Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Elite Squad 2

I'm getting a little bit better so today I downloaded some films.

One, that I had never heard of, and has the worst title ever, namely Elite Squad 2 turned out to be amazing, easily the best film I've watched this year.

It's a subtitled Brazilian film and it's really really fucking good

Definitely worth downloading.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Elite Squad 2

They have the entire film on You Tube? That's pretty handy. I might well give it a run after getting through what I have downloaded. I am currently working my way through the IMDB database top 250 films and will not rest until I have watched them all. I must second you on the terrible, terrible title of the film. Nobody is going to look at the title and think 'Right, that is a subtitled Brazilian film that I am really dying to see'. Awful name.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a must watch mate. 8.2 on IMDb and I bet it gets shortlisted at the Oscars for best foreign film. It's all about the drug trade and police corruption in Brazil and this police chief's creation of an assault squad to clean the evil off the streets. There's also a liberal peace guy exactly like you who you can root for.

Actually yesterday was possibly my best ever film day as afterwards Real Steel came on the net. It's basically Rocky with robots and fucking ace. Might watch it again today.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will watch it and it better be good. My last vacation was great in that I had free time, but I really had no idea what to do with it, so this holiday I am just trying to be better. Films have to be a part of that as eyes get tired reading and there are loads of great films I haven't seen. Films are great for evening time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope you watch it mate, you won't regret it, if you have an appreciation for violence and corruption.

Also Real Steel was brillaint. The feel good movie of the year. Fucking loved every second of it and will watch it again this week for sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

One, that I had never heard of, and has the worst title ever, namely Elite Squad 2 turned out to be amazing, easily the best film I've watched this year.

Have you see the first one? That was also really good. Not seen the 2nd one yet but will download it tonight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Have you see the first one? That was also really good. Not seen the 2nd one yet but will download it tonight.
    No I havent, I had never heard of them until a few days ago. I thought the title sounded so bad, like some really low budget independently made Xbox game or something, but I grabbed it anyway as being bedridden it's not as if I can't take a chance on a poor movie. I've got the time and sleep 18 hours a day anyway right now so if it sucked all I would do is close my eyes.

But it didn't, I thought it was superb. Really violent and gritty, ton of intrigue, a thoroughly nasty set of bad guys. Loved it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've seen City of God and City of Men though haven't you? You feeling better?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a must watch mate. 8.2 on IMDb and I bet it gets shortlisted at the Oscars for best foreign film. It's all about the drug trade and police corruption in Brazil and this police chief's creation of an assault squad to clean the evil off the streets. There's also a liberal peace guy exactly like you who you can root for.
    I watched a documentary on sbs2 the other night of the exact same thing but its for real,the cameras went with locals gangs as well as a preacher whos an ex gang leader himself who drives into the worse places and front these killers and offers them a way out through his church and respect of others above position and money he lines them up and gets them to pray for themselves ,its so ballsy they are armed and he is in a suit and they dont know him from shit. Then the cameras go chat with two leading detectives then film with the police who go deep in on a raid,who lose a top man from a sniper in the gettos,poor bastard lives for a few weeks with half a brain first. One gang leader is living a half half existence between God and support of his family and fear of being over run if he changes 100% and so he cant throw his old habits he gets killed in a bad way.

Wish I taped it. Keep your eye out for it,its horrific.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information