Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Strength Training

Have not come across anything safe as regarding it Nikola. Ive been the route of I call the weight thing for Strength. I found it unsuccesfull as regards sporting motion, movement if you like. I think there are better ways to spend time on sports strength and conditioning. Funny talking to a guy, the conditioning guy today who is the Strength and conditioning man , for one of the major Football clubs in England. He told me they had got rid of all there weight machines, stopped using them because of the same reason. Things seem to be changing, there seems to have grown out of the 60s, where people selling the machines with the hard sell that their machines will make men Supermen by using their product a fact, but the bottom line was it was all Bollocks . Theres an old saying, train smart, Ive found you have not got to be smart to use Machines. Plus it wont make the Body smart.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These damn forums, just written a long post but i wiped it off before i posted it lol, oh well. This is an interesting topic and quite a funny coincidence as recently ive been thinking of more ways to possibly activate the TFL with some old school movements and as little equipment as possible because im limited with what i have down here as you know ive been looking at tweaking and reworking the basic movements of the sissy squat with help of some elastic here and there but im not sure if it'll activate the TFL as good as some of the stuff you showed me that im currently doing, however i need more variation to switch things up a bit, was thinking of coming down next friday so well talk about it then if your not busy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking it a step further, the Bodys Electric Magnetic Field with its pathways intigrating Feel is a Big player, I feel in the problem with weights. I would like Andres take on this, as He is the residant expert on these matters, as regards Heart, Brain connections.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I too would like to hear what andre thinks on this one, it has always seemed to me just a bit too simple to assume that lifting weights could carry over to combat functional strength, perhaps im wrong. The added weight as a result from that type of training may be useful in some forms of combat but it also has its costs, i feel apart from that the benefits of an old fashioned weight lifting regime remain to be seen.

it seems to me that the human body just isnt that simple at all, the 'enviroments' that we create to put our bodys through during training just arent that simple, nor are the adaptions our bodys make to evolve to that enviroment. If it was all that simple i believe we just couldnt be here today.

Fighting is such a large combination of seperate skills, there could be countless amounts of seperate skills required during fighting who knows, i personally believe even science now just cant explain them all yet. to think that you can ignore this fact and hit the gym 2 times a week with such a primative regime and have the time youve spent doing that being one of the most functional things you could have done with that time to supplement your boxing training as a fighter then i think youve just got it all wrong. But then again thats just my opinion, upset people as it may.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry I really dont know what to think in regards to how to fuse everything together.

But lineal training and lineal thoughts along lineal timelines are not the real way. They are a way to reach a point along a line.

Fact is sub atomically and atomically we are made of only spheres and these spheres all spin as does the world as does the galaxy. If they cease to spin you are sick if they spin the opposite way other things are being allowed to occur and its only you who are allowing it, no one else.
    I think if you can get 100% emotionally involved in what you are doing before you mentally then physically do it,you will get closer to having all your systems free fire ing.
    In martial arts many strive for physical perfection as many other humans do in all sorts of pursuits, but once its achieved,you hit a wall and its very sickening until the real lesson of stripping it all back to bare bones begins and you search behind what created the art and are back into raw feelings thought and words. There is only electric energies and magnetic energies nothing else. If you aim for something only up one route then eventually you have to balance it out with the opposite, or hit the wall.
    In all honesty if you lose the love for what you do and what you have accomplished, you lose the love you have for yourself and maybe for others too if you allow it to go on.

I think its impossible to teach anyone a set path in complete balance or harmony, because they have to want to walk it themselves in order to find their own balance.

But the people who love with all their heart what they do, do it with much less effort and its that heart-mind link that creates the counter balancing spin that gives us a natural; and they love themselves (in a non ego way) because they are what they do so its self generating.

A different exercise is to hold your arms out and spin like a twirling dervish they generally go clockwise, quite fast, then stop and hold your ground as the world flys around you. 21 spins maximum.3 times a day maximum. Eventually once your system balances out and your centers are up to speed its easy. Quite sickening to start with though.
    I like anti clockwise these days but im weird,as you well know.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe the question is: "How can we help people love what they are doing so that their hearts minds and bodies link as one and fire unobstructed?"

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Maybe the question is: "How can we help people love what they are doing so that their hearts minds and bodies link as one and fire unobstructed?"
    Very intresting post andre, ive been saying this myself quite a lot for the past year or so, the key seems to be to find a passion and feed the fire, in terms of development in humans in any area this rule seems to be true. I have no idea how it all works and i dont think i ever will but i felt i knew this to be true from my own experiences.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im of that opinion, but ive been doing something, which i find interesting. Plus ive still got a lot of reading to do on Science fact, plus a few things that are not .I find the connection between Heart and Head, plus the theory that the Heart signals the Head more than the other way round, brought on by the Human Electromagnetic Field, through Feel, its interesting

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Light body.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Light Body, lost me there mate. Talking conciousness and living matter and its interpretation of Feel, as regards metal weights and movement.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is part of the whole consciousness.
    Its the part science cant measure. Our heart thinks in a way the brain doesnt and behind those links and pre thoughts exist feeling/knowing and that is conscious awareness within in every cell and surrounding them too. That same awareness can be exercised and expanded to exist outside of the cells if you want. Want is also part of the bigger picture. So too is Dna Rna memories from ancestors and other past events as well. It effects consciousness and living matter.
    Last edited by Andre; 08-31-2011 at 11:28 PM.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With you now , totally agree. I think that something ive been working with is teaching me about re/routing aspects of conciousness, ill pm you later.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    With you now , totally agree. I think that something ive been working with is teaching me about re/routing aspects of conciousness, ill pm you later.
    Wow mate: re awakening the body memory and opening up old blocked electrical pathways so their consciousness regains its control.

Do you remember that tapping on the head and heart thing that body talk and a few kinesiology people use, that I once mentioned?

If you do that after helping someone, it tells their heart memory to remember the new pattern by linking it into all the brain cortex es tot he area you have been working on. That way there is no regression between each session.

Sorry; Im away from boxing again here, but I can see how this will all link up through all of your great work in each area, specially the kids.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Sorry I really dont know what to think in regards to how to fuse everything together.

But lineal training and lineal thoughts along lineal timelines are not the real way. They are a way to reach a point along a line.

Fact is sub atomically and atomically we are made of only spheres and these spheres all spin as does the world as does the galaxy. If they cease to spin you are sick if they spin the opposite way other things are being allowed to occur and its only you who are allowing it, no one else.
    I think if you can get 100% emotionally involved in what you are doing before you mentally then physically do it,you will get closer to having all your systems free fire ing.
    In martial arts many strive for physical perfection as many other humans do in all sorts of pursuits, but once its achieved,you hit a wall and its very sickening until the real lesson of stripping it all back to bare bones begins and you search behind what created the art and are back into raw feelings thought and words. There is only electric energies and magnetic energies nothing else. If you aim for something only up one route then eventually you have to balance it out with the opposite, or hit the wall.
    In all honesty if you lose the love for what you do and what you have accomplished, you lose the love you have for yourself and maybe for others too if you allow it to go on.

I think its impossible to teach anyone a set path in complete balance or harmony, because they have to want to walk it themselves in order to find their own balance.

But the people who love with all their heart what they do, do it with much less effort and its that heart-mind link that creates the counter balancing spin that gives us a natural; and they love themselves (in a non ego way) because they are what they do so its self generating.

A different exercise is to hold your arms out and spin like a twirling dervish they generally go clockwise, quite fast, then stop and hold your ground as the world flys around you. 21 spins maximum.3 times a day maximum. Eventually once your system balances out and your centers are up to speed its easy. Quite sickening to start with though.
    I like anti clockwise these days but im weird,as you well know.
    done that as part of kundalini yoga.

also done this for several minutes you done feel kinda groovey afterwards

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched that, Terrible for Balance and coardination I think.

Thread Information