Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan is an overrated, overhyped chump

not really surprised... whenever Khan fights I expect him to lose, I was enjoying being wrong each and every time as he was starting to grow on me but I was prob always more shocked when he kept winning than when he lost.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Mars - that isn't fair my man. I know a lot of the RedCoats here continually lambast Bradley and you are correct in feeling vindicated now that Bradley is the best at 140, but Khan is no chump. Khan fights with heart. Additionally, Khan has made for fun fights recently. I enjoyed the fights with Zab Judah, Marcos Maidana and now Lamont Peterson. I'd tune in to see Khan face anyone in the top five at junior welterweight for welterweight, and frankly, even after his fight with Lamont Peterson last night, his fight with Bradley hasn't lost much luster. Maybe Amir Khan's mediocre performance even would be able to lure Bradley to a match.

Of course, after last night, Bradley clearly is top dog in the division. Heck, even Fat Dan Rafael and Greenbeanz here at Saddo need to acknowledge that fact. Can we all agree on that? However, Khan is a good fighter with good skills. Would anyone predict Lamont to win a rematch with Khan? I don't believe I would. Losing to Lamont exposed Khan as a good, but probably not great, fighter because we know the level Lamont is on.
    "Chump" is a bit harsh, but i'd had an earful of hearing about how fucking great Khan is. I've yet to any greatness there, and from what I saw from him last night, his "reign" at the top ain't gonna last long.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Khan is overrated but I wouldn't say he's a chump, he's just not as good as he thinks and is made out to be.
    Exactly, it's one thing to be arrogant when you can back it up, but when you can't you look foolish.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Khan is an overrated, overhyped chump

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Another well thought out and reasoned thread from Saddos own village idiot.

I could never take that title from you Bibbo, you're the forum's all time greatest.

So much for "British Intelligence". hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    I wouldn't call him a chump but I would say he's overrated in the sense that people were actually talking up him as a possible future opponent for either Pacquiao or Mayweather, it's a bit laughable, but he's still one of the best fighters in his weight class which is still pretty deep, although his cockyness, showboating, and arrogance annoy me, he's still a fun fighter to watch, so so what if he's not a future ATG, lets just hope that he continues to take on good opposition and put in the effort and has crowd pleasing fights, wouldn't mind him against Marquez, Rios, Guerrero, or the rematch with Peterson or Prescott at 140, or move up and face the Alexander/Maidana winner, or Berto/Ortiz II winner, or Bradley (which is said to be moving up), the guy is a prick but he's more than made up for his 1st round KO and taunting, arrogance, and pushing aside, he still put in a good effort
    He still is a possible future opponent for Mayweather and Pacquaio.

He lost a very close fight thanks to some dubious points deductions. It was still a wildly exciting fight, as is every Khan fight. He's the biggest money maker for both Floyd and Manny, outside of each other.

The chances are extremely high still that he will fight one of them next year.
    How is he still a future opponent ? Mayweather/Pacquiao are looking to fight eachother. And surely aren't fighting on that long, losing legitmately to Lamont Peterson was a massive blow. And IMO a well deserved win for Lamont Peterson who fought his heart out, where as Amir Khan was spoiling and running for quite a bit in the 2nd part of the fight.
    Ice he is the most exciting fighter in his division, and the biggest draw by far. He lost a fight because of two terrible point deductions and many still had him winning a close fight. Once again it was a pulsating fight, commercially he has lost nothing. HBO agreed he got jobbed, Floyd himself teeeted that the referee was fucking useless and that Amir won the fight. My guess is they will get him a high profile opponent and if he wins he will get a megafight in 2012. Just wait and see.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taffturner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Bradley would smash khan easy.
    bradley should of grown a pair of balls and fought kahn before the peterson fight was arranged, im not saying kahn beats bradley just cowards like bradley do nothing for boxing....... Two best in division, both belt holders and evenly matched why not fight?? And dont even say its cos bradley was chasing pac or floyd, Bradleys a pussy!
    You dont know what you are talking about. You know nothing about the business side of Boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't call the points deductions a major controversy like some people seem to think. They were questionable at best.

The ref could have issued warnings or called the fighters to break more often. He could have used a little discretion because it isn't as though Khan was flying in with his head or smashing peterson with his elbows.

BUT the ref was well within his rights to take points off, Khan was fouling (not in a serious way but rules are rules) and fighting in Washington didn't help but it could just be put down to the ref being very strict.

I have no problem with the result. Going in to the 12th I had a feeling it could go either way but that Khan would win on a split or a draw at least but when he had that point deducted he was fighting a losing battle and I would have been shocked if he had won. (taking in to account where they were fighting, fair or not).

Khan only has himself to blame he lost the fight rather than Peterson won it, but i was very impressed with Petersons heart and never taking a backward step. He deserved it.

When Khan was firing off those blistering combinations he looked amazing and looked as though he could stop Peterson but he was getting trapped far too much and taking punishment on the ropes.

I say Khan wins the rematch fairly easily providing there are no point deductions.

Bloody good fight though

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Another well thought out and reasoned thread from Saddos own village idiot.

I could never take that title from you Bibbo, you're the forum's all time greatest.

So much for "British Intelligence". hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I wouldn't call him a chump but I would say he's overrated in the sense that people were actually talking up him as a possible future opponent for either Pacquiao or Mayweather, it's a bit laughable, but he's still one of the best fighters in his weight class which is still pretty deep, although his cockyness, showboating, and arrogance annoy me, he's still a fun fighter to watch, so so what if he's not a future ATG, lets just hope that he continues to take on good opposition and put in the effort and has crowd pleasing fights, wouldn't mind him against Marquez, Rios, Guerrero, or the rematch with Peterson or Prescott at 140, or move up and face the Alexander/Maidana winner, or Berto/Ortiz II winner, or Bradley (which is said to be moving up), the guy is a prick but he's more than made up for his 1st round KO and taunting, arrogance, and pushing aside, he still put in a good effort

He lost a very close fight thanks to some dubious points deductions. It was still a wildly exciting fight, as is every Khan fight. He's the biggest money maker for both Floyd and Manny, outside of each other.

How is he still a future opponent ? Mayweather/Pacquiao are looking to fight eachother. And surely aren't fighting on that long, losing legitmately to Lamont Peterson was a massive blow. And IMO a well deserved win for Lamont Peterson who fought his heart out, where as Amir Khan was spoiling and running for quite a bit in the 2nd part of the fight.
    Ice he is the most exciting fighter in his division, and the biggest draw by far. He lost a fight because of two terrible point deductions and many still had him winning a close fight. Once again it was a pulsating fight, commercially he has lost nothing. HBO agreed he got jobbed, Floyd himself teeeted that the referee was fucking useless and that Amir won the fight. My guess is they will get him a high profile opponent and if he wins he will get a megafight in 2012. Just wait and see.
    I don't think Amir Khan got robbed at all, i thought he was beaten legitmately. And so do alot of people, it was a close fight but Amir Khan was far too negative. Especially when your fighting in someone's backyard, i don't see what all the fuss is about in all honesty.

Amir Khan was warned so many times, and got point's deducted thats it. He still has alot to prove at 140 and losing to Lamont Peterson is a major setback.

He has to rematch Peterson and fight Bradley, he also has to fight someone like Berto, Ortiz at Welterweight. Infact i think this loss is a blessing in disguise because he's out of the picture now for a Mayweather showdown, which is good news because he would be totally dominated.

Let him rebuild himself at 140 and then see what happens, but talk of fighting the likes of Mayweather was madness before the Peterson fight and its even more crazy now. Amir Khan has far too many flaws in his game.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    not really surprised... whenever Khan fights I expect him to lose, I was enjoying being wrong each and every time as he was starting to grow on me but I was prob always more shocked when he kept winning than when he lost.
    Saddo,
    Khan is decent enough fighter, for whatever reason however, his skills/ability were being seriously overhyped. It doesn't help matters that he's arrogant & cocky, which is OK as long as you can back it up, but in Khan's case he let's his mouth overload his arse. Losing to Peterson, is not a good sign, and neither was getting bounced around the ring and almost knocked out by Maidana. Now that doesn't per-say make him a bad fight fighter, just not the whirling dervish some were making him out to be.

cheers
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 12-12-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're so naive (basically you're utter divs) they don't even realise being in EXCITING fights makes you more marketable.

Deary deary me...
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe he's a little bit overrated/ overhyped, but not a chump.

Geez. i wonder what's Pac's opinion about the fight. i'm really curious.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    L

They're so naive (basically you're utter divs) they don't even realise being in EXCITING fights makes you more marketable.

Deary deary me...
    Fenst I think the intelligence inequality on Saddo is greater than the financial inequality in the US, ten percent of the posters have ninety percent of the brains.

Khan is still a red hot commodity and boxing matches are mostly marketing decisions. Look at Haye, loses a lopsided fight to Wlad, now Vitali wants him. Morales gets a title shot on the back of losing to Maidana.
    Last edited by Kev; 12-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he won it by a close margin but I don't think it's that much of a robbery than a mere controversy. As for his potential, he has some of the fastest hands in the business, a very good footwork and he has shown that perhaps his jaw is not as much china made than what many thought at first. However, I could see some arguments why he lost and got deducted some points, 2 points was perhaps a bit too much but in the fire of the action, I could see why the referee went this way (Even if it shouldn't have, imo).
    it's a lost but somehow it will just market even better his rematch with Peterson as it will spark more interests over the whole deal. He,s far from done, either as a boxer or on a market value. Plus, he has one of the biggest boxing powerhouse behind him in Golden boy promitions. Bad decision but sure not a robbery.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

khan might be a douche, but he has courage and some good skills. i dont like him either, but seeing him get battered and continue on the way he does ( maidana, peterson) shows he has balls and is willing to fight the biggest challenges, unlike some ( like gayweather).

he may not be dominating, but he is a good young fighter who tries hard.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Deary deary me...

Not too naive to believe that if Khan loses another fight his "marketability" won't go straight into the toilet.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    khan might be a douche, but he has courage and some good skills. i dont like him either, but seeing him get battered and continue on the way he does ( maidana, peterson) shows he has balls and is willing to fight the biggest challenges, unlike some ( like gayweather).

he may not be dominating, but he is a good young fighter who tries hard.
    More like courage born out of desperation, like i've already said on this thread, he's a decent fighter, but I fail see any "greatness" there. As for Khan's "entertainment" value, I don't see where his fights are all that fucking thrilling.

Thread Information