Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luis Resto applies for a trainer's license. Yes, THAT Luis Resto.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Luis Resto applies for a trainer's license. Yes, THAT Luis Resto.

Luis Resto Plans To Apply For Second's License in NYC - Boxing News

I say license him. He has paid his debt to boxing and to society. Margarito did nearly the same thing and he's making millions. Resto is a poor, destitute, uneducated man who only knows boxing.

He deserves a second chance.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis Resto applies for a trainer's license. Yes, THAT Luis Resto.

Yes give it to him. Everyone deserves a second chance. Let the man do the only thing he knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure.. give him one.. why not? Top Rank left him for dead, broke and to never fight again but Top Rank will schmoooozz over a little here and there and make the whole NYSAC ordeal over an eye.. Margo should have been banned over plaster... but hey when your a super rich man named "Arum" you own boxing... proof is in Margo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shit Margarito only was banned for a year and has gotten two blockbuster fights back to back, if he "deserves" a license to fight, give Resto his license to train

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say yes, nearly 30 years is punishment enough.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad to see that there are so many sensible and compassionate boxing nerds on this forum.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It irritates me when people are so unforgiving, as if none us make mistakes..

Resto cheated and got punished for it... Time for another chance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should be allowed a license, he's had almost 30 years and he doesn't know anything apart from boxing. He seems like he regrets what happened in a documentary I watched a while back. Like some of you said before if Margarito is allowed to fight after just one year and make millions, then Resto should be allowed a trainers license after almost 30 years.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Resto absolutuly should get his licence back, and an immediate shot at floyd (after a fight or two he'd call him out like everyone else anyway ) Margo got a freakin title shot for cheating so this guy got ripped.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    shit Margarito only was banned for a year and has gotten two blockbuster fights back to back, if he "deserves" a license to fight, give Resto his license to train
    this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    lol at characterizing Resto-Collins as "everybody makes mistakes."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going against popular opinion here but here's my take on this.

I would separate the Margarito injustice with that of the case of Luis Resto. Not because something wrong was committed with regards to allowing Margarito to fight again, doesn't mean that fairness will be served by allowing Resto to get a trainer's license. The difference is that he DESTROYED A LIFE, the life of a promising boxer which led to his demise.

If it's up to me, I will have that license commission get a feedback from the Collins family. They are the victims here, not Resto. If they are alright in him getting a trainer's license, that means they have forgiven him and had put this incident behind them. Then he should be given that license. If they object, that means the pain is still there after all these years. Then he should not get that license. Resto is still alive and he can do any other jobs not related to boxing whereas the Collins family loss a loved one. At least give them the courtesy to find out how they feel about this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Resto cheated and got punished for it... Time for another chance.
    Let the Collins family have a say on the issue. If they are unforgiving, it's because they have the right to.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 11-24-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    I am going against popular opinion here but here's my take on this.

I would separate the Margarito injustice with that of the case of Luis Resto. Not because something wrong was committed with regards to allowing Margarito to fight again, doesn't mean that fairness will be served by allowing Resto to get a trainer's license. The difference is that he DESTROYED A LIFE, the life of a promising boxer which led to his demise.

If it's up to me, I will have that license commission get a feedback from the Collins family. They are the victims here, not Resto. If they are alright in him getting a trainer's license, that means they have forgiven him and had put this incident behind them. Then he should be given that license. If they object, that means the pain is still there after all these years. Then he should not get that license. Resto is still alive and he can do any other jobs not related to boxing whereas the Collins family loss a loved one. At least give them the courtesy to find out how they feel about this issue.
    Good point.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but Collins family's weigh-in wll only be a token gesture as the official ruling certainly could not rest on what THEY say. I say let them put their oopinion into it of curse, and let Resto make a statement to the boxing world about what he did and how officials can guard against that in the future. Perhaps he should be required to give a talk about what happens to young fighters who just go along with intimidating and/or crooked trainers like Panama. But I say let him have a license.

And let Pete Fucking Rose into the Hall of fame, will ya?!

Thread Information