Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan is an overrated, overhyped chump

And last night just proved it, if Khan was the "next big thing", point deductions aside, he should have handled a guy like Peterson relatively easy, but instead he was in another Maidana like fight for his life.

The only thing that saved Khan from getting KTFO again is Lamont's lack of power.

BTW, I believe Khan gets wrecked by Bradley if that fight ever happens.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan is an overrated, overhyped chump

You should know there's more variables than that.

Ring size played a massive part in what happened last night, as did some questionable refereeing. In a bigger ring, with a better referee, Khan probably would have won as comfortably as expected. I also think home advantage helped Peterson an awful lot, especially when something happened which might swing momentum his way.

That aside, Peterson looked good last night.

I will say that threads like this where you call a guy a chump, when he's just played his part in a potential FOTY (as he did last year) just show you up to be a bit of a tub-thumping idiot. No offence.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will not subtract from Peterson's performance by calling Khan a chump. Khan the holder of two belts voluntarily fought Peterson in his Hometown and could quite easily have dimissed him as overrated and moved up to Welterweight. He did not and was clearly outfought on the night by a hungrier fighter who proved himself relentless. Khan is a bit simple, and shocked at losing his belts blamed the ref. He has only himself to blame for constant fouling and the wrong game plan. Bradley couldn't wreck a snowman. You are entitled to your opinion but Khan is not a chump.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has made a rod for his own back by coming out with some ridiculous , and sometimes idiotic comments, but he is no chump, he is not my favourite fighter by a long way ,but the guy does have some really entertaining fights.I think what rubs people up the wrong way is Amir,s prickly personality, and believeing he already is a legend, also his crazy obsession about being P4P No 1 , think he has a long way to go on that score, i think he got his tactics totally wrong against Peterson,but if the rematch happens i fancy him to come through.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is overrated but I wouldn't say he's a chump, he's just not as good as he thinks and is made out to be.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another well thought out and reasoned thread from Saddos own village idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley would smash khan easy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't call him a chump but I would say he's overrated in the sense that people were actually talking up him as a possible future opponent for either Pacquiao or Mayweather, it's a bit laughable, but he's still one of the best fighters in his weight class which is still pretty deep, although his cockyness, showboating, and arrogance annoy me, he's still a fun fighter to watch, so so what if he's not a future ATG, lets just hope that he continues to take on good opposition and put in the effort and has crowd pleasing fights, wouldn't mind him against Marquez, Rios, Guerrero, or the rematch with Peterson or Prescott at 140, or move up and face the Alexander/Maidana winner, or Berto/Ortiz II winner, or Bradley (which is said to be moving up), the guy is a prick but he's more than made up for his 1st round KO and taunting, arrogance, and pushing aside, he still put in a good effort

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    I wouldn't call him a chump but I would say he's overrated in the sense that people were actually talking up him as a possible future opponent for either Pacquiao or Mayweather, it's a bit laughable, but he's still one of the best fighters in his weight class which is still pretty deep, although his cockyness, showboating, and arrogance annoy me, he's still a fun fighter to watch, so so what if he's not a future ATG, lets just hope that he continues to take on good opposition and put in the effort and has crowd pleasing fights, wouldn't mind him against Marquez, Rios, Guerrero, or the rematch with Peterson or Prescott at 140, or move up and face the Alexander/Maidana winner, or Berto/Ortiz II winner, or Bradley (which is said to be moving up), the guy is a prick but he's more than made up for his 1st round KO and taunting, arrogance, and pushing aside, he still put in a good effort
    He still is a possible future opponent for Mayweather and Pacquaio.

He lost a very close fight thanks to some dubious points deductions. It was still a wildly exciting fight, as is every Khan fight. He's the biggest money maker for both Floyd and Manny, outside of each other.

The chances are extremely high still that he will fight one of them next year.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    And last night just proved it, if Khan was the "next big thing", point deductions aside, he should have handled a guy like Peterson relatively easy, but instead he was in another Maidana like fight for his life.

The only thing that saved Khan from getting KTFO again is Lamont's lack of power.

BTW, I believe Khan gets wrecked by Bradley if that fight ever happens.
    Tell us how you really feel Mars?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mars - that isn't fair my man. I know a lot of the RedCoats here continually lambast Bradley and you are correct in feeling vindicated now that Bradley is the best at 140, but Khan is no chump. Khan fights with heart. Additionally, Khan has made for fun fights recently. I enjoyed the fights with Zab Judah, Marcos Maidana and now Lamont Peterson. I'd tune in to see Khan face anyone in the top five at junior welterweight for welterweight, and frankly, even after his fight with Lamont Peterson last night, his fight with Bradley hasn't lost much luster. Maybe Amir Khan's mediocre performance even would be able to lure Bradley to a match.

Of course, after last night, Bradley clearly is top dog in the division. Heck, even Fat Dan Rafael and Greenbeanz here at Saddo need to acknowledge that fact. Can we all agree on that? However, Khan is a good fighter with good skills. Would anyone predict Lamont to win a rematch with Khan? I don't believe I would. Losing to Lamont exposed Khan as a good, but probably not great, fighter because we know the level Lamont is on.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    He still is a possible future opponent for Mayweather and Pacquaio.

He lost a very close fight thanks to some dubious points deductions. It was still a wildly exciting fight, as is every Khan fight. He's the biggest money maker for both Floyd and Manny, outside of each other.

The chances are extremely high still that he will fight one of them next year.
    How is he still a future opponent ? Mayweather/Pacquiao are looking to fight eachother. And surely aren't fighting on that long, losing legitmately to Lamont Peterson was a massive blow. And IMO a well deserved win for Lamont Peterson who fought his heart out, where as Amir Khan was spoiling and running for quite a bit in the 2nd part of the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Bradley would smash khan easy.
    bradley should of grown a pair of balls and fought kahn before the peterson fight was arranged, im not saying kahn beats bradley just cowards like bradley do nothing for boxing....... Two best in division, both belt holders and evenly matched why not fight?? And dont even say its cos bradley was chasing pac or floyd, Bradleys a pussy!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    You should know there's more variables than that.

Ring size played a massive part in what happened last night, as did some questionable refereeing. In a bigger ring, with a better referee, Khan probably would have won as comfortably as expected. I also think home advantage helped Peterson an awful lot, especially when something happened which might swing momentum his way.

That aside, Peterson looked good last night.

I will say that threads like this where you call a guy a chump, when he's just played his part in a potential FOTY (as he did last year) just show you up to be a bit of a tub-thumping idiot. No offence.
    You can call me an idiot or whatever you want ono, just be sure to call me when you've got some beer.
    Granted, Khan may not be a chump just yet, but he's rapidly heading in that direction.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Another well thought out and reasoned thread from Saddos own village idiot.

I could never take that title from you Bibbo, you're the forum's all time greatest.

So much for "British Intelligence". hahaha
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 12-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Thread Information