Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Cotto vs Margarito - the rematch - Saturday night chat/fight thread

The main event has all the ingredients to be a great fight, but $64.95 in HD for DIRECTV here in the States means i'll be hunting for a stream tonight.The undercard starts @ 9:00 PM EST on HBO PPV and around 2:00 AM Sunday in the UK/Europe on Box Nation?

At New York (HBO PPV): Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito, rematch, 12 rounds, for Cotto's WBA junior middleweight title; Brandon Rios vs. John Murray, 12 rounds, for Rios' WBA "regular" lightweight title; Pawel Wolak vs. Delvin Rodriguez, rematch, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Mike Jones vs. Sebastian Lujan, 12 rounds, IBF welterweight eliminator

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 12-04-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Margarito - the rematch - Saturday night chat/fight thread

Margo by late tko, style matchup is all wrong for Cotto. If Margo still has a decent chin he takes this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Margo by late tko, style matchup is all wrong for Cotto. If Margo still has a decent chin he takes this.
    If Margarito hadn't gotten the shit beaten out of him by Mosley and Pacquiao, I would agree. I believe those 2 beatdowns have softened Margo's punch resistence and Cotto stops him somewhere around the 8th round.
    One thing is for sure, this fight will have little to do with the "sweet science", they're going to be looking to fuck each other up.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    If Margarito hadn't gotten the shit beaten out of him by Mosley and Pacquiao, I would agree. I believe those 2 beatdowns have softened Margo's punch resistence and Cotto stops him somewhere around the 8th round.
    One thing is for sure, this fight will have little to do with the "sweet science", they're going to be looking to fuck each other up.
    If that is the case and Cotto doesnt fight smart I think it will be Margos night.
    Margo tko late.

Go Miguel fight smart,dismantle, take him to bits!
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    If that is the case and Cotto doesnt fight smart I think it will be Margos night.
    Margo tko late.

I'm betting this isn't the same Margarito that fought Cotto before Andre. This wouldn't be the first time i've been wrong, but I believe Antonio is damaged goods, that's not to say he isn't still dangerous.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 12-03-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margo tko late.

I'm betting this isn't the same Margarito that fought Cotto before Andre. This wouldn't be the first time i've been wrong, but I believe Antonio is damaged goods, that's not to say he isn't still dangerous.
    Cotto's almost as damaged as Margarito IMO, and he had less stamina and a worse chin to begin with.

Margarito by TKO. Again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Margo tko late.

Cotto's almost as damaged as Margarito IMO, and he had less stamina and a worse chin to begin with.

Margarito by TKO. Again.
    I'm not so sure about that, Cotto has come back well from his losses, it remains to be seen if Tony can. I give Margarito a punchers chance, but little else.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Margo tko late.

Margarito by TKO. Again.
    I'm not so sure about that, Cotto has come back well from his losses, it remains to be seen if Tony can. I give Margarito a punchers chance, but little else.
    I hope you're right.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such a strong card, I am really excited for this. I really hope Cotto can win this but he's going to have to be very fit and disciplined. IMO he has shown in the first fight he is capable of winning however fighting the way he did for Cotto got 12 rounds might be an ask. I hope not though, because after the contraversie I believe Cotto should have that extra spark in him to get the win. We will see!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant wait for this fight after watching 24/7
    Its going to be total war, I'm hoping cotto can ko margarito, anyone noticed margaritos right eye looks bigger than his left eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Its going to be total war, I'm hoping cotto can ko margarito, anyone noticed margaritos right eye looks bigger than his left eye.
    What concerns me is that Margarito may not even have a right eye after this fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..... it's the day of the fight, and after careful deliberation on my part, I just want to say a few, well-thought-out things, while trying to maintain all sense of decorum and calm.............

C'MON MIGUEL..... BUST UP THIS MUTHAF*KKERS INSIDES UP RIB-BY-RIB!!! BUST UP THE CHEATER'S EYE AND PUMMEL HIM UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT!!!!! BEAT THE JERK SENSELESS AND MAKE HIM CRAWL AROUND ON THE CANVAS LOOKING FOR HIS TEETH!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIGHT!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been waiting for this fight for to long! Cotto wins 8th-10th round stoppage or KO. Then maybe drop to 147 and try getting a fight with the top 2 P4P fighters. I really hope for this to happen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    What concerns me is that Margarito may not even have a right eye after this fight.
    Blind would be much better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say cotto wins do you think he goes after pacman again to avenge his other loss

Thread Information