Thread: "El Perro" Angulo vs. James Kirkland - Saturday "Fight Thread"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland will get the winner of Cotto vs Margarito or don't be suprised if Dibella knocks on GBP door to try and make a Martinez vs Kirkland fight at Middle. Martinez seems to have no real American names he ca fight and Kirkland might be the most lucrative. Daniel Jacobs seems stuck on the Tarmac. Jermain Taylor is shot and Arthur Abraham has been on the slide himself even though he is trying to slim back to Middle

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "El Perro" Angulo vs. James Kirkland - Saturday "Fight Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Kirkland will get the winner of Cotto vs Margarito or don't be suprised if Dibella knocks on GBP door to try and make a Martinez vs Kirkland fight at Middle. Martinez seems to have no real American names he ca fight and Kirkland might be the most lucrative. Daniel Jacobs seems stuck on the Tarmac. Jermain Taylor is shot and Arthur Abraham has been on the slide himself even though he is trying to slim back to Middle
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Kirkland could potentially give Cotto all kinds of trouble.

As long as Margarito still has his beard he would savage Kirkland.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Kirkland could potentially give Cotto all kinds of trouble.

I doubt we see Cotto or Margarito in against Kirkland or Martinez anytime soon unless it is a cash-out fight for the loser of their fight in December.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a terrific fight that was early man. Shit me. I was sweating just watching that first round. I even had workmates who don't like boxing tuned in this morning in the office watching a replay. Despite Angulo blowing out, I'd say Kirkland was much quicker than they expected too. Angulo looked stuck in mud.

I'd be happy to see a rematch man. Coulda been a different fight altogether if Angulo takes his time. I'm pretty sure he was expecting to smash Kirkland to pieces. As I thought he would do. Probably even GoldenBoy were thinking that too. Bet the bigwigs at GBP were gutted this morning.

Decent chance that Angulo never gets over that fight i guess. He took a serious beating in the end.

Anyone for a rematch?? Ha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good fight, a struggle for Angulo right after he blew his bolt. His punching power was savagely stifled by a man with something to prove. Whether it was plunger or luck, Mr. Kirkland gave it his all and his training kept him alive in the first round where the fight was actually won. Mr Angulo needs a long vacation and another trip back to the drawing board. He has real heart and a chin to match but he took a great deal of punishment. You can have all the great tools but if you don't use them which he didn't like simply holding on and not punching himself out so early makes one question what he does at night after a gym workout. It makes you ask, what's wrong with this picture or say that Kirkland is not only back but for real. He definitely is closer to the top of the hill. For Mr. Angulo, I hope he wasn't hurt too bad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome fight. Congrats to Kirkland, I wrote him off but he proved me wrong & he did it in style! Doubt Alvarez goes anywhere near. Wouldn't mind return or Cotto/ Margo winner, Trout, Williams or Lara. Kirkland has many options
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: "El Perro" Angulo vs. James Kirkland - Saturday "Fight Thread"

I agree, James would be a handful for Cotto - I'm not sure his people want to put Cotto in there with that monster. James might have a questionable chin but we know he can punch & @ this stage in his career, Cotto will probably try & avoid that hungry young lion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor View Post

I agree, James would be a handful for Cotto - I'm not sure his people want to put Cotto in there with that monster. James might have a questionable chin but we know he can punch & @ this stage in his career, Cotto will probably try & avoid that hungry young lion.
    In this last fight James didn't show to have the best stamina out there. His chin and stamina has been exposed. I can see Miguel doing a better job than Perro. At least he has shown to have a better chin and stamina.
    Last edited by Chino; 11-09-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information