Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Haye retire or take on Vitali?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Haye retire or take on Vitali?

Personally after his showing against Wladimir I'd like to see him get knocked out by Vitali, ashame because I was actually rooting for Haye in the fight.

I ask, in light of Vitali's request to Haye to break his silence about his future.

espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/108419.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If haye still has the desire left in him i think hes capable of beating any of the other heavys bar the klitchkos, hayes always been an athlete in good shape etc, but after banging on about retiring after 31st bday for so long it makes me doubt if he could get up for fighting again?! Haye was crap against wlad, very dissapointing after the talk!! But he still went 12rounds with the best and lets face it hes ko'd nearly all his opponents..... I'd bet in haye against potevkin!

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Haye retire or take on Vitali?

haye should not show his face again in boxing. a truly PATHETIC showing against glass chinned Wlad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed haye was pathetic against wlad, but hayes achived alot in his boxing career and can be proud if that, (bar the wlad fight!) i would respect haye alot more if he came back from that loss and won afew more fights, not just crawl under a rock like what naz hamed did.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    haye should not show his face again in boxing. a truly PATHETIC showing against glass chinned Wlad.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Haye/Wlad fight again Sat.. Haye was scared end of.! Only Seen one interview of him really since then and his Facebook page is dead also.!

He must be seriously licking his wounds after that performance which was dog shit.!

Doubt he'd fight Vitali to be honest for fear of more humiliation. (His ego must feel like it's been raped and then some).

To be fair tho what he's achieved is pretty special in my book. 2 weight champ and and some good scraps along the way.

He should have done more ground work in the Heavy divison imo and got some more fights under his belt before Wlad.

I don't think we'll see him fight again.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I watched the Haye/Wlad fight again Sat.. Haye was scared end of.! Only Seen one interview of him really since then and his Facebook page is dead also.!

He must be seriously licking his wounds after that performance which was dog shit.!

Doubt he'd fight Vitali to be honest for fear of more humiliation. (His ego must feel like it's been raped and then some).

To be fair tho what he's achieved is pretty special in my book. 2 weight champ and and some good scraps along the way.

He should have done more ground work in the Heavy divison imo and got some more fights under his belt before Wlad.

See that was his point. He talked himself into a lucrative fight without having to go the usual way of taking small steps up in class until he was actually ready as he ever was going to be for a Klitschko. You can say he would beat an Adamek, Arreola, Chambers, Povetkin, but he has never fought that level of heavyweight whereas all of them have fought that level. From a legacy standpoint, if he won his way back up the ladder, he'd be in a much better place even if he lost again against Wlad. As it stands now, his legacy just isn't that good - I would say he's not even a top ten heavyweight, legacy-wise, of the last ten-twenty years.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    So true.

The amount of times he fell over in each round was a disgrace.

The only thing he SHOULD do is get back in the mix and fight vitali.. But hes too yellow.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Exactly. And without being a 'know it all koont' it's exactly what I said would happen.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overhyped , self promting, egotistical , arsehole , stay retired you fraud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Haye fight Vitali. I think it would be a BETTER fight, as long as it lasted because Vitali is willing to take a few more chances than Wlad and I feel he would make Haye fight. I also get the feeling Vitali really wants to spark Haye too, it seems to me as though the talking and T shirts etc. pushed Vitali a long way and he didn't see it as just fight promoting gimmicks, but more as an insult to him and his family. I think if he takes his hatred for Haye out on Adamek, he may seriously do a number on the Pole. Either that or completely look past him which could be a mistake.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If his heart is still into it, yea. Id love to see him fight Vitali with some conviction. He has the speed and the mobility to take advantage of the frankeinstein's clumsyness.. that herky jerky shit leaves vitali so vulnerable against punchers with speed and he's yet to face that type.. Haye fits that mold imo.. Even though he disapointed me in the Wlad bout, im not going to count him out just for that one event. Vitali isn't getting any younger and age can catch up to him at any moment so yea a really motivated Haye has a good chance..

When I watch Vitali fight, I always feel nervous for him because he's so clumsy and robotic. It looks as though he can get caught by a punch he dont see coming at any moment but no one has been able to pull it off because they were all either fat, unmotivated , or just as slow as him..

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye should make amends and take the Vitali fight and go for broke and make up for his inept performance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should be a man of his word and retire.

He won't though, I think Vitali will call him out and he'll take the fight for one last pay day.

He shouldn't attend the press conferences thought because if he comes out with his "I'm gonna make the robot go zzzzz zzzz" everyone will laugh at him. Everything he has said in the past has been a lie. The bloke is a joke.

Vitali WILL knock him out.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree if haye had gone for broke against wlad i think he'd of had a geniune chance of winning that fight via a ko, haye is a very heavy puncher and a leathal finisher when he hurts an opponent, the problem was haye was too cautious which ended up been a massive let down, the only way haye could ever beat either klitchko would be to let the bombs go and throw caution to the wind, of course this could result in haye getting knocked out,
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Haye should make amends and take the Vitali fight and go for broke and make up for his inept performance.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight an opponent that is his caliber size wise, Adamek, Povotkin could make exciting fights.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information