Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canelo vs Shane Mosley reportedly a done deal for April 21.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo vs Shane Mosley reportedly a done deal for April 21.

So it is being reported in most boxing sites that Canelo and Mosley are close to reaching a deal to fight on April 21... What are your thoughts on this fight?

According to insider sources, a deal is close to being finalized for WBC Jr Middlweight Champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to fight former multi-division world champion and boxing legend 'Sugar' Shane Mosley.
    If he's not selected as Floyd Mayweather's May 5th opponent, 'Canelo' Alvarez will defend his title April 21st at Staple Center in Los Angeles, CA.

Shane Mosley, 40, turned pro in eighteen years ago and has defeated the likes of Phillip Holiday, John John Molina, Jesse James Leija, Wilfredo Rivera, Oscar De La Hoya, Fernando Vargas and Antonio Margarito, winning world titles at lightweight, welterweight and jr middleweight.

But despite his impressive credentials, Mosley has failed to impress in his last three bouts against Floyd Mayweather Jr, Sergio Mora and Manny Pacquiao. Mosley lost lopsided decisions to Mayweather and Pacquiao and drew with Mora.

Mosley's last scintillating performance, a title-winning domination of Antonio Margarito, took place nearly three years ago in January 2009.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, 21, is the current WBC jr middleweight champion and the youngest reigning world champion in boxing. The undefeated Alvarez had a breakout year in 2011, leaving little doubt he's a serious fighter to be reckoned with by winning a wide decision over Matthew Hatton and knocking out Kermit Cintron, Alfonso Gomez and Ryan Rhodes.

The hard-punching James Kirkland (30-1, 27 KO) is the other fighter being considered as a possible April 21st opponent for Alvarez. Fresh off his thrilling stoppage of Alfredo Angulo, Kirkland will step in the ring with the dangerous Carlos Molina on January 28, on HBO.

Shane Mosley vs Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez on April 21st ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know mosley hasn't been KO'd but I have a feeling Canelo will do it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inevitable outcome...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Shane Mosley reportedly a done deal for April 21.

I'd much rather see Canelo fight Kirkland or someone else, but a fight with Mosley, who does well against Latino fighters would be interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather Canelo fought Kirkland but Mosley needs the money so I wouldn't mind him in there.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant see much hope for Mosley here, will have been inactive for a while.

Relentless pressure will force a stoppage but will be against the shell of a legend. Will still do wonders for Canelos confidence though and bring him on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be the first to pick Canelo to defeat Cotto and Martinez at 154. I'm not giving Shane a chance! But we all counted Shane out against Margarito.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    I'll be the first to pick Canelo to defeat Cotto and Martinez at 154. I'm not giving Shane a chance! But we all counted Shane out against Margarito.
    That was a different Shane and a discovered margarito so it was ok to have counted him out in way but now it's definetly ok to count him out after Mora Pac and May made him look like poo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with how stacked 154 is right now, disappointing doesn't even begin to describe what this fight really is, Canelo needs to stop picking up has beens and fight an actual live body at 154, hell even fighting a used up Williams would have been a bigger risk than this, fighting Mosley isn't much different than fighting Cintron at this point

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    IMO Canelo gets schooled by Cotto and Martinez, only way he beats Martinez is if he doesn't make 154 without draining himself

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The careful evil genius match making of Canelo's career is enough to make me fucking puke...

Feasting on the corpses of Cintron and Mosley.

I hope Mosley turns back the clock and pulls another Collazo/Margarito and shocks everyone.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone seems to be dismissing Mosley because of his previous 2 loses. But the man's last fight was Pac and one before Mora was Mayweather. Now sure the Mora performance was really bad, but other than that we can't dismiss him because he lost to the two top dogs of the sport. It was 4 fights ago that he knock Margarito the fuck out. Sure he's not the same young prime Mosley but it's like all of a sudden a problem for Canelo to fight him but it was cool when Floyd and Pac did.

I might be biased because I'm a Canelo fan but come on the kid is only 21 and if he and his team had it their way they would be fighting Mayweather... After this fight he should take on Kirkland though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Everyone seems to be dismissing Mosley because of his previous 2 loses. But the man's last fight was Pac and one before Mora was Mayweather. Now sure the Mora performance was really bad, but other than that we can't dismiss him because he lost to the two top dogs of the sport. It was 4 fights ago that he knock Margarito the fuck out. Sure he's not the same young prime Mosley but it's like all of a sudden a problem for Canelo to fight him but it was cool when Floyd and Pac did.

I might be biased because I'm a Canelo fan but come on the kid is only 21 and if he and his team had it their way they would be fighting Mayweather... After this fight he should take on Kirkland though.
    it's not a bash on Canelo, if it were Berto taking on Mosley right now he would be getting criticism as well, he's getting flack for it not because Mosley lost to Mayweather and Pacquiao, rather more so to how he looked in both fights, he was slow, lethargic, and not even willing to let his hands go, what makes you think he's going to do so with a larger, stronger, younger opponent? the Margarito win was almost 3 yrs ago and it's clear that that is gonna go down as Mosley's last great performance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post

You have a good point. Mosley is no push over. He has a good chance against Alvarez. I think people are irritated because he has been inactive for a while and does not seem as relevant as the others currently in the top of the devision.
    I personally would like to see him fight either Kirkland, Cotto or Margarito.
    If Alvarez beats Cotto and another one of the two I have mentioned I would have him move up to middle weight and fight Martinez.
    That would be my plan. He needs to prove himself against the top in the devision before he moves up to fight Martinez.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When's Mosley going to stop getting these pay days!he's just going to go into this fight in survival mode from the off.av got a feeling he could maybe get stopped this time! This fight is purely just to give canelo a so called big name on this record. A want to c this guy tested. Give us a competitive match up kirkland or even Chavez junior.

Thread Information