Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who at Middle,SM or LHW could beat Andre Ward or even make a good fight of it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who at Middle,SM or LHW could beat Andre Ward or even make a good fight of it?

If you look at the top 10 in the middle ,supermiddle or even light heavy there are not any fighters that I think would stand a good chance against Ward apart from maybe Hopkins.

What do you think?
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who at Middle,SM or LHW could beat Andre Ward or even make a good fight of it?

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    If you look at the top 10 in the middle ,supermiddle or even light heavy there are not any fighters that I think would stand a good chance against Ward apart from maybe Hopkins.

What do you think?
    I agree with you up to 168, at light heavyweight I think the power discrepancy would be a problem with Dawson, Sikakh, probably Pascal and Cloud. Ward is not a hard hitting 168. At 175 I think guys would walk through his punches but I don't think any of the 4 is impossible. I give the edge to those 4 against Ward. (not a fan of Pascal, sick of Dawson, kind of like Cloud and like what I have seen of Silakh)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who at Middle,SM or LHW could beat Andre Ward or even make a good fight of it?

Froch had the best chance at 168 because hes the second best fighter at the weight. I think Hopkins would seriously be the only person to have a good go at him at the momment in time with the boxing knowledge and ability he has he knows how to win fights no matter what the situation. Its hard to see where Ward is going to struggle, he seems to have the tools to deal with most styles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think anyone beats him . But those that have a good/decent chance of winning:

MDW- Martinez - at this point , I see Ward winning a decision against Martinez. Martinez wouldn't be as effective at 168. Ward UD - around 116-112

SMW- Bute- It would be a great fight . Bute matches Ward's speed and packs a bigger punch. Ward is the better technical boxer, and has a higher ring iq. Ward by close decision 116-112

LHW- Hopkins- Even at his old age, I think Hopkins give a tough fight for Ward. I'm not sure Ward is ready to move up in weight at this point, but a think LHW would suit him in a year or two. Ward close possible SD

Dawson- Just as fast, stronger, bigger, and longer reach than Ward. However, Ward is the better Technical boxer and I see him outworking and outsmarting Dawson over 12 rounds. Ward close UD 116-112

Siilakh - this is a good, young up and coming fighter . At this point, it's tough to tell how good of a fighter he is. Still , I think he gives Ward a tough fight. Ward UD 116-112

other guys that deserve a mention- Dirrell and Cloud. - still think Ward beats them both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    i don't think anyone beats him . But those that have a good/decent chance of winning:

MDW- Martinez - at this point , I see Ward winning a decision against Martinez. Martinez wouldn't be as effective at 168. Ward UD - around 116-112

SMW- Bute- It would be a great fight . Bute matches Ward's speed and packs a bigger punch. Ward is the better technical boxer, and has a higher ring iq. Ward by close decision 116-112

LHW- Hopkins- Even at his old age, I think Hopkins give a tough fight for Ward. I'm not sure Ward is ready to move up in weight at this point, but a think LHW would suit him in a year or two. Ward close possible SD

Dawson- Just as fast, stronger, bigger, and longer reach than Ward. However, Ward is the better Technical boxer and I see him outworking and outsmarting Dawson over 12 rounds. Ward close UD 116-112

Siilakh - this is a good, young up and coming fighter . At this point, it's tough to tell how good of a fighter he is. Still , I think he gives Ward a tough fight. Ward UD 116-112

other guys that deserve a mention- Dirrell and Cloud. - still think Ward beats them both
    Middleweight - No fighter at 160 can beat him imo.

Super Middleweight - Bute and Dirrell could make a good fight out of it, have a chance of beating Ward.

Light Heavyweight - Hopkins and Dawson.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think?
    A better question would be: who cares?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez would make a fight of it definitely and well he's packed quite the punch lately, is as fast if not faster, but who the hell knows what he'd be like at 168. Then again he's getting to the age where at that weight people tend to get old, who knows tho he didn't start boxing till 20...

I used to think bute would take him but don't think so any longer, don't think butes got the infighting skills to take him, but would be intresting.

Golovkin seems to have the goods and certainly has the amateure pedigree but still has to prove it in the pro ranks, so maybe a couple years down the line.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only at light heavy with Dawson, it would be good for Ward to beat Bute once and for all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

What do you think?
    If you are a boxing fan you care,if you are not you dont!
    Balls

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think?
    I must not be a boxing fan.. who knew..

I used to think most of Mayweather's fights were boring, but compared to Ward's they're like all-time classics. Just wait until Ward tries to sell one of his fights as a PPV and see how many "boxing fans" buy it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrell and Dawson

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute, Dirrell, or Hopkins.

Bute is a good boxer with a lot of pop, Dirrell is blinding fast, and Hopkins might be able to beat Ward at his own game.

I'd heavily favour Ward against any of them though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think?
    I must not be a boxing fan.. who knew..

I used to think most of Mayweather's fights were boring, but compared to Ward's they're like all-time classics. Just wait until Ward tries to sell one of his fights as a PPV and see how many "boxing fans" buy it.
    I like Ward a lot, and he's on his way to becoming great. However, i agree he is not a PPV fighter. His style just dosn't make people want to pay the money, and he dosn't have the mouth to talk up a bg PPV fight like Mayweather can. It's just not in his caracter to trash talk and so on to build up fight hype.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrell, Bute, Hopkins and Dawson
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Dirrell, Bute, Hopkins and Dawson
    Everybody was talking not so long ago about Martinez fighting Mayweather. If he is good enought o fight Mayweather he is deffinatly good enough to fight Ward.
    First I would put him against Bute to unify the devision. Then I would put him against Martinez to see if Martinez deserves his high P4P ranking.
    I would give Hopkins and Dawson a good chance but I garentee the fights will be very very very boring.

Thread Information