Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who is next for Manny Pacquiao?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So who is next for Manny Pacquiao?

Roach Adds Peterson For Pacquiao as Floyd Jr. Cools Off - Boxing News

Looking at this article it's clear that the May or June showdown with Mayweather isn't likely to occur due to him being in jail and Mayweather needing 10 weeks to prepare for a fight.

The article looks at these fighters as Pacquiao's next potential fight:

1) A fourth fight with Marquez
    2) A rematch with Cotto
    3) Bradley
    4) Peterson

Peterson has been added to the mix because he weighed in 155 the night he fought Khan. I dont think Peterson should fight Pacquiao IMO, he needs to settle the score with Khan and I dont see how he would stand any chance against Pacquiao.

I personally don't know if Pacquiao should fight Marquez again, the fight will no doubt have a similar ending to the last as proved in the last three outings. It's not fair for Marquez because unless he stops Pacquiao I don't see how he will get the nod in a "close" encounter.

I think Cotto should stay clear of Pacquiao again, that was a pretty tough loss for him and I would prefer him to get involved with the talented 154 fighters or maybe wait to out for a Mayweather showdown himself.

I wouldnt mind a Bradley showdown, Bradley needs a stern test and with Mayweather not available I think this is one of Pacquiaos strongest options out there.

One option that hasn't been mentioned is the Berto - Ortiz winner, I think whoever wins that is ranked very highly at 147 and would no doubt be a good fight for Pacquiao.

Apparently Pacquiao - Mayweather is looking likely for November now, but until it actually ever happens I dont even care anymore.

Who do you all think Pacquiao should fight next?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So who is next for Manny Pacquiao?

Aside from Mayweather, the only fight that really interests me is Bradley. Desert Storm will get torn apart though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His daddy Dinamita.. if not, it must be either bradley or Peterson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez and this time Marquez gets the decision. 2nd best would be Bradley. Never Peterson he would get beat up badly and stopped.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No real threat with the 4 guys. It will be interesting if they hand pick another opponent to make Pac look good and suddenly have another big surprise just like the one they got vs JMM thinking they were going to mop the floor with him. What a surprise and disappointment he got. Same thing happened to Amir.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny v JMM, or Berto.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can careless who Pacman fight if its not Floyd. More then likely, it's going to be in house. Bradley! What I'm more interested in is seeing who and if JMM will fight.

Bradley
    Khan
    Peterson
    Rios
    Guerrero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not Floyd, he was sentenced to 90 days and may not serve a day of that, and if he does serve time the max he would serve is 45 days in a county jail. Still plenty of time to get ready for Pac.

The image is intact and they could start the promotion the day he begins his sentence. He will be out in a month or so, distractions are nothing to Floyd, always in shape and one month or so later he could be ready to beat pac. The community service and abuse classes will take a bigger toll on him then 45 days in jail.

Seems everyone is following Arums lead here, throwing out silly names instead of the only one that will mean anything.

There is one name left for both these assholes and that's against each other.

Give me a fucking break, names like Peterson and Kahn, Bradley, the least you guys could do is throw some fucking welterweights into your name games.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about Magic mathew hatton!lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight Berto, Ortiz mayweather or Cotto. Maybe even canelo after he KO's Mosley, if they fight. Either of those and I'm a happy man.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If not Mayweather next for Pacquiao, then Bradley sounds good, I have zero interest in seeing Pac fight Peterson or another fight with Marquez right now. Pac- JMM IV would end about like the other 3 = in controversy.

If there ever is a Pac- JMM IV, it needs to be the last fight of either Pug's career.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    If not Mayweather next for Pacquiao, then Bradley sounds good, I have zero interest in seeing Pac fight Peterson or another fight with Marquez right now. Pac- JMM IV would end about like the other 3 = in controversy.

If there ever is a Pac- JMM IV, it needs to be the last fight of either Pug's career.
    Agree with everything you said there.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    Why not Floyd, he was sentenced to 90 days and may not serve a day of that, and if he does serve time the max he would serve is 45 days in a county jail. Still plenty of time to get ready for Pac.

The image is intact and they could start the promotion the day he begins his sentence. He will be out in a month or so, distractions are nothing to Floyd, always in shape and one month or so later he could be ready to beat pac. The community service and abuse classes will take a bigger toll on him then 45 days in jail.

Seems everyone is following Arums lead here, throwing out silly names instead of the only one that will mean anything.

There is one name left for both these assholes and that's against each other.

Give me a fucking break, names like Peterson and Kahn, Bradley, the least you guys could do is throw some fucking welterweights into your name games.
    There's zero chance Floyd faces Pacquiao on May 5th if Floyd goes to jail on January 7th as he is set to do at this time. He can get 30 days off from good behavior, but I doubt he would want to rush into the biggest box office fight of his career. It wouldn't make sense for Floyd and Floyd is nothing if not risk averse.

A fourth fight with Marquez in Mexico makes the most sense especially given the controversial finish to every single one of their previous fights and the fact that they allegedly sold 1.3 million ppv's the last time around. I just don't really want to see because we know what the outcome will be already; even if Marquez won, the fight will play out the same. Financially, a second fight with Cotto also makes sense, but frankly, as with Marquez, I don't have too much interest in the fight. If it were up to me, I prefer Bradley or Peterson. Bradley is the better of the two. Maybe I'm one of the few, but I believe Bradley and Pacquiao would be a good action-packed, fan-friendly fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Great picture Mars_ax and I do not mean Dempsey.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not the winner of Ortiz vs Berto II ? It seems to be the most reasonable fight for him since they are rated #3 (Ortiz ) and #4 ( Berto ) at Welterweight at the moment?
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Thread Information