Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With a victory over Pac, does Marquez become the greatest Mexican fighter of all time

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default With a victory over Pac, does Marquez become the greatest Mexican fighter of all time

Does he take Chavez' throne?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would certainly be the greatest single victory ever by a Mexican fighter.

I think it would also put him in the discussion for best Mexican fighter. I know Chavez had the 87-0 record, but the only time he faced an opponent of Pacquiao's quality was when he faced Pernell, and he was clearly beaten in that fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: With a victory over Pac, does Marquez become the greatest Mexican fighter of all

As much as I love other Mexican fighters, you couldn't really argue against defeating Pac at 38.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: With a victory over Pac, does Marquez become the greatest Mexican fighter of all

It would be a gigantic win. But by itself given what else he has done and what Chavez and Sanchez and Olivares and Zarate etc have done? it isn't enough.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    It would be a gigantic win. But by itself given what else he has done and what Chavez and Sanchez and Olivares and Zarate etc have done? it isn't enough.
    Marquez has already surpassed Sanchez, Olivares and especially Zarate as far as im concerened. Zarate doesn't even belong in this debate actually..

With a W over Pacman, he would be the official ( REAL ) first 4 division Mexican Champ and that itself is a bigger accomplishment than anything Sanchez and Olivares has done..

IF he wins this saturday, he becomes the greatest Mexican to ever lace em up..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep meaning to type a reply, but then I look at Finito's avatar and my train of thought mysteriously derails. Must be some kind of voodoo curse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I keep meaning to type a reply, but then I look at Finito's avatar and my train of thought mysteriously derails. Must be some kind of voodoo curse.
    I am going to comment too but that avatar distracts me. I don't know why Finito has to expose his chest like that.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still go with JCC for myself, like the chest shot bud,

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I am going to comment too but that avatar distracts me. I don't know why Finito has to expose his chest like that.
    When you got it, flaunt it. He probably paid a good money for those implants.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see this as a pointless thread as JMM is never going to beat Pac

Only reason Im posting on this thread is to talk about your implants. How much did the cost? My mate's lass got some the other week for £4k.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Marquez has already surpassed Sanchez, Olivares and especially Zarate as far as im concerened. Zarate doesn't even belong in this debate actually..

With a W over Pacman, he would be the official ( REAL ) first 4 division Mexican Champ and that itself is a bigger accomplishment than anything Sanchez and Olivares has done..

IF he wins this saturday, he becomes the greatest Mexican to ever lace em up..
    IMO JMM still hasn't surpassed Sancez, seeing how at what was it? Only 23 yrs of age he already had wins over HOF'ers such as Gomez, Nelson, "Little Red" Lopez, and also good wins over the likes of Kotei and Laporte, and it's no diss to JMM cause he's an outstanding resume yet officially the only wins over a HOF'er on his record is Barrera and followed by plenty of good fighters.

In terms of skill I'd say he was already up there long ago, especially in his displays against Pacquiao (two fights that should be wins), but for me Barrera, Morales, and Marquez will forever be locked in a 3 way tie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be hard to argue with
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im glad you guys like my boobs but guess what.. it's all naturaaal, baby, i shit you not..

I really hope Marquez pulls through.. he's the last boxer who I'd underestimate..

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One big victory does not make you the greatest fighter. JMM is an amzing fighter just feel he is and always will be unfairly in the shadow of MAB and Eric Morales. JCC superstar is my all time favorite and no one surpasses him but I did not see the Mexican fighters pre 1986.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Im glad you guys like my boobs but guess what.. it's all naturaaal, baby, i shit you not..

I really hope Marquez pulls through.. he's the last boxer who I'd underestimate..
    Looking at your avatar I can tell you are a huge fan of strippers. That picture is making me lose my concentration.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information