Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ortiz DQ'd for sucker-punch! Karma?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ortiz DQ'd for sucker-punch! Karma?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ortiz DQ'd for sucker-punch! Karma?

Not really. Ortiz got his punishment which was a DQ, what more karma does he need? Likewise in this fight he got a point deduction which was his penalty.

If there is any karma Floyd will come back as my pet dog and I will sell him to a dog meat restaurant. Of course I would garrote him for a splendid laugh first. You know, just for kicks. There is nothing quite like wanton cruelty to animals. Floyd is worse as he did it with people in the form of the notorious sucker punch. Now that would be.

Ortiz has recieved his punishment, whilst Mayweather always gets away with it. Karma would be Mayweather 'getting it' for once. A rogering by Ellerbe would do for starters, though I fear Mayweather would enjoy that. Bankruptcy at 40 would be good for a laugh.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really, it was the Ortiz own fault.

Ref started fight, Ortiz didn't protect!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Not really, it was the Ortiz own fault.

Ref started fight, Ortiz didn't protect!
    You can choose to respect your opponent or not. That's fair enough, but Mayweather got paid a lot of money to fight and he owed all who watched a lot more than that. It was a lame way to end a fight. Floyd is such a warrior for doing that.

First he couldn't make weight against Marquez, now he sucker punched an opponent and let's not forget the Mayweather/Cortez tag team against Hatton.

If anyone deserves in this world deserves karma it is a toss up between Floyd Mayweather and Tony Blair. Ortiz has recieved his karma.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said it was a classy win, I hate Mayweather!

But the more I've read and the more videos I've seen, the ref does say "ok lets go" Ortiz just didn't hear him properly!

Not classy but also fair.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But the more I've read and the more videos I've seen, the ref does say "ok lets go" Ortiz just didn't hear him properly!

When you say 'fair' I am sure you mean in the loosest definition of the term. It was within the rules, but was not 'fair'. It was a horribly cynical move. There was no regulation in place to stop the financial crisis, but nobody would say that was fair and yet governments gave the wink and a nudge. The environment existed where a sucker punch would be acceptable, but nobody would think it fair. Anyone who paid 70 dollars to watch that should feel very shortchanged.

No fighter should do that, it makes you wonder how much Ortiz was really getting to him in that round. It was almost a Tyson-esque desperation move. If Ortiz can do that then I would dread to think what Manny might cause him to do. I guess Mayweather would just laugh and count his money on a horse into the sunset, but realistically the fight is never going to happen. Floyd doesn't give anything back unless he has to. No way he gives up his '0'.

Floyd is much like a corporate banker. He will take and take, but little truly comes back in return.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was fair but it was firm.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    It was firm but incredibly unfair. In fact it was total bollocks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

When you say 'fair' I am sure you mean in the loosest definition of the term. It was within the rules, but was not 'fair'. It was a horribly cynical move. There was no regulation in place to stop the financial crisis, but nobody would say that was fair and yet governments gave the wink and a nudge. The environment existed where a sucker punch would be acceptable, but nobody would think it fair. Anyone who paid 70 dollars to watch that should feel very shortchanged.

No fighter should do that, it makes you wonder how much Ortiz was really getting to him in that round. It was almost a Tyson-esque desperation move. If Ortiz can do that then I would dread to think what Manny might cause him to do. I guess Mayweather would just laugh and count his money on a horse into the sunset, but realistically the fight is never going to happen. Floyd doesn't give anything back unless he has to. No way he gives up his '0'.

Floyd is much like a corporate banker. He will take and take, but little truly comes back in return.
    You understand correctly, "within the law."

It's a complete slap in the face to boxing traditions, which Mayweather doesn't seem to care about. Most fighters talk trash, he talks net profits, drug testing, records, all the BS to make himself feel more superior.

I hate the guy, I have done for years, I never watch his fights, never research him, never want to see him fight unless he fighters the No.1 ........ Pac-Man!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/COLOR]

It's a complete slap in the face to boxing traditions, which Mayweather doesn't seem to care about. Most fighters talk trash, he talks net profits, drug testing, records, all the BS to make himself feel more superior.

I hate the guy, I have done for years, I never watch his fights, never research him, never want to see him fight unless he fighters the No.1 ........ Pac-Man!
    This.

Some things in the fight game a fighter, fan, promoter or analyst just understands as "proper conduct" in the sport. Trash talking about who can whoop who's ass is just ridiculous garbage, but you have to blame the powers that be (promoters to be quite frank) in boxing for making that so! They have given fight fans very little to respect about them except for their love of money... in a sense I can see the culture shift towards making and keeping your own money, because so few of the guys make and keep their own money!

This is just another reason why the fight build up for boxing is going down, and the build up for UFC is on the come up. Unless Mayweather fights Pac-Man, he can never expect a bigger draw than what he had with Oscar DLH ever again in the sport!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See there's that word again; unfair. How does that word have a home in the context of this situation. Only a victim would say it was unfair because they are stupid.

Floyd, if he was Tyson, could of lost his cool and bit Ortiz ear off. Or he could of went Ricky Hatton and squashed Ortiz nuts... What about Holyfield and the amount of Times he's punched someone after the bell after he'd been punched after the bell?

In realitiy these are really dumb things to do and Floyd OBVIOUSLY isn't that dumb. He is one of the smartest FIGHTERS by nature that I think I have ever seen. The man doesn't miss a thing. He took his opportunity... It wasn't an unfair advantage, it was simply an advantag PERIOD.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    [/COLOR]

This.

Some things in the fight game a fighter, fan, promoter or analyst just understands as "proper conduct" in the sport. Trash talking about who can whoop who's ass is just ridiculous garbage, but you have to blame the powers that be (promoters to be quite frank) in boxing for making that so! They have given fight fans very little to respect about them except for their love of money... in a sense I can see the culture shift towards making and keeping your own money, because so few of the guys make and keep their own money!

This is just another reason why the fight build up for boxing is going down, and the build up for UFC is on the come up. Unless Mayweather fights Pac-Man, he can never expect a bigger draw than what he had with Oscar DLH ever again in the sport!
    I agree! The thing is, the Pac V Mayweather has potential to be huge.

INSTANTLY, it's 2 fights, with a rematch clause, which, provided the first fight doesn't disappoint, is twice the money.

And if the opposite fighter wins the 2nd fight, then it's a 3rd fight. Best money they'll both ever make!

Now how can Mayweather say no to that?
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See there's that word again; unfair. How does that word have a home in the context of this situation. Only a victim would say it was unfair because they are stupid.

Floyd, if he was Tyson, could of lost his cool and bit Ortiz ear off. Or he could of went Ricky Hatton and squashed Ortiz nuts... What about Holyfield and the amount of Times he's punched someone after the bell after he'd been punched after the bell?

In realitiy these are really dumb things to do and Floyd OBVIOUSLY isn't that dumb. He is one of the smartest FIGHTERS by nature that I think I have ever seen. The man doesn't miss a thing. He took his opportunity... It wasn't an unfair advantage, it was simply an advantag PERIOD.
    A dirty advantage which any decent person would not do. I wanted manny and mayweather to loose as I think there cowards for not fighting each other. After a disshonourable move like that I would like to see manny knock him out. If any fighter I followed did that I would lose respect for him immediatly. I used to like Fury before he sucker punched Mcdermot after a handshake but that put me off him immediatly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    A dirty advantage which any decent person would not do.
    I'm sure decent went out the window the moment Ortiz leapt up like Ian Dowie.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    A dirty advantage which any decent person would not do.
    I'm sure decent went out the window the moment Ortiz leapt up like Ian Dowie.
    Im not in any way defending ortiz for his dirty actions. He should have had a point taken earlier for pushing his head in but that dumbass cortez did not see it. He would have had to stop the head butting if he already had a point taken, if he didnt stop after the point was taken he would have been disqualified. However this does not excuse mayweathers disshonourable actions either. He could have been happy with the quick sucker punch he gave him but he went for a full on knock out blow afterwards. So I lost respect for all three people in the ring that night.
    Ortiz for his dirty headbut and pushing his head in.
    Mayweather for his Disshonourable sucker punches.
    Somehow lost even more respect for an already crap referee in cortez.
    What a waste of £15.

Thread Information