Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phuck Margacheato!!! I hope Cotto punishes him, and I dont even like cotto...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Phuck Margacheato!!! I hope Cotto punishes him, and I dont even like cotto...

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I won't go into Trinidad-Hopkins 'cause it's been spoken over and over and over and over. Read El Terrible's good explanation of why there's nothing to compare here, or go back in time and read the hundreds of posts where it's well established that Trinidad did nothing wrong. It was a matter of gauze and taping technique, and it could've been a well-played ploy by the Hopkins camp to rattle Trinidad a bit before the fight.

On Margarito..... the guy's a total sleazebag, and so is his ex-trainer (Capetillo is it?). Has it been proven that he used the plaster against Cotto? No. Is it possible and maybe even likely that he did, given the extensive damage to Cotto's face? Yes it is.

So yeah.... there's going to be diehard Margarito fans who will cheer for the guy no matter what the hell he does. That's every individual's God-given right. But personally, I'd love nothing more than to see Cotto dismantle him piece by sleazy piece.
    Yeah boy, Margarito's finished & Cotto's gonna put the final nails in the coffin
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Phuck Margacheato!!! I hope Cotto punishes him, and I dont even like cotto...

I don't know why everyone talks so much crap about Casey Anthony, either. The criminal justice system cleared her.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Never been a fan of Cotto, but I hope Cotto beats Margacheatos ass!!!

Margacheato dont deserve to even be in a boxing match, let alone a big payday like this one. I hope karma has a say in this.....
    Enough with the nonsense already. The man has paid his debt to society. He served the punishment that was given to him. I see no reason why his right to earn a living in the country he was born be taken away
    What debt did he pay to "society"? Did he do time, work for a charity, do community service, or anything of merit towards society? And lets stop acting like his right to work was taken away. He was only suspended from "boxing" for a year.
    He served the punishment that was given to him. What more was he suppose to do? He didn't get to pick his punishment. It was given to him. And he served it. Case close

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LobowolfXXX View Post
    I don't know why everyone talks so much crap about Casey Anthony, either. The criminal justice system cleared her.
    I would bang the fuck out of her. She not a bad looking MILF. Well ex MILF

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margacheato dont deserve to even be in a boxing match, let alone a big payday like this one. I hope karma has a say in this.....
    Enough with the nonsense already. The man has paid his debt to society. He served the punishment that was given to him. I see no reason why his right to earn a living in the country he was born be taken away
    What debt did he pay to "society"? Did he do time, work for a charity, do community service, or anything of merit towards society? And lets stop acting like his right to work was taken away. He was only suspended from "boxing" for a year.
    He served the punishment that was given to him. What more was he suppose to do? He didn't get to pick his punishment. It was given to him. And he served it. Case close
    I'm surprised to see you VD supporting a punk bitch like Margarito! You say a lot of fun stuff & tell it how you see it but I never thought you'd stick up for such a disgrace.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he did serve his time because he didn't actual cheat in a fight he was charged with attempt. So i mean i not sure what the charge is for attempt but i am sure it is not a life time ban right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not supposed to "do" anything else, but accepting his slap on the wrist doesn't give him a clean slate in the court of public opinion. He's lost a lot of respect and a lot of fans (and a lot of his reputation) in the eyes of many, and he'll never, ever get it back. Watching and listening to him in the Kellerman interview, you can tell that he knows it, too. And he has nobody to blame but himself and/or Capetillo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking a year off of boxing isn't exactly paying a debt to society. So be real about this. Are you really saying that the punishment was just He essentially lost nothing. He actually gained from it because he got the biggest payday of his life. And his right to work was never taken. And to answer your question...how about actually admit he cheated and stop playing the victimized by my trainer card. C'mon man the guy stills says he did nothing wrong and has no remorse for the worst thing you can do in boxing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

I'm surprised to see you VD supporting a punk bitch like Margarito! You say a lot of fun stuff & tell it how you see it but I never thought you'd stick up for such a disgrace.
    I do tell it like I see it. And you know what I saw? I saw Cotto take 267 punches (237 of them power shots) from a much bigger man. Wraps were not needed to beat Cotto. 267 punches from a bigger, stronger fighter are gonna bust you up regardless. It amazes me how the Cotto groupies, the Margaito bashers and even Cotto himself always seem to ignore the fact that he took over 260 punches. And that just might be the reason he lost.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do tell it like I see it. And you know what I saw? I saw Cotto take 267 punches (237 of them power shots) from a much bigger man. Wraps were not needed to beat Cotto. 267 punches from a bigger, stronger fighter are gonna bust you up regardless. It amazes me how the Cotto groupies, the Margaito bashers and even Cotto himself always seem to ignore the fact that he took over 260 punches. And that just might be the reason he lost.
    I'm not a Cotto supporter & even bring their 1st fight into question. Margarito got caught with the wraps before the Mosley fight & thats all she wrote! He attempted to cheat in the worst way possible & is a disgrace to the sport imo

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a Cotto supporter & even bring their 1st fight into question. Margarito got caught with the wraps before the Mosley fight & thats all she wrote! He attempted to cheat in the worst way possible & is a disgrace to the sport imo
    You're one of the few people here who opinions I ponder over when it opposes mine. Maybe I'm wrong? Is it possible? At times the possibility is there. Not on this one. This one I understand. You been following the sport a long time. I consider you a boxing fan. As oppose to just a certain fighters fan. Which is why I acknowledge them. Take away the bias and hatred towards the suspect I don't understand why it's so hard to accept Margarito's story about not knowing. I can't recall if you ever mention having fought before or not. In my lifetime I participated 22 amateur fights. I been around several fighters while they got there hands wrapped. Many times I seen fighters with there heads down. Eyes close. Alone with there thoughts. Others I seen with ear phones on. Into whatever they are listening to. I seen one fighter praying with his minister as he got his hands wrapped. Point is none were paying attention to the wrapping. Until now very few did. Margarito saying he didn't know is very believable. And normal. Why his excuse is laugh at and dismiss so easily to this day stumps me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're one of the few people here who opinions I ponder over when it opposes mine. Maybe I'm wrong? Is it possible? At times the possibility is there. Not on this one. This one I understand. You been following the sport a long time. I consider you a boxing fan. As oppose to just a certain fighters fan. Which is why I acknowledge them. Take away the bias and hatred towards the suspect I don't understand why it's so hard to accept Margarito's story about not knowing. I can't recall if you ever mention having fought before or not. In my lifetime I participated 22 amateur fights. I been around several fighters while they got there hands wrapped. Many times I seen fighters with there heads down. Eyes close. Alone with there thoughts. Others I seen with ear phones on. Into whatever they are listening to. I seen one fighter praying with his minister as he got his hands wrapped. Point is none were paying attention to the wrapping. Until now very few did. Margarito saying he didn't know is very believable. And normal. Why his excuse is laugh at and dismiss so easily to this day stumps me
    The flip side, is, take away the bias that some people have for Margarito, and what's the basis for accepting his story? The entirety of the evidence for Margarito's not knowing is that he says so. Well, of course he says so. That evidence can pretty much be discounted out of hand, as he has a bias in professing his innocence. Guess what Luis Resto's story was? He didn't know. Margarito's story is the same as every guilty person's story - "I didn't do it." (the exception being those whose guilt is so incontrovertible that they have to admit it and cut a deal)

Of course, that's also the same as every innocent person's story. It doesn't mean he did it; it just doesn't provide much of a reason for thinking he didn't do it, either.

The reasons for thinking he did do it vary. He has looked markedly worse in his last three fights than he did previously. That's pretty flimsy, but it's something. (And it's not flimsier than believing he's innocent because he says so).

Ultimately, it's a lot simpler than that, for me. First, we have his own statement that he would have known. If we accept that statement, then the only way he's innocent is if he had illegal wraps for the very first time ever against Cotto. And I don't believe it for the same reason I don't think the cops who beat the hell out of Rodney King never did it before. Because people who cheat/commit crimes don't usually get caught the first time they do it. Most people get caught after they've gotten away with something a bunch of times. With all the money on the line for winning a world championship, and building your reputation, we're supposed to believe that he (and/or Capetillo) never did it before for more than 40 fights, then when he's 30 years old, after winning multiple world titles, for the very first time ever, Capetillo decides he's going to cheat, he doesn't tell Margarito, and he happens to get caught that very time? It's possible, but on balance, I think it's a lot less likely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Let's see here. He has a tainted TKO win over Cotto and has a pretty big Mexican fanbase (who apparently could care less if he'd actually killed someone with his plaster wraps) so he should get payed alot...

He deserves nothing less than to get repeated bashed in the face with brass knuckles, so he can taste what it feels like

There.... I fixed it for you.

Gotta be proved beyond reasonable doubt..

Margo didnt need plaster to beat Cotto..

He had to shed 40 something pounds for Mosley due to all the partying he did after the Cotto victory so most of his training consisted of losing weight. Combined with the fact that they saw a major speed advantage of Mosley, plaster was their only way to get an edge.. That's why they plastered up just ONCE..
    LMAO Do you seriously believe that? That some one would use plaster just once? First of all Cotto beat mosley before he fought margarito so why would he be more afraid of Mosley. Obviously he's had that idea before lol
    Last edited by Abelardus; 11-29-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LobowolfXXX View Post

The flip side, is, take away the bias that some people have for Margarito, and what's the basis for accepting his story? The entirety of the evidence for Margarito's not knowing is that he says so. Well, of course he says so. That evidence can pretty much be discounted out of hand, as he has a bias in professing his innocence. Guess what Luis Resto's story was? He didn't know. Margarito's story is the same as every guilty person's story - "I didn't do it." (the exception being those whose guilt is so incontrovertible that they have to admit it and cut a deal)

Of course, that's also the same as every innocent person's story. It doesn't mean he did it; it just doesn't provide much of a reason for thinking he didn't do it, either.

The reasons for thinking he did do it vary. He has looked markedly worse in his last three fights than he did previously. That's pretty flimsy, but it's something. (And it's not flimsier than believing he's innocent because he says so).

Ultimately, it's a lot simpler than that, for me. First, we have his own statement that he would have known. If we accept that statement, then the only way he's innocent is if he had illegal wraps for the very first time ever against Cotto. And I don't believe it for the same reason I don't think the cops who beat the hell out of Rodney King never did it before. Because people who cheat/commit crimes don't usually get caught the first time they do it. Most people get caught after they've gotten away with something a bunch of times. With all the money on the line for winning a world championship, and building your reputation, we're supposed to believe that he (and/or Capetillo) never did it before for more than 40 fights, then when he's 30 years old, after winning multiple world titles, for the very first time ever, Capetillo decides he's going to cheat, he doesn't tell Margarito, and he happens to get caught that very time? It's possible, but on balance, I think it's a lot less likely.
    You couldnt have said it any better... PROPS!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i reckon margacheato will lose on points

good to see roy the cheat jones is fighting again

anyone see James Cheatony lose to lebedev the other week?

and Evanda Holycheat probly wont give up just yet eh?

didnt margacheato lose to Shady Cheat Mosely?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information