the wrestling skills, and he will be too quick for Tito on the feet. Typically Rashad will look to take the fight to the ground and use his superior wrestling skills to beat down on Tito. I dont think Tito will have what it will take to defeat Rashad, although I would like him to prove me wrong, as he did so surgically against Bader!

Whats ya thoughts on this match up? easy win for Rashad, or suprise upset for Tito ?
    And I kept on thinking Tito Trinidad!

Tito can't fight off his back, and he has a lot of trouble pulling the trigger. Rashad so much more athletic and skilled than Tito it's not funny. Tito will not be able to get off his back if Rashad puts him there, but I think Rashad will be able to get out of Tito's guard in a matter of time.

Tito's chances of winning the standup are not very good either. We are going to see a classic beatdown, imo.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post

And I kept on thinking Tito Trinidad!

Tito can't fight off his back, and he has a lot of trouble pulling the trigger. Rashad so much more athletic and skilled than Tito it's not funny. Tito will not be able to get off his back if Rashad puts him there, but I think Rashad will be able to get out of Tito's guard in a matter of time.

Tito's chances of winning the standup are not very good either. We are going to see a classic beatdown, imo.
    Yea agreed with the grappling, Rashad is on a different planet when it comes to that!!

As for pulling the trigger, well, I think Bader would dis-agree on that one

Apart from that, Rashad's elusiveness on his feet, and stand up striking is still greater than Tito at this time. If Tito can roll back the clock then he may catch Rashad a couple of times, other than that I fear he will struggle with this fight.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your wrong there! Machida took the fight and when Dana phoned up his people to confirm it the next day they said Machida will fight Rashad if he can be paid as much as Anderson Silva!

Ortiz should have got the win last time out against Rashad but due to that points diduction he got a draw. Rashad has evolved from the fight but i think Tito hasn't really changed so i think it will be Rashad taking the win but i'd like to see Tito get the win.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post

Your wrong there! Machida took the fight and when Dana phoned up his people to confirm it the next day they said Machida will fight Rashad if he can be paid as much as Anderson Silva!

Ortiz should have got the win last time out against Rashad but due to that points diduction he got a draw. Rashad has evolved from the fight but i think Tito hasn't really changed so i think it will be Rashad taking the win but i'd like to see Tito get the win.
    Yea bullshit demand, he did that knowing for a fact Dana would, gracefully, tell him to fuck off, which he did. Truth being he wanted more time to prepare for such an important fight, thats the real truth

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post

Yea bullshit demand, he did that knowing for a fact Dana would, gracefully, tell him to fuck off, which he did. Truth being he wanted more time to prepare for such an important fight, thats the real truth
    My arse. He just wanted more money for a short notice fight and nothing more! I'm right damn it!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Thread Information