Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More bulls**t!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry More bulls**t!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

Lou DiBella has confirmed it.

It's fucking bullshit. Coming off of a loss and straight into another title shot for another belt.

I swear, I couldn't care less if they just took away all of the belts in boxing. They have become a mockery.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More bullshit!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

I agree, lets just get rid of all the belts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More bullshit!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

Why is that bullshit? Berto is one of the most recognisable names in boxing and an one of the very best at welterweight?

He lost a very competitive fight to an inspired Victor Ortiz in one of the best fights of the year, where Ortiz looked so good he walked straight into a megafight with Mayweather.

Presumably you think Berto is not good enough to challenge for a world title belt now against the virtually unknown 35 year old Zavek?

I guess you must believe there are a slew of better, more exciting, crowd pleasing boxers who are far more deserving of a title shot than the 27-1 former world champion Berto who had made 5 defences of his title and was Ring ranked number 2 in the weight class behind Manny before losing to Ortiz?

Please enlighten us with their names?

This is a great matchup for boxing, we need the biggest stars in the limelight and I'm sure Zavek feels he is deserving as a reigning champ of taking on a big name fighter rather than some obscure unknown little fighter that would make you happier had he gotten a shot.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More bulls**t!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

Berto is a HBO hype job. The majority of the boxing world agrees with this.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More bulls**t!! Andre Berto has a title shot vs Jan Zaveck on September 24th

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    Berto is a HBO hype job. The majority of the boxing world agrees with this.
    Clearly not Ring Magazine who still rate him at number 3, behind Manny and Ortiz and ahead of Zaveck.

Out of interest seeing as you so oppose this fight just answer the following questions.

1) Is Berto not a good enough opponent for Zaveck?

2) Do you expect Zaveck to win this fight easily?

3) If not Berto, then who should Zaveck fight?

4) What television network are you expecting to see this new title fight Zaveck vs your preferred opponent on?
    Last edited by Kev; 07-28-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They haven't BECOME a mockery. They have been a mockery for 15 years.

So who cares if he's fighting a strapholder. Straps mean squat.

Pretty good fight if you ask me.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm more pissed that it'll undoubtedly be a headliner on HBO. Berto is an unfinished product rushed to market fed to the fans and needs to get off the air for awhile and refine his game...he can start with bending his knees.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm more pissed that it'll undoubtedly be a headliner on HBO. Berto is an unfinished product rushed to market fed to the fans and needs to get off the air for awhile and refine his game...he can start with bending his knees.
    I hope it's a headliner on HBO! Don't you want to see this?

I just don't understand the criticisms. You want him to go away and refine his game? He defended his world title 5 times. What bigger star do you wish to replace him with?

The only other establsihed star in the division is Shane Mosley, but I imagine there would be an even bigger outcry were he to fight Zaveck.

So if not Berto and Mosley, who should Zaveck fight so that boxing remains credible and just?

Have a look at the rankings and find the guy that Berto needs to get out of the way for?

Berto is being matched for an immediate title shot because by universal concsent he the best welterweight after Manny and Ortiz right now. It's the right fight.

I presume boxingbantz believes the title shot should go to either Vjacheslav Senchenko or Rafal Jaciewicz as they are the next highest rated guys, both below Berto however.

Well lets assume they match Senchenko or Jaciewicz with Zaveck. Where are you going to watch this fight? It's not going to be picked up by an American network, I doubt even Bob Sheridan would be covering it. It would be an obscure German fight on Eurosport, that none of us would see, unless you wanted to watch a foreign stream.

So we give a weaker opponent, with no name at all a shot at a world title on a foreign channel that nobody will see, just to avoid the injustice of the worlds third best welterweight fighting for a title again just after losing his own in his sixth defence.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You act as if they would even spell Zavecks name correctly if it wasn't for the flawed Berto having him imported to a grand stage in hopes of grabbing a trinket, again being marketed as "Champion" to then push Berto into a huge HBO fight again, that he wont win, again. Berto ain't beating Pac nor Mayweather. You don't have to read ratings or drink the kool aid to know that.

Berto is a very flawed fighter and if Zaveck beats him I wouldnt be suprised if Zaveck goes the way of Pirog....poof.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You act as if they would even spell Zavecks name correctly if it wasn't for the flawed Berto having him imported to a grand stage in hopes of grabbing a trinket, again being marketed as "Champion" to then push Berto into a huge HBO fight again, that he wont win, again. Berto ain't beating Pac nor Mayweather. You don't have to read ratings or drink the kool aid to know that.

Berto is a very flawed fighter and if Zaveck beats him I wouldnt be suprised if Zaveck goes the way of Pirog....poof.
    I'm not saying he isn't a flawed fighter. I'# just saying he's clearly the most common sense opponent for Zaveck? Have you ever watched Zaveck fight? I'm guessing most of us haven't and that he himself will be relishing the opportunity to fight in America, probably on HBO in the most high profile fight of his career, against Ring magazines number 3 welterweight, and a former world champion himself.

The idea that this fight makes a mockery of boxing as boxingbantz believes is just ludicrous. It would be a mockery if they tried to give the title shot to somebody else.

Clearly Berto is the best opponent that Zaveck can face given that the only two higher rated boxers in the division than him are Pacquaio and Ortiz. Zaveck is not nearly a big enough name to tempt either of them to fight so he's going for the next best thing, in Andre Berto.

How is this a bad matchup? Who should Zaveck be fighting that would make this less of a mockery

This thread is just such a bizarre and unjustified criticism. It's the best possible fight that could have been made and I am excited to see it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Dimitry Pirog he actually proves why the Berto Zaveck matchup is a good one!

Since beating Danny Jacob Pirog has returned to fight in his native Russia, which according to you means he has disappeared and is no longer relevant. Why isn't he? Because he isn't fighting in America on HBO or Showtime?

Exactly my point!

If Berto doesn't get the shot because he's not worthy than Zaveck fights in Germany or Russia himself which to us is the equivilant of not existing.

So how then is Berto the wrong choice for him?

If he fights any of the other challengers it will be on Eurosport in Russian or German. And this is better for boxing apparently?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo once again is on point with his comments. I do not see the problem with this matchup at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I hope it's a headliner on HBO! Don't you want to see this?

I just don't understand the criticisms. You want him to go away and refine his game? He defended his world title 5 times. What bigger star do you wish to replace him with?

The only other establsihed star in the division is Shane Mosley, but I imagine there would be an even bigger outcry were he to fight Zaveck.

So if not Berto and Mosley, who should Zaveck fight so that boxing remains credible and just?

Have a look at the rankings and find the guy that Berto needs to get out of the way for?

Berto is being matched for an immediate title shot because by universal concsent he the best welterweight after Manny and Ortiz right now. It's the right fight.

I presume boxingbantz believes the title shot should go to either Vjacheslav Senchenko or Rafal Jaciewicz as they are the next highest rated guys, both below Berto however.

Well lets assume they match Senchenko or Jaciewicz with Zaveck. Where are you going to watch this fight? It's not going to be picked up by an American network, I doubt even Bob Sheridan would be covering it. It would be an obscure German fight on Eurosport, that none of us would see, unless you wanted to watch a foreign stream.

So we give a weaker opponent, with no name at all a shot at a world title on a foreign channel that nobody will see, just to avoid the injustice of the worlds third best welterweight fighting for a title again just after losing his own in his sixth defence.

Damn right I don't care were Berto is ranked he should have to fight some guys to get back to a title shot. There are guys in the rankings who have been there for years and haven't had a title shot give those guys a chance. Thats how new stars are made! Who cares if its not on HBO it should be a bout being fair and to come of a title shot to get another when there are fighters who wont ever get a title shot is not just.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the problem?

he had a decent reign, lost a close fight when he lost his title

why doesnt he deserve an immediate chance?

did hopkins deserve a rematch with taylor? or taylor with pavlik? did martinez deserve the world title fight with pavlik after a loss? or mosley with de la hoya?

sure this isnt just something else to complain about?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for Berto and his team for getting this fight. But IMO, if a fighter lose in a championship fight, if there's no rematch, he should have to work his way back up to a title shot. Maybe automatically dropping their ranking to 3. In which if the champion fight his mandatory #1, the he should or have to fight the #2 guy for a possible title shot.

Saying that, if Berto win, his next fight will be high profile.
    1. A rematch with Ortiz whether he lose to Mayweather or pull off the upset. FOY2
    2. Mayweather whether he win or lose. MONEY!!!
    3. Bradley?
    4. Khan?

Thread Information