Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARD vs FROCH!!! who wins and why?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WARD vs FROCH!!! who wins and why?

Oh and Erics44, I'm sure you already know this but you got the heavyweight fights you were waiting for this weekend in Povetkin v. Chagaev and Helenius v. Liakovich.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    this thread will be full of posts about froch's lack of skill and ward will win by easy descision

Froch by KO
    Erics44, you unabashedly support British fighters even when they miserably fail you (e.g. Haye) so I can't help but admire your pride. Froch, unlike Haye, is a proven warrior who brings the fight. I've picked against Froch in the past and been wrong. When I first heard of Froch, I rooted against him because he can come off like a brash, arrogant pr*ck, but he has grown on me so much so that now I believe he really is what's good about boxing. He travels to fight the best. He takes his training seriously and always comes intothe fight prepared well. I'm a Froch fan. I even was in the minority who thought he beat Kessler. Stand up Nottingham!

I also am not a huge fan of Ward's style. Maybe it's because he seems to lack a killer instinct or because he can't punch. Maybe I wish he came down a little harder on Dirrell for dodging him. Maybe it's his preaching religous stuff. I can't put my finger on it. He just hasn't won me over yet for some reason.

I'll be rooting for Froch in this fight against Ward, which is odd for me because usually I root for the American. I believe, however, Froch is the underdog for a reason. I don't see how Froch gets to Ward enough to win. His best chance is to hurt Ward and take him out, but Ward doesn't tire, he fought all 12 rounds against Sakio Bika without tiring. I've also noticed that Froch's power hasn't translated at the top level. When was the last time Froch knocked anyone down or out? 2 years ago? Ward will model his fight on the Direll fight, but he'll engage Froch more than Direll. It'll likely be another Ward stinker.

I'll say this: I won't be surprised if Froch wins any fight because he is a legitimate solid fighter, but the odds are against him this time.

On that note, I'm going to watch the Darnell Boone v. Andre Ward fight (Ward gets knocked down) and a few old Froch fights before I finalize my opinion.
    Froch beat Kessler IMO too, i think if there was a little less hate for Froch then more people would see it that way

he landed a lot more than Kessler and looked a lot stronger through out the fight, all Kessler did was come forward

I am a fan of british fighters yes but i am not biast after a fight, I thought hatton lost to collazo, i thought haye was lucky to get the nod against Valuev (and there are many other examples i just cant think of right now). Ive watched the Froch Kessler fight 3 or 4 times and i just cant see a case for Kes

I thought Froch beat Dirrell due to negativity but I can see a case for people thinking the other way round so i understand the argument, but again I dont see a case for Kes

I supported David Haye for 2 reasons - because he is British and because I actually thought he might win and we might get a HW division back, and just to put the record straight he didnt miserably fail me. He was unified Cruiserweight Champ and HW champ and had some exciting fights along the way, I hope Britain get another fighter like that soon

My view on the Klit Haye fight now is (and i think this is objective) people are a little hard on haye for his performance, yes it wasnt fun to watch. But He went to germany and gave away all of the advantages and for the last 10 years we have had no excitement in the HW division in or out of the ring and for the first time in that time haye created that. So yes he didnt deliver but he does deserve credit

when is the next time we will have any excitement with the HWs?

As for Froch and Ward, I think Ward is Overrated, who has he fought in his carear and then who to get to the supersix final? Abraham? Froch did a better job, his one shining result is Kessler

You mention Bika, yes tough as old boots but beaten soundly a number of times before

And Froch does have power, the people he has fought in the last 2 years dont get knocked out
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and Erics44, I'm sure you already know this but you got the heavyweight fights you were waiting for this weekend in Povetkin v. Chagaev and Helenius v. Liakovich.
    ooooooo i think i just come in my pants

by the way, sorry for the long reply, i think thats the most ive ever written in one post

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

by the way, sorry for the long reply, i think thats the most ive ever written in one post
    Hah. I'm not sure if that was sarcasm, but honestly, I expect both of the fights to be pretty solid scraps.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hah. I'm not sure if that was sarcasm, but honestly, I expect both of the fights to be pretty solid scraps.
    yep ill be watching

hopefully provetkin can live up to some of that potential, and helenuis is good to watch, seems to put it on the line

i think you bring this up because of a disussion in another thread? and my point in that wasnt that there isnt some good fights out there, it was more that there isnt any great fights

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep ill be watching

hopefully provetkin can live up to some of that potential, and helenuis is good to watch, seems to put it on the line

i think you bring this up because of a disussion in another thread? and my point in that wasnt that there isnt some good fights out there, it was more that there isnt any great fights
    i understand. i just think that when you look beyond the excitement and bombast, you'll see that you in terms of good heavyweight boxing, there are other good fights including a couple this weekend.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep ill be watching

i understand. i just think that when you look beyond the excitement and bombast, you'll see that you in terms of good heavyweight boxing, there are other good fights including a couple this weekend.
    like i said ill be watching

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also that massive post ive just done above, the longest post ive ever written, and youve got nothing to say back?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this thread will be full of posts about froch's lack of skill and ward will win by easy descision

Froch by KO
    Erics44, you unabashedly support British fighters even when they miserably fail you (e.g. Haye) so I can't help but admire your pride. Froch, unlike Haye, is a proven warrior who brings the fight. I've picked against Froch in the past and been wrong. When I first heard of Froch, I rooted against him because he can come off like a brash, arrogant pr*ck, but he has grown on me so much so that now I believe he really is what's good about boxing. He travels to fight the best. He takes his training seriously and always comes intothe fight prepared well. I'm a Froch fan. I even was in the minority who thought he beat Kessler. Stand up Nottingham!

I also am not a huge fan of Ward's style. Maybe it's because he seems to lack a killer instinct or because he can't punch. Maybe I wish he came down a little harder on Dirrell for dodging him. Maybe it's his preaching religous stuff. I can't put my finger on it. He just hasn't won me over yet for some reason.

I'll be rooting for Froch in this fight against Ward, which is odd for me because usually I root for the American. I believe, however, Froch is the underdog for a reason. I don't see how Froch gets to Ward enough to win. His best chance is to hurt Ward and take him out, but Ward doesn't tire, he fought all 12 rounds against Sakio Bika without tiring. I've also noticed that Froch's power hasn't translated at the top level. When was the last time Froch knocked anyone down or out? 2 years ago? Ward will model his fight on the Direll fight, but he'll engage Froch more than Direll. It'll likely be another Ward stinker.

I'll say this: I won't be surprised if Froch wins any fight because he is a legitimate solid fighter, but the odds are against him this time.

On that note, I'm going to watch the Darnell Boone v. Andre Ward fight (Ward gets knocked down) and a few old Froch fights before I finalize my opinion.
    Froch beat Kessler IMO too, i think if there was a little less hate for Froch then more people would see it that way

he landed a lot more than Kessler and looked a lot stronger through out the fight, all Kessler did was come forward

I am a fan of british fighters yes but i am not biast after a fight, I thought hatton lost to collazo, i thought haye was lucky to get the nod against Valuev (and there are many other examples i just cant think of right now). Ive watched the Froch Kessler fight 3 or 4 times and i just cant see a case for Kes

I thought Froch beat Dirrell due to negativity but I can see a case for people thinking the other way round so i understand the argument, but again I dont see a case for Kes

I supported David Haye for 2 reasons - because he is British and because I actually thought he might win and we might get a HW division back, and just to put the record straight he didnt miserably fail me. He was unified Cruiserweight Champ and HW champ and had some exciting fights along the way, I hope Britain get another fighter like that soon

My view on the Klit Haye fight now is (and i think this is objective) people are a little hard on haye for his performance, yes it wasnt fun to watch. But He went to germany and gave away all of the advantages and for the last 10 years we have had no excitement in the HW division in or out of the ring and for the first time in that time haye created that. So yes he didnt deliver but he does deserve credit

As for Froch and Ward, I think Ward is Overrated, who has he fought in his carear and then who to get to the supersix final? Abraham? Froch did a better job, his one shining result is Kessler

You mention Bika, yes tough as old boots but beaten soundly a number of times before

And Froch does have power, the people he has fought in the last 2 years dont get knocked out
    I can see how you would think Ward is overrated. Bute performed better against Miranda and Bika. Froch looked better against Abraham. However, I was impressed with Ward's win over Kessler assuming Kessler was all there that fight. I believe Ward is a master of distance and he either smothers someone and moves away or gets in and out well. I just see Froch having a tough time finding him with his punches. Froch will do his homework and give it his all though, that I'm certain of.

As for heavyweights, I think what you're missing is the charisma of heavyweights from eras ago. Ali, Marciano, Louis, Tyson all had a certain swagger about them that the Klithscko's allegedly don't possess. They aren't big talkers. They don't have a strong killer intinsct. They are technicians like Mayweather. They dominate, they win, but that's all. Am I right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a "pick 'um" fight, but i'll be pulling for Froch, I can't stand the SOG, so I hope Carl can pull it off.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch by KO

I can see how you would think Ward is overrated. Bute performed better against Miranda and Bika. Froch looked better against Abraham. However, I was impressed with Ward's win over Kessler assuming Kessler was all there that fight. I believe Ward is a master of distance and he either smothers someone and moves away or gets in and out well. I just see Froch having a tough time finding him with his punches. Froch will do his homework and give it his all though, that I'm certain of.

As for heavyweights, I think what you're missing is the charisma of heavyweights from eras ago. Ali, Marciano, Louis, Tyson all had a certain swagger about them that the Klithscko's allegedly don't possess. They aren't big talkers. They don't have a strong killer intinsct. They are technicians like Mayweather. They dominate, they win, but that's all. Am I right?
    yep, there is a lack of someone with a big punch too (appart from the Klits)

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch by KO

not me bro, I'm with you!!! FROCH!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward down in round 4. Keep in mind that Boone has a 18% KO %.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going with Froch in this one. I haven't seen an awful lot of Ward but he just doesn't impress me very much. Maybe I should watch some more of his fights first but I see Froch taking him late.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont think iv seen that clip!

Put it this way, if Froch gets him hurt and Ward does all that ineffective holding and floundering Froch will finish him. Ward looked badly hurt there!

Thread Information