Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Cleverly-Tony Bellew 17th September,Liverpool.step down in class for Cleverly?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nathan Cleverly-Tony Bellew 17th September,Liverpool.step down in class for Cleverly?

From what I understand its going to be anounced in a press conference tommorow in London.

Apart from shoot his mouth off I dont see what Bellew has done to earn this shot.

His last fight was a boring 12 rounds against a journeyman fighter.The way bellew reacted at the end you would think he had beat sugar Ray.

This fight is tipical Frank Warren matchmaking.He got both fighters so he matches them even if one of them has done nothing to deserve it.Same as nicky cook and Burnes.

The only thing good about this fight is that its going to be fun watching Cleverly beat the gobshite bellew around the ring.
    Balls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nathan Cleverly-Tony Bellew 17th September,Liverpool.step down in class for Cleve

No, it's not a step down in class. Taking on Bellew is the logical step. Cleverly is still green and is not ready for the elites.. He could beat Beibut Shumenov cuz he sucks but the other top dawgs would beat him..

With that said, Cleverly is overrated.. He's no Black Russian that's for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nathan Cleverly-Tony Bellew 17th September,Liverpool.step down in class for Cleve

From Nathans point of view he has nothing to gain from this fight.

Bellew is not even rated as very good by British boxing fans so I guess your average non brit will never have heard of him.

Cleverly needs big fights to get him excited.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smash him up Clev - I hate that prick! (15th Oct)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will sell well so he will gain something from it which is decent money. This is a great little domestic dust up. Sure Clev will win unless he gets silly but then again he might get silly, they clearly don't like one another. I really like the fight from a pure entertainment perspective but it has to be said Kuziemski and Bellew; worst back to back opponents for a world title holder ever?
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno where you got September 17th from, the fight is October 15th.

No way is a step down in class for Clev - I think Bomber will beat him. Clev's defence is shocking at best and Bellew hits harder than Clev has ever fought.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how it's a step down in class. Who has Cleverly fought? He's been fighting a load of obscure powderpuff punching Europeans.

Bellew can bang, is ambitious and makes for great press conferences. Bellew fought cautious last time but improved bigtime on his first performance against McKenzie.

Great match-up.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellow wanted this to be a ppv, which is not going to happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Bellow wanted this to be a ppv, which is not going to happen.

Is Bellew on drugs or has he already taken to many shots to the head.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant belive bellews got a world title shot?! Saying that i dont think clevs boxed a world class opponent yet, apparantly hopkins is fighting the winner! Hopkins would destroy them, its too early in there careers, i defo think bellew v clev will be good viewing tho.......!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this potentially could be a good fight. Both men don't like each other and need to
    Settle the score. I don't think Bellew deserves this fight, but Cleverley is still young and IMO there's nothing wrong with a good domestic showdown for the British fans. I think Cleverley stops bellow around the 8th or 9th. He's got More class and experience than Bellew who needs more fights IMO. I think it will be a good fight whilst it lasts though. I heard of sky sports the winner gets a shot at b-hop. Both men wouldn't stand a chance against him, the winner needs to stay away. If Cleverley wins he needs to up step up the level of opposition. He has potential I reckon and needs to get some bigger names on his record and stay clear from b-hop for the safety of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah needs to stay away from BHop. Theres unification fights out there with Cloud and Shumenov that are much better matchups for Clev.

I sort of hope Bellew wins so theres a chance we get to see Bellew-Bhop. Imagine that
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew wouldn't even win a round against b-hop

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins won't waste his time with the winner, unless he is so deluded that he thinks beating Nathan Cleverly or Tony Bellew will magically draw Calzaghe out of retirement.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew is light years from world class, so its logical that Frank Warren would get one of his plastic champions to defend against Bellew.
    It was always going to happen , if he gets past Bellew how about fighting another east european powder puff punching peasant farmer?
    Then after another 20 or so , he can call out B-HOP who by then should be in his late 70's,
    sounds like a perfect plan to me.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 08-31-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information