Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Roach code cracked?

This thread should read "Team Roach Exposed" - TBH I never saw the big deal in Freddie. Don't get me wrong, yeah he's worked with 10's of former world champions blah blah blah but for me it's a combination of his incredible story, his fighters hyping him and him hyping himself. That team's strongest point is marketing themselves to look like a million bucks.

Personally, I think it all boils down to which trainer the fighter clicks with (To bring the best out of that fighters style) which makes Freddie no better or worse than some of the other world class trainers out there.

On the flip side, he can't be blamed for Khan being a wanker..that's Khan's achievment all by himself

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats an interesting point. Maybe it has.

Maybe the Wild Card is going stale and the massive changes are already in motion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's been shown already that shots up the middle and inside crowd fighting are the bane of Roach fighters. It's not just Khan but Pacquiao that likes to stand there with their hands in one position taking shots up the middle and seems to go into a turtle when pressured. If you let them get off on you they are gonna look spectacular, if you know how to move your head and counter in between their shots you give them some issues. Lamont caught Khan with some beautiful counter left hooks. Pacquiao and Khan when trying to go off on the inside tend to forget defense and can be countered, it just takes the guts to actually remain calm and do it. Which is why Marquez always does well against Pacquiao and why Peterson gave Khan fits.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's SIMILAR to when Enzo Calzaghe had 3 world champions and got trainer of the year back in 07. Then joe retired, gavin rees lost and macranelli got KO'd. Freddie is the better trainer and will bounce back I'm just saying trainers have their highs and lows and enzo was the first example that came to my head of someone doing well then not so well.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Thread Information