Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nonito Donaire's next opponent, Omar Narvaez, is a poor, poor choice.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nonito Donaire's next opponent, Omar Narvaez, is a poor, poor choice.

Really? He's a 5'3 super flyweight...fighting a top 5 p4p Nonito Donaire? This isn't even remotely fair. Donaire stands 5'7 and is too big for 118. As much as I've been a Mares fan (even after last weekend), I suspect either he or Agbecko would be a huge underdog going into the fight with Donaire, let alone Omar Narvaez. This fight doesn't do anything for me. We're talking about Donaire who looked somewhat superhuman against Montiel facing a guy who is 5'3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nonito Donaire's next opponent, Omar Narvaez, is a poor, poor choice.

Nonito $hould really move up to 122. I'm getting tired seeing him slaughtering little guys.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nonito Donaire's next opponent, Omar Narvaez, is a poor, poor choice.

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Nonito $hould really move up to 122. I'm getting tired seeing him slaughtering little guys.
    The only fight I would be interested in at 118 is the Mares/Agbecko winner. I mean I could see a Moreno fight too I guess. I don't have a problem with him dominating bantamweight, but fighting a guy who is 5'3 coming up in weight just seems a bit wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sucks.. Nonito needs to fight the winner of Mares/Agebko ( Preferably Agbeko cuz he matches up better ) and move up to 122.. He doesn't need to fight Moreno unless he wants to be the undisputed champ.. Moreno is ordinary and he aint got a snowball's chance in hell..

Nonito said that arum promised him the winner of Nishioka/Marquez... <<< bad ass fight...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Nonito ever fought a man who was less than 2 inches shorter than him?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the same time, I think nonito takes too much criticism for his size.. Being tall dont necessarily make one bigger..

As long as he can make weight, that's what matters.. That's how all boxers are.. They boil down from their natural weight division to gain advantage.. That goes for all boxers, not only nonito.

If Nonito fails to knock people out at 122-126, I bet people will say that he's a natural bantamweight..

I really dont give a shit who he's fighting.. The Flash is a fuckin badazz and the greatest Filipino fighter of all time, period..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mal choice, Jorge Arce would give Donaire a better challenge at a catch-weight and bring in more revenue...No, I'm serious, if Arce holds it down at super-bantam, puts down Simph's upstart and defends his gold well, he'll make Nonito look like he's ducking him ritenow. : o
    Last edited by JazzWolf; 08-20-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWolf View Post
    Mal choice, Jorge Arce would give Donaire a better challenge at a catch-weight and bring in more revenue...No, I'm serious, if Arce holds it down at super-bantam, puts down Simph's upstart and defends his gold well, he'll make Nonito look like he's ducking him ritenow. : o
    lol.. Arce is going to give him a better challenge? Arce might get carried out on a stretcher if he faces Nonito and im not even joking..

Narvaez knows how to box at least and he doesn't block punches with his face.

If arce wants to live a healthy lifestyle after boxing, he must stay away from nonito at all costs..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum says it will happen when Nonito makes his debue @SB, so we'll most probably see homes.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arce has always been on Donaire's hit list. I know Donaire won't hesitate to fight him at ANY weightclass.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's about time Narvaez stepped up in class...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want donaire fight Toshiaki Nishioka of japan.
    i think it will be a great fight..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    That sucks.. Nonito needs to fight the winner of Mares/Agebko ( Preferably Agbeko cuz he matches up better ) and move up to 122.. He doesn't need to fight Moreno unless he wants to be the undisputed champ.. Moreno is ordinary and he aint got a snowball's chance in hell..

Nonito said that arum promised him the winner of Nishioka/Marquez... <<< bad ass fight...
    i don't think there's time for nonito to wait for mares, agbeko or moreno coz it's getting more and more difficult for him to make 118lbs. mares and agbeko seem headed for a rematch and moreno isn't keen on facing nonito. anselmo is slated to face erik morel and i think it's going to be a tough fight for him which he could very well lose.

i think donaire should move up and test the waters at superbantam with a top 20 guy like molitor or oquendo to prepare him for a possible fight early next year with the winner of the marquez-nishioka fight. unifying the bantamweight is beginning to be out of reach for nonito at this point and time. if he can carry his speed and power going up in weight, he could probably do that in a higher weight division.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rather than test the water at junior featherweight, Donaire's facing Narvaez as HBO has reluctantly approved the bout.

This is a solid step down in competition from Fernando Montiel and worse also because Narvaez is at such a huge size disadvantage. It leaves you already wondering what's next?

Thread Information