Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Strength Training

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Just watched that, Terrible for Balance and coardination I think.
    Yeah your probably right,But I dont think it was used for training the physical body ,it was used to get your electrical energy centers or Chakra centers spinning back up at the correct rate. Its a very ancient practice,originally from Tibet area I think.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not very good for Hip alinement going one way.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts on 'strenght', as it applies to boxing, have a basis in "the proper amount applied in the proper way at the proper time." I think that there is too much emphasis put on being 'strong' physically, not enough on being strong mentally. After all, you don't need to press the rival over your head, just hit him while making him miss you.
    I think that a great deal of that is conveyed mentally. Certainly, your body needs to be fit, to go the distance required at the pace required, but that starts in the mind. Because you'll never make the effort to be fit in body if your head isn't right. I've never believed in weights- bulk you up too much, to a weight class beyond your other attributes- and have always favored flexibility and leverage. Oddly, everybody I've worked with is considered strong inside and a very hard puncher. Properly applied force.
    When I'm teaching somebody, I focus a lot on where you put your weight: I think we can all agree that an individual that can put his weight in one place and focus it is a very strong man indeed, whether or not he can bench press a ton. I try to focus their mind on their capabilities, and the fact that I expand those capabilities- not for ego reasons but because, at some point, they may very well need to believe in me when it is hard to belive in themselves. (This is especially true when working with young kids).
    I don't like jumping rope as a warm up exercise because it is brain dead and repititious. Shadow boxing is much better because it engages the mind, and mental strength is the foundation. Then there is me, constantly over the shoulder, because you have to know what you are thinking, and what you are trying to accomplish, as you shadow box, hit the bags, and so on. When you build the mind, the body has to follow, because then you know what you are trying to do and can prepare accordingly.
    Personally, I think strength is overrated. Take Saddler-Pep...Saddler was able to over power and manhandle Pep inside, thus he beat him. But only because he made Pep lose his mental strength and get ouit of his game; in the fight where Pep kept his cool, he won.. (Of course, this gets back to properly applied force and Pep couldn't/didn't punch much...)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great post by Greys, something ive been involved with recently, has led me down some interesting avenues. How important the Heart is in the greater realms of things regarding Feel and living tissue involving as regards the Human Electric Magnetic Field, its the missing link, I feel in all of what we do, or are trying to do when looking for Sports Strength in movement.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think the electrical thought energies and magnetic feeling heart energies are one of the same or separate? Im not 100% certain but I think we can make it either depending on base intention.

Muscle memory maybe dictated more by the heart / recorded history memory more by electric brain waves.

I think its easier to link one side of the brain to one type of memory, the other side to the other kind of memory, it could be a vague link from what it once was because the pituitary is shrunk due to our intentions and change in evolutionary needs.

Regarding memory Im pretty sure there is one more which would make 3 available:
    dna /rna ancestor recorded memory that can be got at via both hemispheres firing simultaneously with the pituitary in action as well. When you think about it, matter and thought are all spheres in coils of waves that go inward and outward one spinning one way the other the other.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre, without the Heart theres nothing, I think it creates everything. All muscle Feel goes through it. Heart comunicates to the Brain, more than the other way round. Heart is the Matrix.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree mate it is not just a big muscle pump as pathology would have us believe.

And yet people can over rule it and even put their own heart under stress and attack through their mind.

I do you know you are not coming from that angle though.
    Last edited by Andre; 09-14-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in relation to Feel it governs all concoiusness of History thats stored, memory of do and why .

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    I am in relation to Feel it governs all concoiusness of History thats stored, memory of do and why .
    Yeah.
    You left off how . Everything is stored in there . But as you know Im coming off a different track than feel, im talking ancestor memory.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting Ancestors,all though i agree, reading stuff that contradicts the theory interesting.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is so much more to dna /rna memory tracts than first meets the eye. Or more to the point the conscious awareness, as opposed to the unconscious/conscious awareness of most who are happy looking the opposite way, away from anything other than material possibilities. Its like a veil is across its existance to prevent even its slightest penetration from the material perspective.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personenly I agree with where youre coming from. Involved with soccer coaches at the moment. At the moment there take on it is different, as regards outlook on DNA and the young. Im still listening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the discussion on heart and relation. Any more thoughts on pertaining to training?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well im in the middle of something and its confusing to be Honest. Newtonian law of Pyhsics tells you one thing, but working with certain people tells me something else, my gut feeling tells me we are missing something, thats there and its staring us in the face . For the last 18 months been working with people who have M/S and C/P, because I have got something they wanted to try. At the moment Ive got them doing something they have never done, Walk. Ive got a few ideas, but something tells me its not directly coming from the Brain. But it must come through the Nervous System, any ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a rookie here, but I have been interested in embryology as it pertains to the heart, brain, and pituitary gland. Lot's of interesting things found there. I would be interested in exercises that respond to this. I have found at times in my life that a certain physical movement will spring a visual memory, emotional feeling or certain smells.

Thread Information