Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amanda Knox guilty or not?

I've been watching the Amanda Knox case for several years, Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, are probably guilty as hell, but the Italian prosecution's "evidence" in this appeal, seems highly circumstantial. I believe Knox's conviction should be overturned, due to lack of substantial evidence.

Prosecutors seek life sentence for Knox - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amanda Knox guilty or not?

I don't know enough about the case to have an opinion really. It's not big news here as far as I know.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I don't know enough about the case to have an opinion really. It's not big news here as far as I know.
    It sort of is here in the States, because Knox is an American, and she's being prosecuted and jailed in Italy. Like I said, the Italian prosecution has shit for real evidence.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    It sort of is here in the States, because Knox is an American, and she's being prosecuted and jailed in Italy. Like I said, the Italian prosecution has shit for real evidence.
    I don't recall hearing much about it here in Canada, but I don't have cable anymore so maybe that's why.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I've been watching the Amanda Knox case for several years, Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, are probably guilty as hell, but the Italian prosecution's "evidence" in this appeal, seems highly circumstantial. I believe Knox's conviction should be overturned, due to lack of substantial evidence.

Prosecutors seek life sentence for Knox - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Thoughts?
    She's guilty as hell. People who commit crimes in other countries always likes to make claims of bias or some bullshit when they get caught for murder, rape, drug trafficking, etc. Can't do the time, don't doe the fucking crime.

The only reason why the U.S. media makes it look like she's innocent is because she's American. My Italian relatives thinks she's guilty as hell. She's lucky there is not a death penalty in Italy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This comment in that thread hit the nail on the head. Americans just don't want foreign courts to prosecute their citizens.

I think there is a lot of evidence that points to her guilt. But I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that an attractive young american student could be inovlved in a horrible crime like this. If it's true, it makes us all look bad. Easier to blame the Italian courts of misconduct than to admit the strong possibility that Knox was involved in this murder.

I think people should ask themselves, is their opinion based on the reported facts, or is it based on the idea that they don't like a foreign court deciding the fate of an american? If the exact same event had taken place in Boston, would you feel the same way?
    Sorry if you commit murder or any other heinous crime, your ass isn't above the law just because your country is a superpower.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She is American, good looking and it was a sex crime. She is guilty but will be released in a few years, make a film and go on playboy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think she was innocent.

I don't think she played any part in the murder, although I think she did know that it happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guilty.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's simply not possible at this time to make a definitive statement either way. Much of the evidence against seems flawed, circumstantial and sometimes contradicted by other testimony which is why they are having a retrial.

Statements like she is innocent, or she is guilty as hell are merely people voicing their preconceived opinions and cannot be substantiated yet.

I want to believe she is innocent as she is a very pretty girl, and that to me is the most important thing at the end of that day.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take a look into her boyfriends face and eyes in that video he is full of glee. He is enjoying himself there, its his moment.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    It's simply not possible at this time to make a definitive statement either way. Much of the evidence against seems flawed, circumstantial and sometimes contradicted by other testimony which is why they are having a retrial.

Statements like she is innocent, or she is guilty as hell are merely people voicing their preconceived opinions and cannot be substantiated yet.

I want to believe she is innocent as she is a very pretty girl, and that to me is the most important thing at the end of that day.

From what i've been able to gather so far, the prosecution has a weak/circumstantial case. I'm not saying she's innocent, but if you're going to sentence someone to life in prison, you need to have a strong case against them, there seems to be too much doubt.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Take a look into her boyfriends face and eyes in that video he is full of glee. He is enjoying himself there, its his moment.
    If I had to guess, i'd say it was the Boyfriend who did the actual killing, but who really knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some 3 years ago I watched Italian documentary about it. It's amazing that this case is still on the news. If you have rich (but not too rich) imagination, then this case is creepingly fascinating, at least here in Europe, as we don't have lots of murders like these. A part of me is curious to know how a mind of a young and pretty psychopath works, a bigger part is afraid of what I might find...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    This comment in that thread hit the nail on the head. Americans just don't want foreign courts to prosecute their citizens.

I think there is a lot of evidence that points to her guilt. But I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that an attractive young american student could be inovlved in a horrible crime like this. If it's true, it makes us all look bad. Easier to blame the Italian courts of misconduct than to admit the strong possibility that Knox was involved in this murder.

I think people should ask themselves, is their opinion based on the reported facts, or is it based on the idea that they don't like a foreign court deciding the fate of an american? If the exact same event had taken place in Boston, would you feel the same way?
    Sorry if you commit murder or any other heinous crime, your ass isn't above the law just because your country is a superpower.
    This isn't about the U.S. being a "superpower", just saying, the Italian prosecutors seem to have a flimsy and/or circumstantial, shot full of holes case against Knox. She may be guilty as hell, but it needs to be proven with conclusive evidence, and not half-assed accusations and/or legal guesses by the prosecution.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 09-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information