Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "El Perro" Angulo vs. James Kirkland - Saturday on HBO BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I'm with most of you guys, I can't see Kirkland outlasting Angulo.

Like CFH said if he can tag him early he's got a chance but I just think Angulo will soak up the damage better, whereas I see Kirkland succumbing
    I think it depends on which Kirkland shows up, if he fights like he did before he went to prison, he's got a shot at winning. Kirkland at this point, is a bit of a mystery.

As for Johnson, with a few exceptions during his career, it seems like he always comes up just short in championship fights. Like someone said, Bute's issues in the Andres fight, weren't per-say his chin, it was more about stamina, he ran out of gas. The chances of Glenn landing some huge haymaker, and ending the fight are pretty slim as are him winning a decision in Quebec City.
    I agree about Kirkland being a mystery at this stage, he was always hitable but he just seemed to walk through everything prior to his visit to the big house. He wasn't even hit by huge shots when he got taken out imo.

Question: whats the better result for the game? A Kirkland revival or Angulo's
    Angulo. After watching him get blasted out of the ring in one round I have no faith in Kirkland.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I'm excited for this one.

Hard not to pick Angulo, but I'll be rooting for Kirkland to pull it out somehow.

Also, I think Johnson can beat Bute, who doesn't have the best chin.
    Hulk also may be pointing to the fact that Bute was KO'd by Gennady Govotkin in the amateurs. His chin isn't world class, but it's not horrible from what I've seen. As Galaxy mentioned, he took shots from Bika pretty well and Bika can punch.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland's aura of invincibility was destroyed by Ishida. The question is whether Ishida's KO was due to Kirkland's lack of defense and poor chin or because he didn't have the game plan and wasn't as prepared as he had been when he was trained by Wolfe? It seems to be a strange fight for Kirkland to take given that Angulo's a puncher and Kirkland was KO'd recently. Maybe Kirkland follows the blueprint laid out by Cintron and boxes Angulo to a decision?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like CFH said if he can tag him early he's got a chance but I just think Angulo will soak up the damage better, whereas I see Kirkland succumbing
    I think it depends on which Kirkland shows up, if he fights like he did before he went to prison, he's got a shot at winning. Kirkland at this point, is a bit of a mystery.

As for Johnson, with a few exceptions during his career, it seems like he always comes up just short in championship fights. Like someone said, Bute's issues in the Andres fight, weren't per-say his chin, it was more about stamina, he ran out of gas. The chances of Glenn landing some huge haymaker, and ending the fight are pretty slim as are him winning a decision in Quebec City.
    I agree about Kirkland being a mystery at this stage, he was always hitable but he just seemed to walk through everything prior to his visit to the big house. He wasn't even hit by huge shots when he got taken out imo.

Good question, both pugs have had run-ins with Law Enforcement, Kirklands being more severe, I reckon it just depends on who ya like best. In my case that's Angulo, he's the more colorful of the 2 fighters, got that Dog and collar thing going on.
    You kinky bastard...
    Coming from a guy who uses "Nature Boy" Rick Flair as his avatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Angulo win so we can have a good opponent for Martinez is Pacman is playing weight game with him. For Kirkland will have no chance against Martinez.

oh

Glen will WIN!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    I hope Angulo win so we can have a good opponent for Martinez is Pacman is playing weight game with him. For Kirkland will have no chance against Martinez.

oh

Glen will WIN!!!
    If he gets by Kirkland, I'd love to see Angulo fight Chavez Jr next in Mexico City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least on paper, this the type of fight that is supposed to be on BAD. 2 good, but not top-level, young fighters with exciting styles.

And if it's an entertaining and competitive fight, even the loser will be in line for another BAD fight down the line.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question, both pugs have had run-ins with Law Enforcement, Kirklands being more severe, I reckon it just depends on who ya like best. In my case that's Angulo, he's the more colorful of the 2 fighters, got that Dog and collar thing going on.
    You kinky bastard...
    Coming from a guy who uses "Nature Boy" Rick Flair as his avatar.
    Watch it. "Your gonna find out hoppin on is a lot easier than hoppin off ! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!"

And to respond to another poster, no I was not referring to Bute being KO'd in the amatuers, I am not that good of a boxing nerd to have known that.

I was just alluding to the Andrade Bute first bout.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

I think Kirkland beats Angulo just because Angulo's hands are too slow. Sure he's durable, but #1 he's not hard to find and #2 Defense can be improved in training.

Johnson will get out pointed though I'd love for him to KO Bute.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think Kirkland beats Angulo just because Angulo's hands are too slow. Sure he's durable, but #1 he's not hard to find and #2 Defense can be improved in training.

I think I've said this about every fight Johnson has had since he dropped to 168, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got stopped. At some point age and weight-drain are going to take their toll.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I think I've said this about every fight Johnson has had since he dropped to 168, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got stopped. At some point age and weight-drain are going to take their toll.

I was surprised when Bute came back to stop Andrade in the rematch, I had thought Andrade was damn near impossible for Bute to KO, very impressive.

So it wouldn't be out of the question to see Bute stop Johnson, even though Glenn has only been stopped once during his career, by B-Hop @ middleweight back in 1997. Having said that, I believe Glenn will go the distance, and Bute will win a rather boring UD.

Would I like to see Johnson KO Bute?, why hell yes.

El Kabong Guest

oh

Glen will WIN!!!
    If he gets by Kirkland, I'd love to see Angulo fight Chavez Jr next in Mexico City.
    Isn't Jr a bit big for Angulo? 168 vs 154, that's a bit much. Now Canelo vs Angulo, that's a must!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh

Glen will WIN!!!
    Isn't Jr a bit big for Angulo? 168 vs 154, that's a bit much. Now Canelo vs Angulo, that's a must!
    I keep thinking Jr. is still at 154, I reckon Angulo could move up in weight and fight for Jr's WBC middleweight trinket, but I agree a fight with Alvarez would be killer, and needs to happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh

Glen will WIN!!!
    I keep thinking Jr. is still at 154, I reckon Angulo could move up in weight and fight for Jr's WBC middleweight trinket, but I agree a fight with Alvarez would be killer, and needs to happen.
    I'd love to see the winner of Angulo/ Kirkland face Alvarez!

Johnson definitely goes the distance imo
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Kirkland against the Japanese guy tonight and then against Julio, it was weird. Not that I rated him highly to begin with, but Julio did land some big shots on him and he took them alright and kept coming. He went on to display the punch resistance of a 12 year old girl in his first fight out of prison, I'd forgotten how feeble he looked. I wonder if something happened to him in jail Hard to give him even a prayer against Angulo unless he had major problems with weight drain or something. I don't buy that not training the way he used to could possibly sap his chin like that.

Thread Information