Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradley not stripped from title but has the very new title of "champion in recess"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley not stripped from title but has the very new title of "champion in recess"

Sulaiman is really the biggest piece of shit ever, just trying to milk more money off the belt by sanctionning the belt for even more fights!

As president of the WBC, I feel that I should make a brief press note in answer to several criticisms received from some writers in regards to the Timothy Bradley case. Bradley is a great fighter and a pride of the WBC. We gave him first the opportunity before any other even noticed him, and he has won the WBC title twice. The WBC is a not-for-profit organization that has its rules, which should be abided by, if any boxer wants to become a WBC Champion.
    There are traffic laws that are respected: if you don’t stop at a red light, you are violating the law and will be fined. If you don’t have a driving license you should not drive, or you will be fined. If you issue a check without funds, that is fraud.
    Our rules for champions state that each champion should defend the title at least three times a year and when you reach six months of inactivity, the title might be withdrawn, The WBC wrote three times to Timothy, and neither he nor his representatives wrote back, nor have they announced at any time any scheduled fight at all to defend his title. They seemed not to care that there are many other classified boxers who wish to contend for the title, which the champion has frozen.
    However, the WBC did not “strip” Bradley. We declared him still “champion in recess” so that he will have the doors of the WBC opened for when he is able to return, while we declared the active championship vacant with the new champion to fight Bradley when he returns to boxing.

As simple as that.

Boxing - Sulaiman: Bradley not “stripped”
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley not stripped from title but has the very new title of "champion in recess

uh? If the vacant title has been won by Morales and Bradley finally decides to fight Khan who then is the WBC Champion? I guess it means he's not striped until he fights again. Now if he fight Morales instead then who gets to step into the ring first?
    Last edited by fan johnny; 08-02-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley not stripped from title but has the very new title of "champion in recess

I'm getting fed up with the champion ship belts. You have the wba with muliple champions in the same weight and also wbc with champions in recess plus the diamond belt which i think the wbc made.

It's all getting very silly imo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Not for profit organisatzion" certainly not a profit to boxing but dam sure a profit to sulaimans wallet size.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The price of cheese has gone up and all the rats are protesting, right Mr Suliman?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    I'm getting fed up with the champion ship belts. You have the wba with muliple champions in the same weight and also wbc with champions in recess plus the diamond belt which i think the wbc made.

It's all getting very silly imo.
    It got silly a long time ago. The Ring belt/policy is the only one that's respectable.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    "Not for profit organisatzion" certainly not a profit to boxing but dam sure a profit to sulaimans wallet size.
    Made me laugh too. Not for profit. Bull shit!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo will be in here a minute to tell us how great this and the WBC are for the sport of boxing, and yeah they are non-profit b/c the alphabets are what is keeping boxers from indentured servitude.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His logic seems to make sense to me. If those are the rules for the WBC. It might be wrong but hey the WBC can do whatever it wants and we can either accept it or ignore it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistKevin View Post
    His logic seems to make sense to me. If those are the rules for the WBC. It might be wrong but hey the WBC can do whatever it wants and we can either accept it or ignore it.
    I've heard the wbc referred to as the We Be Collecting belt. And they are.

Bradley don't need this thing to be qualify as Champion....and btw it didn't do a whole helluva lot for his marketability either. Tim should shine the belt up, hand it to El Heffe Suliaman, and tell him to turn it sideways and shove it up his ass!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck the WBC! I'm sick of their nonsense, it is pointless and makes a mockery of the sport.

Worthless Braindead Cunts = WBC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistKevin View Post
    I vote we ignore it.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Bilbo will be in here a minute to tell us how great this and the WBC are for the sport of boxing, and yeah they are non-profit b/c the alphabets are what is keeping boxers from indentured servitude.
    Actually this is standard procedure in all combat sports when a champion is inactive.

When Brock Lesnar in the UFC got ill Shane Carwin fought Frank Mir for the Interim Heavyweight belt and was presented with it in the cage after his win. Then Brock came in with his belt and they had a stare down. Standard practice, all according to the rules and regulations.

The point is that the title should always remain current, active and being fought for. If a champion can't or won't fight the belt goes up for grabs and in many cases the champion gets a belt and special status to ensure he's first in line to fight for it again. It's entirely normal.

If it wasnt someone could become champ and just defend it once a year or less. The WBC speculate 3 defences a year which is reasonable. Manchester United can't win the FA cup and then hold onto it the following season by not taking part. You can't keep a Grand Slam by not defending it in tennis either.

You people just rant and rave about nothing.
    Last edited by Kev; 08-03-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Actually this is standard procedure in all combat sports when a champion is inactive.

When Brock Lesnar in the UFC got ill Shane Carwin fought Frank Mir for the Interim Heavyweight belt and was presented with it in the cage after his win. Then Brock came in with his belt and they had a stare down. Standard practice, all according to the rules and regulations.

The point is that the title is always active and being fought for. If a champion can't or won't fight the belt goes up for grabs and in many cases the champion gets a belt to ensure he's first in line to fight for it again. It's entirely normal.
    LEsnar got "strip" because he would be away for the ring for medical reasons and for a VERY long time. Actually, he was supposed to be out for even longer than he really was, bless his good doctors. They even thought that his career had good chances to be off forever, hence why they ha to relinquish his belt to somebody else. Bradley, it's alll another case. Bradley boxed 7 months ago, which is hardly inactive in the world of boxing where people fight most of the time 2, let along 3 times per 12 months period. The only reason Sulaiman is doing it is to get one more fight, maybe 2 more times where he can sanction somebody to get cash off him.
    Emeritus champion, Diamond belt champion, Super champion and now champion in recess, where does this nonsense stops? I am still waiting for the super diamond's champion belt where you have to beat the guy who has the wba, wbo, ibf and then beat the guy who is super champion in order to get it. for very friendly fees, of course.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

The point is that the title is always active and being fought for. If a champion can't or won't fight the belt goes up for grabs and in many cases the champion gets a belt to ensure he's first in line to fight for it again. It's entirely normal.
    LEsnar got "strip" because he would be away for the ring for medical reasons and for a VERY long time. Actually, he was supposed to be out for even longer than he really was, bless his good doctors. They even thought that his career had good chances to be off forever, hence why they ha to relinquish his belt to somebody else. Bradley, it's alll another case. Bradley boxed 7 months ago, which is hardly inactive in the world of boxing where people fight most of the time 2, let along 3 times per 12 months period. The only reason Sulaiman is doing it is to get one more fight, maybe 2 more times where he can sanction somebody to get cash off him.
    Emeritus champion, Diamond belt champion, Super champion and now champion in recess, where does this nonsense stops? I am still waiting for the super diamond's champion belt where you have to beat the guy who has the wba, wbo, ibf and then beat the guy who is super champion in order to get it. for very friendly fees, of course.
    They are a sanctioning body, they sanction world title fights. That's what the organisation exists to do. If a fighter can't or won't fight it goes on without them. If Tiger Woods gets injured and can't defend a major they don't postpone it until he's better, it goes on without him.

Of course Sulaiman wants a title fight to generate cash, they are a business and their business is world title fights. As I said, it's entirely normal, standard procedure in all combat sports.

If it wasn't some fighters would hardly ever defend their titles. It's only been seven months but he has no fight planned so won't be fighting at least until October, maybe the end of the year. In the meantime they want to hold the second title fight of the year in that weight class, according to their standard terms and conditions.

Bradley is being looked after though, he gets a temporary recess status and will be be first in line to fight the winner.

In the meantime, whilst he's doing nothing and therefor providing nothing for the fans the WBC are giving us an excellent matchup between Eric Morales and Mathhyse. Personally I'm pumped for this fight, going to be a barnburner. Well done WBC.
    Last edited by Kev; 08-03-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Thread Information