2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones vs Machida

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Just think his speed takes it and i don't know about the wrestling the best can get takendown.
    Not Jones, he has never been taken down in his UFC career so far

I dont really like using fighter a beat fighter b so will dimolish fighter c, the triangle theory, but Machida KO'ed Rashad, if he can do it then I have no fear Jones will do it. Will have to wait and see, Rashad is the only test left, although saying that Davis will give him a hell of a fight.
    He's been KO'd once it happens when you wear 4oz gloves. If you don't like the theory dont use it because it makes no sense. Machida is one of the most awkward stand up fighters in the UFC if not the most and he is the only fighter to KO Rashad so i wouldn't try that theory. ashad has had enough KO's himself so don't go worry about his chin just who lands there punches. Davis squeezed out a win over little nog because he could stand with him i think rashad can keep it on the feet and dominate him.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just think his speed takes it and i don't know about the wrestling the best can get takendown.

I dont really like using fighter a beat fighter b so will dimolish fighter c, the triangle theory, but Machida KO'ed Rashad, if he can do it then I have no fear Jones will do it. Will have to wait and see, Rashad is the only test left, although saying that Davis will give him a hell of a fight.
    He's been KO'd once it happens when you wear 4oz gloves. If you don't like the theory dont use it because it makes no sense. Machida is one of the most awkward stand up fighters in the UFC if not the most and he is the only fighter to KO Rashad so i wouldn't try that theory. ashad has had enough KO's himself so don't go worry about his chin just who lands there punches. Davis squeezed out a win over little nog because he could stand with him i think rashad can keep it on the feet and dominate him.
    Keep hanging on the theory that Jones will get beat by one of your picks if that keeps ya happy

As ya say VC, if those fights go the way ya say then Silva v Jones would be the biggest fight in UFC history, the skill set of both fighters would leave us drooling over it, just hope it does happen at some point down the line.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep hanging on the theory that Jones will get beat by one of your picks if that keeps ya happy

As ya say VC, if those fights go the way ya say then Silva v Jones would be the biggest fight in UFC history, the skill set of both fighters would leave us drooling over it, just hope it does happen at some point down the line.
    If the matches are made im obviously going to go with my favourite fighters. Also i read somewhere that Dana white said that fight with Silva and Jones wont happen. Probably due to him wanting to retire soon and he only has so many fights left on the contract.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the matches are made im obviously going to go with my favourite fighters. Also i read somewhere that Dana white said that fight with Silva and Jones wont happen. Probably due to him wanting to retire soon and he only has so many fights left on the contract.
    Bloody shame if it doesnt happen! Then again picture the scene, Sonnen wins his match with Silva ( highly doubtful tho ) and he requests a shot at Jones, how do ya see that one going down? Two fighters that can ground and pound with superb wrestling ability.....
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bloody shame if it doesnt happen! Then again picture the scene, Sonnen wins his match with Silva ( highly doubtful tho ) and he requests a shot at Jones, how do ya see that one going down? Two fighters that can ground and pound with superb wrestling ability.....
    You don't even need to ask. Chael all the way although it would be a way down the line he would have to clean out the middleweight division first. By that time Jones has lost to
    Sugar and Hendo!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't even need to ask. Chael all the way although it would be a way down the line he would have to clean out the middleweight division first. By that time Jones has lost to
    Sugar and Hendo!

As I thought....... your completely deluded

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar and Hendo!

As I thought....... your extremely experienced

Damn right!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Jones is just a phenom. For a guy who,s more or less professionally doing it for 4-5 years, it's quite amazing. Machinda style seemed the same good old riddle in the first (which I believe Machinda won) but Jones looked good indeed and didn't panick at all though MAchida did land 2-3 solid shots on the chin. A healthy GSP vs Jones is definitely something I'd like to see someday, not sure if it'll ever happen but that's a fight that could be interesting. Assuming GSP can stop to injure himself and if the weight of both won,t be an issue.
    GSP v Jones will never happen unless GSP bulks up a shit load, moving from Welterweight to LHW would be too much mate. As a fantasy matchup then fair enough. GSP v Silva could be a possibility tho
    Gsp talked about moving up at some point but he said that the day he does so, he does it for good as he thinks he doesn't have the physical to get down again. I agree it's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. The biggest problem is that he's not a big Welter so issue would be a problem down the stretch power wise.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones is just a phenom. For a guy who,s more or less professionally doing it for 4-5 years, it's quite amazing. Machinda style seemed the same good old riddle in the first (which I believe Machinda won) but Jones looked good indeed and didn't panick at all though MAchida did land 2-3 solid shots on the chin. A healthy GSP vs Jones is definitely something I'd like to see someday, not sure if it'll ever happen but that's a fight that could be interesting. Assuming GSP can stop to injure himself and if the weight of both won,t be an issue.
    GSP v Jones will never happen unless GSP bulks up a shit load, moving from Welterweight to LHW would be too much mate. As a fantasy matchup then fair enough. GSP v Silva could be a possibility tho
    Gsp talked about moving up at some point but he said that the day he does so, he does it for good as he thinks he doesn't have the physical to get down again. I agree it's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. The biggest problem is that he's not a big Welter so issue would be a problem down the stretch power wise.
    Moving up to middleweight I could understand but jumping to lightheavy from welter is some jump. Even a big welterweight would struggle at that. The thing is Jones is a big LHW, he could grow into the HW division. I remember seeing a photo of him stood next to Cain when he was HW champ and he towered over him. I think when Jones clears out the LHW division a move to HW would be his next move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GSP is waaaaay too small for Jones. Hell hes too small for Silva. I want to see Silva vs Jones.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A weltrweight that i think could make light heavyweight would be Anthony Johnson I hear he walks around over 205.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea John got caught for the first time on a long time during that fight but Machida never had a chance in my eyes.
    The key to defeating this guy is KICKING THOSE GOD DANM TOOTHPICK THIGHS OF HIS!!!

am I right?
    or take his ass down and sit on him, pound him with elbows like Florian does. Nobody is gonna take this guy out on his feet. I dont think even Chuck in his prime could beat him. He needs to face a divine wrestler
    and Rashad is a perfect match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A weltrweight that i think could make light heavyweight would be Anthony Johnson I hear he walks around over 205.
    its so strange you said that cause thats exactly what I was gonna say lol

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ReBeL BLacK View Post
    Yea John got caught for the first time on a long time during that fight but Machida never had a chance in my eyes.
    The key to defeating this guy is KICKING THOSE GOD DANM TOOTHPICK THIGHS OF HIS!!!

am I right?
    or take his ass down and sit on him, pound him with elbows like Florian does. Nobody is gonna take this guy out on his feet. I dont think even Chuck in his prime could beat him. He needs to face a divine wrestler
    and Rashad is a perfect match.
    A Prime Chuck would be an interesting opponent. Jones represents an evolution of MMA fighters well past Chuck but Chuck had fantastic TD defense, one punch KO power and the ability to take a punch to land a punch. I think Jones is too versatile to lose to Chuck but I believe the Ice Man would have been able to take Jon much deeper and challenge him much more than anyone he has faced so far.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones cant stand

Thread Information