Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UFC 140 - Jones vs Machida

This is just ridiculous! Evans needs more time for his hand injury to clear up! Will we ever see that fight? Although this is an intresting fight on the feet how will Jones deal with Machida's unorthadox style.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC 140 - Jones vs Machida

I'm actually much more interested in this fight that the Rashad one. Lyoto brings his unique stand up and has proven very difficult to take down. I'd still lean towards Jones heavily but I think it will prove to be one of his more challenging fights to date.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could see when Joe Rogan put them together after the Rampage fight that Rashad knows he has no chance.

The only guys who can challenge Jones imo are Anderson Silva and some of the heavyweights. I'd love to see him put on a few pounds and battle with Brock, Dos Santos and Cain...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard fight for Jones. Machida controls distance REALLY well...its his game. If Jones wants to try leaping in with his fancy attacks then he better watch Machidas countering. Machidas background is in karate and I did karate for years and I know two things karate taught me well...distance and counter punching Jones will take this one to the ground but it wont be easy as Machida is pretty fast on his feet.

Sick of this Evans/Jones thing, everytime they go to fight one gets injured. Just wish theyd either fight or shut up.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rashad Evans fights for a living i doubt the thought of a title fight scares him. He didn't look scared why should he its his job! He is a great powerful wrestler who has competed at heavyweight he can deal with big guys he can get them down and thats what would happen with Jones. Not to mention his stand up looked crazy against Tito he was mixing it up with everything. Without a doubt he is the only guy in the division who could beat Jones.

Scared my arse.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Rashad Evans fights for a living i doubt the thought of a title fight scares him. He didn't look scared why should he its his job! He is a great powerful wrestler who has competed at heavyweight he can deal with big guys he can get them down and thats what would happen with Jones. Not to mention his stand up looked crazy against Tito he was mixing it up with everything. Without a doubt he is the only guy in the division who could beat Jones.

Scared my arse.
    Rashad is a good fighter but I think his standup looked good B/C of how bad Tito's is. I remember Rashad attempting to strike with Rampage for the first round before he decided to go straight wrestling. I'd be very surprised if he made it outside of round three against Jones.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post

Scared my arse.
    Rashad is a good fighter but I think his standup looked good B/C of how bad Tito's is. I remember Rashad attempting to strike with Rampage for the first round before he decided to go straight wrestling. I'd be very surprised if he made it outside of round three against Jones.
    Not with his wrestling i think if he could get Jones down he could win that fight. We haven't seen Jones on his back really and i think its a place he wouldn't like to be.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jones takes a boring decision over Machida. If he'd smart (and I believe he is) he'll keep his distance with low, infrequent leg kicks and try to counter Machida's strikes. Machida has a sumo and judo background, I don't think Jones will try to clinch with him, Machida has great defense from the clinch sneaky good trips. Tough matchup for both men, and unless Jones loses his patience, I think it's his fight to lose.

I think Rashad, on the other hand, puts Jones on his prissy little ass and pounds a hole in hid head.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think Jones takes a boring decision over Machida. If he'd smart (and I believe he is) he'll keep his distance with low, infrequent leg kicks and try to counter Machida's strikes. Machida has a sumo and judo background, I don't think Jones will try to clinch with him, Machida has great defense from the clinch sneaky good trips. Tough matchup for both men, and unless Jones loses his patience, I think it's his fight to lose.

I think Rashad, on the other hand, puts Jones on his prissy little ass and pounds a hole in hid head.
    I dont know, I dont think Jones would have any trouble with machida in the clinch. He has such a good posture in the clinch, and he's so powerful, keeping Machida against the cage shouldnt be a problem. Throw in the mix his throw's and takedowns, then for me Machida needs to keep the distance. Check out Jones v Bonner, he threw Bonner round like a rag doll, some crazy judo throws!
    Jones 4th rd sub of TKO in my book.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scared my arse.
    Not with his wrestling i think if he could get Jones down he could win that fight. We haven't seen Jones on his back really and i think its a place he wouldn't like to be.
    Reason ya havent seen him on his back is cos he is that good with his wrestling, to powerful for most! Plus ya have to get close to him to take him down, his reach is far superior to anyone in the division which allows him to dictate the distance and where the fight takes place in most cases.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Scared my arse.
    Reason ya havent seen him on his back is cos he is that good with his wrestling, to powerful for most! Plus ya have to get close to him to take him down, his reach is far superior to anyone in the division which allows him to dictate the distance and where the fight takes place in most cases.
    He just hasn't fought an elite mma fighter with top tier wrestling thats why.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scared my arse.
    Current Top 10 LHW as compiled by MMA Weekly

1. Jon Jones
    2. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
    3. Rashad Evans
    4. Quinton Jackson
    5. Lyoto Machida
    6. Dan Henderson
    7. Phil Davis
    8. Gegard Mousasi
    9. Alexander Gustafsson
    10. Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal

Phil Davis Dan Henderson & Rashad only possible one's with the wrestling to trouble him, but for me he beats all 3

Also it's abit strange not to class Jones as a top tier wrestler considering his background and where he started, his greco roman wrestling can only be matched by Randy in terms of execution imo.
    Last edited by Mattyhitman; 10-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scared my arse.

1. Jon Jones
    2. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
    3. Rashad Evans
    4. Quinton Jackson
    5. Lyoto Machida
    6. Dan Henderson
    7. Phil Davis
    8. Gegard Mousasi
    9. Alexander Gustafsson

Phil Davis Dan Henderson & Rashad only possible one's with the wrestling to trouble him, but for me he beats all 3

Also it's abit strange not to class Jones as a top tier wrestler considering his background and where he started, his greco roman wrestling can only be matched by Randy in terms of execution imo.
    I never said anything about his wrestling i know he is a good wrestler but i believe Rashad is better at wrestling and would be able to take him down and control him.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scared my arse.

1. Jon Jones
    2. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
    3. Rashad Evans
    4. Quinton Jackson
    5. Lyoto Machida
    6. Dan Henderson
    7. Phil Davis
    8. Gegard Mousasi
    9. Alexander Gustafsson

I never said anything about his wrestling i know he is a good wrestler but i believe Rashad is better at wrestling and would be able to take him down and control him.
    Fair enough, just cannot see Rashad taking him down or getting close enough to take him down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Machida got this.

Thread Information