Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default England V India

I know there are only a few cricket followers on here but we must have a thread for the India test series.

All rosy after the first test but we are getting royally roasted today, we'll be lucky to post 100+

Anyone watching?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: England V India

I'm a big cricket follower. Not able to watch today though but just checked the score, 127-8. Not good clearly but England have made a bit of a habit of getting out of situations like this over the last couple of years. I think we could blow them away in 1st Inns but only problem is I think tomorrow will be much better for batting.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    I'm a big cricket follower. Not able to watch today though but just checked the score, 127-8. Not good clearly but England have made a bit of a habit of getting out of situations like this over the last couple of years. I think we could blow them away in 1st Inns but only problem is I think tomorrow will be much better for batting.
    Broads playing like a man posessed right now so he might give us a decentish first innings total. As you say though the sun is supposed to be out all weekend and India could bat for both days.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All in all not such a bad first innnings total in the end. It's great having someone like Broad who can really dig in. I think the match is far from over and we do have an early breakthrough. We will be okay.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Respectable first innings in the end for this pitch. And a wicket in the first ball of India's innings. Still think batting will be at its best on days 2 and 3 though before becoming a nightmare on 4 and 5.
    England's innings showed the (occasional) benefit of having such a deep batting order. Swann at 10 must be one of the strongest No10s in a long time. In normal circumstances though having a long batting line-up doesn't have much benefit as if the recognised batsmen struggle the lower order almost certainly will too. Not today though.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been out and about today, thought about popping into the pub at about 3.30 but didnt

Cracking spell from Broad, its all very finely balanced, Alistair Cook seems to be the Indians bitch. 5 highlights it is then.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England kicking arse here. I really think we can make 500 here and really pressure the Indians leaving them with a tough 400 or so to go for in a final innings chase.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    England kicking arse here. I really think we can make 500 here and really pressure the Indians leaving them with a tough 400 or so to go for in a final innings chase.
    Yeah I think we'll have them in all sorts of trouble, they havent made more than 300 in three innings have they? I keep forgetting this started on Friday so we've got bags of time.

Does any team in World cricket field as badly as India do? Its pathetic at times.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Yeah I think we'll have them in all sorts of trouble, they havent made more than 300 in three innings have they? I keep forgetting this started on Friday so we've got bags of time.

Does any team in World cricket field as badly as India do? Its pathetic at times.
    Yep, 2 more days after this, heaps of time and we've really worked on the run rate after that dreadful first innings. We could be putting on about 350 by the close if we keep going like this, maybe more if these two keep things together. Looking really good.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, 2 more days after this, heaps of time and we've really worked on the run rate after that dreadful first innings. We could be putting on about 350 by the close if we keep going like this, maybe more if these two keep things together. Looking really good.
    Well thats that Next man in needs to do a shift and steady the ship, let Bell go about his business.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, typical. Wicket down, here come the flood gates. Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was really fucking stupid

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very. I'm kind of anxious now. We have a decent lead and 6 wickets, but it's all too easy to lose them. I'm just hoping for a score of 400 now.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very. I'm kind of anxious now. We have a decent lead and 6 wickets, but it's all too easy to lose them. I'm just hoping for a score of 400 now.
    Have India allowed Bell to come back out? It was a confusing incident but Bell WAS out, very gracious of them I think.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have India allowed Bell to come back out? It was a confusing incident but Bell WAS out, very gracious of them I think.
    It's very weird, I was sure we were four down and then we've come out only 3 down. I've been listening with sound off because my stream isn't great and I'm listening to music, so not sure what the deal is really.

Thread Information