2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones vs Machida

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    I see Chuck leading in Jones with his awkward counter punch style and landing big with the over hand on one of Jones half ass jabs. That or catching him after a kick. I still believe Chuck is the best light heavyweight to date, man i miss watching him fight! Still my all time favourite!
    I dont. Jones has a freakish reach advantage and as good as Chucks takedown defence was, he could be taken down and Jones WOULD get him there. It would only take a few of those elbows and it would be all over. Dont forget Rampage handed chuck his ass in his prime twice
    Rampage has that one shot KO. Correct me if im wrong but i haven't seen Jones get a one punch KO?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Chuck leading in Jones with his awkward counter punch style and landing big with the over hand on one of Jones half ass jabs. That or catching him after a kick. I still believe Chuck is the best light heavyweight to date, man i miss watching him fight! Still my all time favourite!
    I dont. Jones has a freakish reach advantage and as good as Chucks takedown defence was, he could be taken down and Jones WOULD get him there. It would only take a few of those elbows and it would be all over. Dont forget Rampage handed chuck his ass in his prime twice
    Rampage has that one shot KO. Correct me if im wrong but i haven't seen Jones get a one punch KO?
    And ? Whats your point? I havent seen Rampage dominate EVERYONE of his opponents like Jones has. And Rampage didnt knock Chuck out with one punch in the first, he wore him down. If Rampage could wear chuck down and get a ko you know Jones would definitely do it.

Jones got caught with a big puncha against machida...and it did nothing. A one punch knock out kind of fighter isnt going to beat Jones
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And ? Whats your point? I havent seen Rampage dominate EVERYONE of his opponents like Jones has. And Rampage didnt knock Chuck out with one punch in the first, he wore him down. If Rampage could wear chuck down and get a ko you know Jones would definitely do it.

Jones got caught with a big puncha against machida...and it did nothing. A one punch knock out kind of fighter isnt going to beat Jones
    Rampage didn't get a KO in the first fight either. It was a corner stoppage. Not that it changes the argument of his ablity to wear down Chuck vs Jones ability to do the same.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post

Rampage didn't get a KO in the first fight either. It was a corner stoppage. Not that it changes the argument of his ablity to wear down Chuck vs Jones ability to do the same.
    Sorry meant TKO, I knew it was a corner stoppage and that is a tko. But yeah you got my point. I think Jones is stronger than Chuck in grappling and Rampage could manhandle chuck than Jones would ragdoll him.

Im a bit conflicted with Jones - I am in awe of his talent, strength and skill, I dont like his attitude outside of the cage (bit arrogant), I want someone to give him a decent challenge BUT I want him to win
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first Rampage fight has always perplexed me. Quinton is in no way the best wrestler Chuck ever faced but he is the only guy ever to bully Chuck to the mat and keep him there. Even Randy wasn't as successfull in the first fight with Chuck at putting and keeping him down. Not sure if the 10 minute first round or ring vs octagon made the difference or not. I guess some guys just got your number.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jones is really a class of his own at the moment although has anyone been on top of him? wonder how he is off his back?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    jones is really a class of his own at the moment although has anyone been on top of him? wonder how he is off his back?
    He not been on his back yet in the cage, his wrestling has been far superior to all of his opponents. The only two that would stand a chance is Rashad, and maybe Hendo, but I dont see them keeping him there for long if it did happen.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point is the triangle shit doesnt work. Rampage and Jones arent the same and fighters deal with different fighters...differently. Chuck Liddell is know as one of the best if not the best light heavyweight champion in the UFC only an idiot would count him out.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point is the triangle shit doesnt work. Rampage and Jones arent the same and fighters deal with different fighters...differently. Chuck Liddell is know as one of the best if not the best light heavyweight champion in the UFC only an idiot would count him out.
    Yes Chuck is known to be the best...for now. Id say in a couple of yrs that will be Jones. Chuck was beatable...randy beat him, Jardine beat him, Rampage beat him, Rashad beat him....Jones would beat him. I would pick Jones to beat everyone that Chuck has beaten and everyone who beat Chuck. You can never completely say a fighter cant win but I think it would be highly unlikely.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Chuck is known to be the best...for now. Id say in a couple of yrs that will be Jones. Chuck was beatable...randy beat him, Jardine beat him, Rampage beat him, Rashad beat him....Jones would beat him. I would pick Jones to beat everyone that Chuck has beaten and everyone who beat Chuck. You can never completely say a fighter cant win but I think it would be highly unlikely.
    For a stgart were talking about now..so Chuck is one of the best if not the best. Ah yes Jon Jones and his 16 wins only 4 of which are against world class opponents would be able to beat everyone who Chuck Liddell fought while he's at it why doesn't he challenge Vitali. Are you all there? I can see you like to over rate him ever so slightly..
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, what ya got to appreciate is not only the opponents he's beat, but the way he beat them. No-one has destroyed Shogun like he did, name me one person that has submitted Machida, and the way he dominated Rampage was unlike anyone else. Simples
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    lol, what ya got to appreciate is not only the opponents he's beat, but the way he beat them. No-one has destroyed Shogun like he did, name me one person that has submitted Machida, and the way he dominated Rampage was unlike anyone else. Simples
    Wanderlei totally dominated Rampage in there first fight and there second. Its insane to say he can beat everyone Chuck fought because he has submitted Machida who had lost two Rua, Rampage and beat a retiring Couture..

By beating Shogun in a dominant fashion doesn't mean he can beat all 29 of Chucks opponents.

Silva, Jardine, Overeem, Franklin, Ortiz, Couture, Belfort, Randleman, Sobral to name a few.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information