Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo Alvarez - Kermit Cintron

I don't know if there is a these on this yet but they are fighting on 28th November in Mexico. I think on paper this is Alvarez' hardest fights but recent Cintron performances suggest he's not as good as he use to be. Cintron is in with such a tough fighter against Alvarez.

Alvarez might not have had the best fight against Gomez but IMO Alvarez could have got him out of there at any time. He didnt even look like he was fully trying and when he did up the pace Gomez was clearly not in his league.

I'm glad Alvarez is keeping busy and this will be a good name on his record. I think Cintron will test Alvarez but I see Alvarez stopping him late or winning a wide points decision. As long as Cintron isn't diving through the ropes he's shown us in the past he's a good fighter. Maybe he needs someone of Alaves' quality to get the best out of him...we will see.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez - Kermit Cintron

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I don't know if there is a these on this yet but they are fighting on 28th November in Mexico. I think on paper this is Alvarez' hardest fights but recent Cintron performances suggest he's not as good as he use to be. Cintron is in with such a tough fighter against Alvarez.

Alvarez might not have had the best fight against Gomez but IMO Alvarez could have got him out of there at any time. He didnt even look like he was fully trying and when he did up the pace Gomez was clearly not in his league.

I'm glad Alvarez is keeping busy and this will be a good name on his record. I think Cintron will test Alvarez but I see Alvarez stopping him late or winning a wide points decision. As long as Cintron isn't diving through the ropes he's shown us in the past he's a good fighter. Maybe he needs someone of Alaves' quality to get the best out of him...we will see.
    Some people are upset that Cintron is getting another title shot when his recent performances have been lackluster. I'm not one of them. I agree, Tam Seddon, this will be Alvarez's toughest test by far. If the Cintron that fought Angulo and Williams (pre-dive) shows up, Alvarez is in for a tough night. Alvarez's team is hoping they are catching Cintron on the slide and it will be the Cintron that showed up against Carlos Molina. They may be correct. Good fight on paper.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Would have liked to see Molina get an opportunity, but the risk is too high I guess
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

154 division is hot right now. Only is Martinez come back down and stay down. It's not money fights at 160. The what ifs (who win), in this fight, and who's next will be interesting come Sunday.

Cintron wins . . .
    Vs Williams part 2
    vs Martinez part 2
    vs Cotto (a fight that should have happen a long time ago)
    vs Margarito (if Margarito win - part 3)
    vs Molina part 2
    Alvarez wins . . .
    vs K9
    vs Cotto
    vs Martinez
    vs the winner of Kirkland vs Angulo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude that just beat cintron should be the one in this fight. This sport is a damn trip. It's like the packers winning the nfc title yet the last place rams still play the colts in the super bowl. But cintron is funny and i can't wait to see what kind of retarded silly shit this guy does this time.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo smokes "cryin" Kermit within 6 rounds, i'm one of those that doesn't believe Cintron deserves or is good enough to get another title shot, but i'll be watching the fight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cintron comes into the fight fit, mentally, he can win. It all depends on him.. The Cintron of old would beat Canelo, i have no doubt about that, but today is different obviously.

I dont know if I mentioned this on another thread but we shouldnt judge Cintron off his last two fights..
    Antwon Smith and Molina pressured him all night which is kermit's kryptonite.. Pressure.. Cintron is a rangey fighter yet those two guys were up in his face, smothering him , and not allowing him to get full extention on his punches. That's why he wasn't able to showoff his power. He seemed so weak in there but that was the main reason..

Canelo doesn't have that style though. He's an outside-midrange fighter just like Cintron and he's not going to put on that kind of pressure. He will not fight upclose. Instead he'll stay within Kermit's range and that's just perfect..

Kermit has a very good chance and depending on the odd, I might put a little something on him.....

I know one thing.. Canelo isn't gonna knock him out in no 6 rounds.. lol that's crazy talk.. Canelo isn't margarito.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to pick Cintron in this one, but based off his last two performances it is hard to do so.

He's gonna have to turn back the clock a bit if he is to beat Alvarez.

God knows he has all the talent and boxing ability to do it.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I want to pick Cintron in this one, but based off his last two performances it is hard to do so.

He's gonna have to turn back the clock a bit if he is to beat Alvarez.

God knows he has all the talent and boxing ability to do it.
    yup.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope for Alvarez that a quality Cintron shows up and really does test him. I think it's about time Alvarez is really pushed in a fight and made to work hard for a win. If Cintron of past shows up and really has a good effort at Alvarez and if Alvarez can handle him I think that would be such a good win for him.

I think experience wise beating a fighter who has proved he has the potential to be a world class fighter would be great for Alvarez' resume. But if a poor Cintron turns up, I don't see much other than a win over a faded champion. It's a big ask for Cintron to go to Mexico and to defeat their wonderboy. Let's hope he can keep his composure and make a good fight for Alvarez.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

I know one thing.. Canelo isn't gonna knock him out in no 6 rounds.. lol that's crazy talk.. Canelo isn't margarito.
    Cintron is shot, Canelo will hand him his ass in 6 rounds or less.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Sig bet? I bet u that it goes past 6....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sig bet? I bet u that it goes past 6
    Wow, that's really a brave bet Finito. Why not a sig bet on Kermit to win, that would show you had some cojones. I mean shit homie, you're from the mean streets of LA, act like you've got a pair.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sig bet? I bet u that it goes past 6
    Wow, that's really a brave bet Finito. Why not a sig bet on Kermit to win, that would show you had some cojones. I mean shit homie, you're from the mean streets of LA, act like you've got a pair.
    Read the whole thread.. Did I ever say that Cintron WILL win?? I said that he CAN win depending on his mental state..

You on the other hand.. You sound so sure that Canelo will knock him out in 6... u sound very sure of it so im saying.... Ill bet you that it goes past 6...

You can't back up your words huh ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Saul but his resume is not that good neither. People talk about Cintron last 2 fights. What about Alvarez last 5 fights?

5.Yes he knocked out Baldimor. But Tata was slow, old and shot. Had a good chin but no chance!!!
    4.He UD a small Ndou.
    3.Young Hatton didn't have a chance but really gave him a fight. Greatness would have got the KO. Saul got the UD
    2.Rhodes. Hand picked with no chance. Went to the 12th. Not a quality win
    1.Gomez was in the fight if not winning before the quick stoppage.

I think Cintron wins this fight by TKO
    BET IT!

Thread Information