Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

Thread: Bike

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Get a small pair of bolt cutters in case you see it at some school one day.. like tomorrow for instance. I'd be looking at the local schools, cops wont. Cant be that far away mate,its a push bike.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    I got a new bike and get my first puncture! Love riding just not the bike.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nyeri, Kenya
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    505
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I got a new bike and get my first puncture! Love riding just not the bike.
    Great you got another bike! Just keep riding. Everything will work out. Cycling is an art. Keep it up!

    Just make sure you make eye contact with drivers at intersections!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    The puncture took me 2 days to work out and I went through 2 inner tubes, one I over inflated and it burst and the other split and it "pinched" when expanding. When I "you tubed" how it should be done, I did the whole thing in 10 minutes. Just have to put it down to invaluable experience.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nyeri, Kenya
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    505
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The puncture took me 2 days to work out and I went through 2 inner tubes, one I over inflated and it burst and the other split and it "pinched" when expanding. When I "you tubed" how it should be done, I did the whole thing in 10 minutes. Just have to put it down to invaluable experience.
    Do you have a bicycle club in your area? I belonged to one in Canada. It had a great repair shop with all the tools and skilled bike mechanics to show you how to fix stuff. Didn't cost much to join, either.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hughey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The puncture took me 2 days to work out and I went through 2 inner tubes, one I over inflated and it burst and the other split and it "pinched" when expanding. When I "you tubed" how it should be done, I did the whole thing in 10 minutes. Just have to put it down to invaluable experience.
    Do you have a bicycle club in your area? I belonged to one in Canada. It had a great repair shop with all the tools and skilled bike mechanics to show you how to fix stuff. Didn't cost much to join, either.
    Halfords which is where I got the bike and have branches nationally said £20 and I can come as many times as I want just have to pay for the parts and the labour will be free for all mechanical issues. I have so far declined.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Update on riding a bike to train station after the back wheel got stolen costing me £108 to replace.

    • Swallowed some flying insects which tasted horrible.
    • Learned to pedal correctly with front of toes.
    • Right leg of trousers ruined by getting caught on crank.
    • Chain sometimes keeps coming off which is a pain because I have to dirty my hands putting it back on. (I do not like manual labour).
    • Got soaked in the rain, everything wet including socks and underwear.

    Still enjoy it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,156
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Update on riding a bike to train station after the back wheel got stolen costing me £108 to replace.

    • Swallowed some flying insects which tasted horrible.
    • Learned to pedal correctly with front of toes.
    • Right leg of trousers ruined by getting caught on crank.
    • Chain sometimes keeps coming off which is a pain because I have to dirty my hands putting it back on. (I do not like manual labour).
    • Got soaked in the rain, everything wet including socks and underwear.

    Still enjoy it.
    Insects are full of protein

    You need to grow big lambchop sideburns. They make you go faster
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Down In The Valley
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1160
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Update on riding a bike to train station after the back wheel got stolen costing me £108 to replace.

    • Swallowed some flying insects which tasted horrible.
    • Learned to pedal correctly with front of toes.
    • Right leg of trousers ruined by getting caught on crank.
    • Chain sometimes keeps coming off which is a pain because I have to dirty my hands putting it back on. (I do not like manual labour).
    • Got soaked in the rain, everything wet including socks and underwear.

    Still enjoy it.
    Chain is too loose.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Because of the rain I have a bright yellow rain coat which cover me and the ruck sack and legs. I only wear it if I have to.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,156
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Because of the rain I have a bright yellow rain coat which cover me and the ruck sack and legs. I only wear it if I have to.
    I bet you look lovely. Like a rubber duck on wheels.:-)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Down In The Valley
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1160
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    @Master back to the fun of sore legs and back side for a day or two on Monday.

    Don't forget the bright yellow rain coat.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    @Master back to the fun of sore legs and back side for a day or two on Monday.

    Don't forget the bright yellow rain coat.
    Yes I was thinking about that, legs are going to be strained until I get back to being use to it, as well as the ass.

    I have got myself a black rain jacket, I would rather get a bit wet than look like a yellow duck.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Went to a bike shop and saw a quality black jacket which I thought was £9.99, went to the counter and the price was £99.99! Why do they think they can inflate the cost just because it is a bike shop. Ridiculous and made me feel a prat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,731
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Bike

    Why is this in the exclusive thread, this needs to be off topic? @Andre
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Question on Bike Shorts
    By Dizaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
  2. Charity Bike ride
    By X in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing