Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones Jr to return on Dec.10 against Max Alexander at CW

Jones wont have a problem here, these are exactly the sort of fights he should be having at this stage, if he is to go on. A chance for the fans to see a showcase of a legend. He will dazzle and shoeshine his way to a shutout type victory against opposition such as this. He can still hang with world class opposition for the most part remember, opponents like this dont stand a chance.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones needs to retire ASAP.

He's gonna get himself hurt at this rate.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Jones wont have a problem here, these are exactly the sort of fights he should be having at this stage, if he is to go on. A chance for the fans to see a showcase of a legend. He will dazzle and shoeshine his way to a shutout type victory against opposition such as this. He can still hang with world class opposition for the most part remember, opponents like this dont stand a chance.
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree that he can still hang with world class opposition, his recent bouts even to some of the gatekeepers around the world class level have proven mighty difficult nights for him. He should have enough to see this guy away, its just that he's going up the weights, and the punches from the biggest hitters at CW are much harder and much more damaging than those down at middleweight.

Some fighters like B Hop can stay competitive and keep on, but for someone like RJJ who fought on his reflexes, losing those leaves him much more vulnerable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree that he can still hang with world class opposition, his recent bouts even to some of the gatekeepers around the world class level have proven mighty difficult nights for him. He should have enough to see this guy away, its just that he's going up the weights, and the punches from the biggest hitters at CW are much harder and much more damaging than those down at middleweight.

Some fighters like B Hop can stay competitive and keep on, but for someone like RJJ who fought on his reflexes, losing those leaves him much more vulnerable.
    I did say for the most part haha. I was alluding to the fact that apart from literally the last 10 seconds of the fight against Lebedev he did ok. And the fight before that took BHop the distance winning some rounds along the way. Both of them are world class and he hung with them. But there is the Danny Green case so I see your point. The point I was trying to make was that if he can compete with those sorts then he wont have problems with fighters such as this one hes fighting next. Nor will he against world level journeymen types like Omar Sheika.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Thread Information