Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punch power - Helenius punch harder than Mike Tyson in his prime?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Punch power - Helenius punch harder than Mike Tyson in his prime?

According to Helsingin Sanomat (Helsinki News) using information of the Sauerland Team test machine, Robert Helenius has punching power better than e.g Mike Tyson ever had.

Personally i don't trust much these "tests". On the other hand can we be sure that Tyson really punched harder than best punchers of our time? Comparing almost any sports we know that old world records have been crushed by new generation stars. Why would professional boxing make exception?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Punch power - Helenius punch harder than Mike Tyson in his prime?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

punching a test machine is a bit different than timing and accuracy in the ring

if its true tho it aint such a bad feather
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tysons punch power was never tested.

Unless you count Larry Holmes chin as a good indicator

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Results speak for itself, and by that i mean results in the ring, guys like Tyson and Foreman knocked out gritty top guys in the HW division with their explosive power, guys who were well established and known for having good beards and usually would do it with one punch

Who has Helenius beat (apart from maybe a shot Peter) to give any indication that he hits harder than Tyson or Foreman?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe hits harder than Holyfield, Haye and Froch according to one of those punch machines.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they are accurate tho fenster, I have the hardest punch in benidorm using one of them punch bag machines

in a pub in the middle of benidorm with loads of fellas having a go at this punch bag machine, all taking massive run ups and that

i stood in front of it and put my fist right through it with an overhand right, feet planted to the grown with a twist of the hips I beat the top score by a considerable margin

now im not bragging or anything im just saying that they must be pretty accurate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You da man eric, you da man!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i belted a punch bag machine outside of a baseball batting cage in the middle of last winter on a freezing night and belted it a 127. the history on there going back to 2002 had a high score of 131, and 2nd high score of 129 and then mine at 127. this from a total of 1,330 plays.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not taking one side or the other on simple PSI but just the momentum of a taller, longer, heavier fighter would lead one to believe he could hit harder. That said Tyson's power came as much from speed and timing as anything else.

I guess you could look at MLB pitchers and argue about who throws the hardest and both guys regardless of size could throw the same speed for example the 300+ pound CC Sabbathia and the pint sized Tim Lincicum probably throw the same speed. All a matter of mechanics.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    they are accurate tho fenster, I have the hardest punch in benidorm using one of them punch bag machines

in a pub in the middle of benidorm with loads of fellas having a go at this punch bag machine, all taking massive run ups and that

i stood in front of it and put my fist right through it with an overhand right, feet planted to the grown with a twist of the hips I beat the top score by a considerable margin

now im not bragging or anything im just saying that they must be pretty accurate

That always makes me laugh!

Can you imagine a power punching tournament between fighteres like Tyson, Shavers, Foreman, Lewis and Frazier.

Now can you imagine any one of them taking a run up?

Fuck me if someone needs the extra momentum of moving at about 15 miles an hour ( which you lose anyway because you stop to punch otherwise youd run straight in to the machine itself only a foot directly behind the target!) to aid their punching theyd better give up any hope of winning a fight.

Theyre arguing in the street and come out with "right thats it! Wait there!" they then walk about 20 feet away and come running towards theyre intended opponent arms flailing only for their opponent to foil them by taking a cunning step to the side.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Can you imagine a power punching tournament between fighteres like Tyson, Shavers, Foreman, Lewis and Frazier.

Fuck me if someone needs the extra momentum of moving at about 15 miles an hour ( which you lose anyway because you stop to punch otherwise youd run straight in to the machine itself only a foot directly behind the target!) to aid their punching theyd better give up any hope of winning a fight.

Theyre arguing in the street and come out with "right thats it! Wait there!" they then walk about 20 feet away and come running towards theyre intended opponent arms flailing only for their opponent to foil them by taking a cunning step to the side.
    Agreed, those video games at the bar do make for some entertaining viewing. People marvel at how much power I can generate with "such a compact motion"....well that's the way punches are supposed to be thrown! Just goes to further prove that MMA fans and your average "Billy Bad Ass" at the bar know fuck all about boxing.

Joe Louis comes to mind as probably the most fluid, and nonchalant power punchers of all time, probably only surpassed by Old George Foreman. Louis was great on keeping distance and timing his punches. Superb puncher to watch.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You da man eric, you da man!!!
    all the women thought so too

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Agreed, those video games at the bar do make for some entertaining viewing. People marvel at how much power I can generate with "such a compact motion"....well that's the way punches are supposed to be thrown! Just goes to further prove that MMA fans and your average "Billy Bad Ass" at the bar know fuck all about boxing.

Joe Louis comes to mind as probably the most fluid, and nonchalant power punchers of all time, probably only surpassed by Old George Foreman. Louis was great on keeping distance and timing his punches. Superb puncher to watch.
    sounds like i have a worthy challenger to my title of hardest punch in benidorm.

we should arrange a saddo weekend there, when can you make it?

El Kabong Guest

When can I make it where? To my local bar?

I'd love to have a friendly competition over a few pitchers.

Thread Information