Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which country produces the best sausages?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which country produces the best sausages?

I would argue that though the UK is an abortion of a country these days, they have throughout history through to the present produced the best sausages in the world.

So, my topic of the day is which country produces the best sausages?

I would throw a wide variety of food items into the mix, but at the moment I have sausages on the brain. I love a good sausage, though only the mashed up animal kind. Obviously.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which country produces the best sausages?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    i would argue that though the uk is an abortion of a country these days, they have throughout history through to the present produced the best sausages in the world.

I would throw a wide variety of food items into the mix, but at the moment i have sausages on the brain. i love a good sausage, though only the mashed up animal kind. Obviously.
    :d

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    i would argue that though the uk is an abortion of a country these days, they have throughout history through to the present produced the best sausages in the world.

I would throw a wide variety of food items into the mix, but at the moment i have sausages on the brain. i love a good sausage, though only the mashed up animal kind. Obviously.
    :d

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's another great thing regarding the sausage. It does bear a certain similarity with the shape of a penis. Now a rasher of bacon is fantastic, but you very rarely see bacon in phallic form. Indeed, this is quite possibly another virtue of the sausage.

I had 6 of them for my lunch as I am too lazy to cook anything else and I have to say that they were fantastic. A perfect blend of pork and herbs and wrapped in that lovely crispy casing. Sausages were made for the George Foreman grill and in turn my belly.

Now I have tried other types of sausage, but they have never matched up to the finer British sausages. German ones are edible, but I don't really understand their popularity. Hot dog sausages are just the worst, they are dried out and taste like rubber. Pretty inedible without a good lacing of ketchup. The sausages I have tried from the supermarkets here are quite awful and send a shiver up my spine.

In conclusion, I have to say that my Scottish butcher up in Seoul is a saint upon this dear earth and I shall continue to consume his sausages with eternal pride. The sausages are quite well known and he even caters to the embassy on their gatherings. They are far too expensive, but that's the price you pay for living a life of obscurity. One must pay for the finer things in life and good sausages are mighty fine. Take your smart phones and shove them because I prefer sausages.

I hope others will post with the same kind of passion that this topic instills within me.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles mad for sausage.........Im stunned

Hotdog sausages are alright but its got to be a big un, in a sub, with lashings of onion, french's mustard and ketchup.

I like going to the farmers markets and picking up sausages. All the flavours you can think of and not made out of face, arsehole or toenails.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uk, Yorkshire. Fact

My old man is a sausage connoisseur of 71 years and drives 30-40 miles to his favourite butcher in Northallerton for his sausages (and pork pies). I drive to my old mans and get them off him - much easier.

I have never had decent sausage abroad - fact. The worst was South Africa. Utter shite, and Finland a close second - pathetic.

And Lincolnshire sausage is awful - another fact
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are we talking pork sausages or beef sausages?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Uk, Yorkshire. Fact

My old man is a sausage connoisseur of 71 years and drives 30-40 miles to his favourite butcher in Northallerton for his sausages (and pork pies). I drive to my old mans and get them off him - much easier.

I have never had decent sausage abroad - fact. The worst was South Africa. Utter shite, and Finland a close second - pathetic.

And Lincolnshire sausage is awful - another fact
    Which butcher is it, Northallerton is only down the road from me?

Best I have had was when I went to visit my ex's partners parents in Beaminster, the local butcher produced this sausage called funnily enough the Beaminster Banger, had all sorts in it, paprika, mustard herbs and spices, very tasty banger that I have yet to find a better one!

Had some good one's in Spain they love thier sausages over there, really good chorizo style one's with plenty of kick!
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not sure but its on the high street - might be Thompsons or something like that ?!?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, you can't beat a proper butchers sausages. Some of the mass produced stuff can be a bit rank, but a local butcher who knows his casings and blends of herbs can be exceptional. Sausages sometimes get a bad rep, but a well done sausage is a truly splendid thing.

Driving 40 miles for a sausage is seriously hardcore. That's real dedication. I admire that kind of tenacity.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Are we talking pork sausages or beef sausages?
    I love beef, but on the whole have a preference for pork sausages. So, in my own case I am arguing the case for pork sausages.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I usually make my own link and breakfast sausage. Pretty good most of the time. Occasionaly my FIL and I change up the recipe and get a less than perfect batch.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That shop looks fantastic. Nothing better than something like that IMO.

A good local butcher is the only thing I really miss from UK life. The Seoul guy specializes in sausages so that's all I get from him, but I really wish that he offered other types of meats and cuts of meats, but there is seemingly little demand for high quality meat judging by the poor offerings I see in the supermarket.

I was in the middle of the countryside a few weeks ago and lo and behold I came across the most wonderful looking cut of sirloin I have seen in my entire time here. I was so excited by it that I bought several kilo's, got it put in ice and then drove 200km home. Tastes perfect with simple salt and pepper and cooked in a little butter. That's my once a fortnight treat as I don't want to have a heart attack.

I really miss all those other cuts like pork chops or even any cut of lamb with a little mint sauce. Lamb isn't sold out here as it is considered smelly. But that mystifies me as dog soup restaurants abound and that isn't a particularly pleasant smell. Gammon, I haven't had that since goodness knows when. And pies are wonderful too.

Those sausages look good and you can't argue with 6 pounds odd a kilo, brilliant value in fact. My sausages are almost a luxury item. I get 12 chipolatas for about 7 pounds fifty. Too expensive, but most shocking is that a minced beef and onion pie will set you back about 6 quid! Obviously a niche market for hungry expats here. I should learn to make sausages, it can't be that hard.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep know where that one is, passed it many a time on the high street, the place is always packed out when ya walk past !
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't eat saugages or bacon, or any cooked red meat for that matter.

I do enjoy slices of ham and beef in sandwhiches but I've never cooked a leg of lamb or side of beef in my life.

More of a fish and chicken man.

Thread Information