Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Morales-Danny Garcia / Kirkland-Molina on Hbo 1/28

Is being worked on. This is a true fight fans' card right.
    Morales and garcia will fight for the Wbc title and kirkland deserves alot of credit for taking on the most avoided fighter.. Only if cotto had balls like that, that'll be the day..

thoughts?
    Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 12-08-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales-Danny Garcia / Kirkland-Molina on Hbo 1/28

I would definitely tune in. I hate that once fighters get to a certain level everything they do is PPV. I'm sure they could pass Morales fighting anyone off as a $30 PPV and make a little bit of money but I'd like to see this become more common where a legend fighting a compelling matchup against someone without a superstar name ends up on the already pricey premium channels and not PPV. It would be great to have fights like Pac-Clottey or PBF-Ortiz end up being on regular HBO or Showtime in between their bigger fights that end up on PPV.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Is being worked on. This is a true fight fans' card right.
    Morales and garcia will fight for the Wbc title and kirkland deserves alot of credit for taking on the most avoided fighter.. Only if cotto had balls like that, that'll be the day..

thoughts?
    I would argue that Molina isn't the most avoided fighter at junior middleweight. It's hard to be the most avoided fighter if you can't punch. That's the reason the Kirkland people chose Molina: he's a good boxer, but he can't punch worth a damn and Kirkland has a suspect chin. I favor Kirkland by KO in the middle rounds, but it could be a great fight. Kirkland-Lara is a more compelling match-up and a tougher match-up for Kirkland in my opinion. Lara has the ability to outbox Kirkland and he has a bit of pop, but Kirkland is a beast and could get to Lara eventually. Lara's also a southpaw. It's not by chance that Kirkland hasn't fought ONE southpaw in his whole career. Not one. There's a reason.

Morales v. Garcia is a good fight. There were tougher fights for Morales to be made at junior welterweight, Soto, Matthysse, Guerrero, Bradley etc., but fair enough. Garcia will come to fight and he looked good against Kendall Holt last time out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're actually making this PPV??

Decent fights, but come on.

Morales/JMM would be big -- and fun (though JMM probably just schools him). And there are a ton of other fighters much more deserving of a pay day vs Morales (Guerrero, Matthyse, Bradley (whose belt Morales is wearing)) -- though they'd all beat him, so I get the match-making.

Kirkland-Molina is compelling though. I agree that a fight with Lara would be compelling but I think this one's more competitive (I think Lara wins a wide UD over Kirkland). I might rather see Kirkland against Canelo or Paul Williams but this one's pretty good. Like, HBO Boxing After Dark good. Not PPV good. Kirkland-Angulo was an HBO Boxing After Dark fight!!
    Last edited by shza; 12-08-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

Morales/JMM would be big -- and fun (though JMM probably just schools him). And there are a ton of other fighters much more deserving of a pay day vs Morales (Guerrero, Matthyse, Bradley (whose belt Morales is wearing)) -- though they'd all beat him, so I get the match-making.

Kirkland-Molina is compelling though. I agree that a fight with Lara would be compelling but I think this one's more competitive (I think Lara wins a wide UD over Kirkland). I might rather see Kirkland against Canelo or Paul Williams but this one's pretty good. Like, HBO Boxing After Dark good. Not PPV good. Kirkland-Angulo was an HBO Boxing After Dark fight!!
    If you were referring to my post I was saying I am glad this looks to be a normal HBO card and am thankful. Fighters like Morales can get thrown on really lackluster PPV cards with a slightly smaller price tag and it makes it so I don't get to watch a fight I'd love to see but can't afford/refuse to pay extra for.

If you are saying you heard from somewhere else that it is going to possibly be a PPV then I am disappointed. For that to seem reasonable to me it would have to be something like Morales-Marquez supported with Kirkland versus any of those other opponents you mentioned as well as at least one more bout of that level of fighters matched against each other.

I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction for HBO and not more of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this card needs is Lara vs Augulo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

If you were referring to my post I was saying I am glad this looks to be a normal HBO card and am thankful. Fighters like Morales can get thrown on really lackluster PPV cards with a slightly smaller price tag and it makes it so I don't get to watch a fight I'd love to see but can't afford/refuse to pay extra for.

If you are saying you heard from somewhere else that it is going to possibly be a PPV then I am disappointed. For that to seem reasonable to me it would have to be something like Morales-Marquez supported with Kirkland versus any of those other opponents you mentioned as well as at least one more bout of that level of fighters matched against each other.

I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction for HBO and not more of the same.
    Ah, sorry. I read your previous post too quickly and spouted off. I have no reason to believe this is scheduled for PPV (other than my earlier misreading of your post). I'm definitely happy to watch it for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two very, very good fights. I've been campaigning for Molina to get a big fight ever since he "drew" with Lara (I had Molina the winner there). Hopefully though we won't see the guy who loses getting a title fight (a la Molina v Cintron).

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two fight's I would like to see.

Thread Information