Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default R.I.P Steve Jobs

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: R.I.P Steve Jobs

He was only 56... R.I.P

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jobs was a creative chap, but always seemed to be quite sickly.

I wish him well in the existential netherworld.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have a look at some of the stuff that guy achieved in his short lifetime, it is pretty incredible what he achieved for our world in technology.

Also, everyone who met him said he was a cracking guy.

RIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: R.I.P Steve Jobs

Rest in Peace to the man that co-founded the world renowned Apple devices.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MY sympathies to his family but I am nowhere more touched than by the innocent victims from the Lybia's war or in Afghanistan, those who might not have possessed Jobs vision but who didn't have his money neither the chance to offer everything they wanted for their family let alone die around those they loved.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    MY sympathies to his family but I am nowhere more touched than by the innocent victims from the Lybia's war or in Afghanistan, those who might not have possessed Jobs vision but who didn't have his money neither the chance to offer everything they wanted for their family let alone die around those they loved.
    Well said. Jobs led a rich and well off life, he is just remembered more than those who work in his offices and more so than those who die because of pointless military conquests.

The media wants to salute him, but it is a gesture of choice. I can honestly say that the ideas of Jobs are far less influential upon me than major writers or musicians.

I can happily live without this technology. The man man was a tech nerd and was not a thinker. His ideas have quite possibly helped society become a stupid place. Or at least made it more obvious to great thinkers such as myself that I should keep myself beyond these silly phones. And I shall.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That same old argument comes up everytime somebody get an RIP thread.

At the end of the day Steve Jobs is an inspiration to me and his products made my life better. Yes, every death is tragic and nobody's life (with some exceptions) is any more valuable than anybody elses, but the fact is nobody in Libia, regardless of circumstance, has produced antyhign remotely as cool as the Ipad
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Well said. Jobs led a rich and well off life, he is just remembered more than those who work in his offices and more so than those who die because of pointless military conquests.

The media wants to salute him, but it is a gesture of choice. I can honestly say that the ideas of Jobs are far less influential upon me than major writers or musicians.

I can happily live without this technology. The man man was a tech nerd and was not a thinker. His ideas have quite possibly helped society become a stupid place. Or at least made it more obvious to great thinkers such as myself that I should keep myself beyond these silly phones. And I shall.
    Oh miles just shut the fuck up will you!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    That same old argument comes up everytime somebody get an RIP thread.

At the end of the day Steve Jobs is an inspiration to me and his products made my life better. Yes, every death is tragic and nobody's life (with some exceptions) is any more valuable than anybody elses, but the fact is nobody in Libia, regardless of circumstance, has produced antyhign remotely as cool as the Ipad
    But they did in my lifetime and that is a fact too. They are transforming their world.

And more importantly 'Jobs' never tried to make the world around him a better place, he was just a businessman. He just had very good propaganda. He died because he was sickly. He was like any businessman, just pushing his product.

I can honestly say that his ideas don't bother me at all. I don't use any of his products and I think it is all part of modern societal mind rot. Let him die and his family mourn, that is quite enough.

I could never mourn that. 'Ooh he designed my cell phone?' What twaddle.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Oh miles just shut the fuck up will you!!!
    Never in a million years. I will speak the words.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My edit was far more beautiful. Clearly. I demand a coolclick, Big H. You were pretty mean and to a guy that is far more poetic than Jobs.

You give your honest opinions and people just go mental. I think Steve Jobs is dead and was pointless, but clearly I don't use his tech. I don't think he matters. And he doesn't. Unless he is going to go all Bilbo and come back all godlike.

But they never do. Bilbo is clearly still here, Jobs isn't.

Bilbo is far more useful than Job's IMO. That is a factual statement.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You speak shite!

Firstly, this thread is not about how worthy you feel Steve Jobs is to receive somebodies admiration or sympathy, it's not a debate, it's my choice to say R.I.P to a guy I admired.

BUT - If you think that it's all about silly phones and you do not see the impact that Apple has had on the world today then I have vastly overestimated your intelligence.

I could write you a massive explanation off the top of my head, but just think about simple facts such as the number of people that Apple employs and the money that has been made by normal people that hold shares in that company, that is worth between £300 and £400 Billion dollars and was started in a garage!

Think about 'Apps' which is a completely new industry created around Apple devices. How many jobs/businesses/entreprenuers has this created??

The world be live in would be unrecognizable without Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. And you don't need to own a silly phone for that to be a fact. Unfortunately for Bill Gates, in 5 years time his product (the PC /Laptop) will be replaced in every home and business by a Tablet device (thanks to the iPad)

I could go on and on and on, but it doesn't matter, because the guy is dead and I don't need to defend my reasons for saying RIP to the guy. Just stay out of the thread if you do not have an interest.
    Last edited by BIG H; 10-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did more than just invent phones!

Without him we would not have had computers in our homes for a very long time.

Without him there would have been no Pixar studios, so no Toy Story or any of the other brilliant films.

He single handidly turned around Apple from a company on the brink of extinction, to THE biggest company in the world through his inventions.

You know a guy is brilliant when his biggest rivals have so much respect for him. Bill Gates, Alan Sugar, both were huge rivals, yet have nothing but affection for him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    He did more than just invent phones!

Without him we would not have had computers in our homes for a very long time.

Without him there would have been no Pixar studios, so no Toy Story or any of the other brilliant films.

He single handidly turned around Apple from a company on the brink of extinction, to THE biggest company in the world through his inventions.

You know a guy is brilliant when his biggest rivals have so much respect for him. Bill Gates, Alan Sugar, both were huge rivals, yet have nothing but affection for him.
    Exactly mate, that was one of my other points that I didn't include. The merchandising alone relating to Pixar, including all the shops etc is Billions of dollars industry on its own.

Thread Information