Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner Can Someone Tell Me About This Guy ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Adrien Broner Can Someone Tell Me About This Guy ?

I haven't been following the current boxing news for quite sometime, but i was on boxrec and see he was rated number 1 in Super Featherweight division. So i decided to watch a quick fight of his and he seems to fight a little bit like Floyd Mayweather Jr, so whats the story with this guy ? and can he go far ?
    Last edited by ICB; 08-16-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner Can Someone Tell Me About This Guy ?

He sucks.... He does his best to pretend he is Floyd in the ring... Ponce beat him and they robbed Ponce cause Broner gave a better acting performance and they are trying to groom him... Crap! Soon as he fights someone real or worth 2 cents his time is done. They will protect him. He's pathetic... He probably sits at home and jerks off to Floyd tapes

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I haven't been following the current boxing news for quite sometime, but i was on boxrec and see he was rated number 1 in Super Featherweight division. So i decided to watch a quick fight of his and he seems to fight a little bit like Floyd Mayweather Jr, so whats the story with this guy ? and can he go far ?
    Why so busy these days mate? What you up to?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I went on little vacation like 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed myself i tried my hand at tennis and golf, i wasn't overly successful at tennis LOL although i could whack it over the net half decent i guess. And as for the golf my mate hit it so hard it went like 100 yards away from the hole. And ended it up in the tree's and no sod could find the ball.

And just been doing my training mostly BIG H, and to be honest the current boxing hasn't really interested me.

I've been treating myself to some late 80's Welterweight fights, been really enjoying watching them it just seems to me boxing has been very slow this year.
    Last edited by ICB; 08-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went on little vacation like 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed myself i tried my hand at tennis and golf, i wasn't overly successful at tennis LOL although i could whack it over the net half decent i guess . And as for the golf my mate hit it so hard it went like 100 yards away from the hole. And ended it up in the tree's and no sod could find the ball.

And just been doing my training mostly BIG H, and to be honest the current boxing hasn't really interested me.

I've been treating myself to some late 80's Welterweight fights, been really enjoying watching them it just seems to me boxing has been very slow this year.
    That period of WW was awesome. I still feel Honeyghan could've whooped Breland and Starling in his pomp (but maybe that's my patriotism )
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

I went on little vacation like 2 weeks ago, really enjoyed myself i tried my hand at tennis and golf, i wasn't overly successful at tennis LOL although i could whack it over the net half decent i guess . And as for the golf my mate hit it so hard it went like 100 yards away from the hole. And ended it up in the tree's and no sod could find the ball.

That period of WW was awesome. I still feel Honeyghan could've whooped Breland and Starling in his pomp (but maybe that's my patriotism )
    I don't know about Marlon Starling, i just feel Lloyd Honeyghan's wide punching. Would never really be that succesful against Marlon Starling's straighter punching and tight defense. I think that was just a bad style match up for Lloyd Honeyghan.

As for Mark Breland i think he was too fragile, and i think a prime Lloyd Honeyghan finds that chin eventually and stops him round about the 9th round. I think Mark Breland needed a good meal inside of him, there's no way he should of stayed at Welterweight he needed to bulk up i think his legs and overall physical strength was far too fragile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's beat everyone in front of him pretty easy so far looks pretty decent to me. Shitting on him would be shitting on ponce and ponce has some losses but ain't half bad himself.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah. By the way you know Curry destroys Honeyghan if he wasn't weight drained, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    He's beat everyone in front of him pretty easy so far looks pretty decent to me. Shitting on him would be shitting on ponce and ponce has some losses but ain't half bad himself.

The judges ROBBED Ponce like they robbed Lara against Paul Williams

Not Shitting on Ponce... he beat Broner

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes a GIT of the highest order...he will get moved quick with overmatched opponents and then get a crack at the weakest possible paper champion ala Chavez Jnr

job biscuit (future echos)!!!

eh eh!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mafiajoey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post

The judges ROBBED Ponce like they robbed Lara against Paul Williams

Not Shitting on Ponce... he beat Broner
    Yes he fucking did. Thank you. Ponce De Leon clearly won that fight and got robbed then that little piece of shit Broner did a lil thug victory dance like the cocky shit that he is, when he knew he LOST that fucking fight.

Fuck Broner, he got a big KO win over Litzau and thats it. He's gonna get his.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The irrational hate he seems to inspire is probably going to make me like him more and more.

He's just a young kid and already has wins over Ponce and destroyed Jason Litzau. That's a decent resume. He's improving, and whether you think he lost the Ponce fight or not it doesn't really matter. He's going to get better and when he does he will probably be a force in his division.

Bit silly to write him off as a nobody, the same way people wrote off Amir, or Carl Froch and said they would fail as soon as they stepped up.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    The irrational hate he seems to inspire is probably going to make me like him more and more.

He's just a young kid and already has wins over Ponce and destroyed Jason Litzau. That's a decent resume. He's improving, and whether you think he lost the Ponce fight or not it doesn't really matter. He's going to get better and when he does he will probably be a force in his division.

Bit silly to write him off as a nobody, the same way people wrote off Amir, or Carl Froch and said they would fail as soon as they stepped up.
    You enjoy playing devils advocate your sick sick little hobbit

Broner isn't half as good as he thinks he is, otherwise he wouldn't have needed a gift decision over a guy a weight class below him in Ponce De Leon.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He destroyed Litzau! I thought he won the De Leon fight too, but he did stink out the joint! He's one to watch imo ICB, there was talk of him meeting Burns
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    He destroyed Litzau! I thought he won the De Leon fight too, but he did stink out the joint! He's one to watch imo ICB, there was talk of him meeting Burns
    I just watched his fight vs De Leon, and i know what people are saying now about the Floyd Mayweather Jr comparison. He does seem to try and copy his moves though he doesn't do them as good obviously.

He's still pretty skillful and i don't think he'll have alot of trouble against Ricky Burns, who is a very average world champion at best.

Thread Information