Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spurs looking good for at least 3rd place.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spurs looking good for at least 3rd place.

They have in my family.

When they won the Fa cup in the 60s ? my great uncle sent me a badge from the game I've still got it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    They have in my family.

When they won the Fa cup in the 60s ? my great uncle sent me a badge from the game I've still got it.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre make up some connection to Liverpool, we will love you for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    They have in my family.

Thats a great song .

So how many of their players are/were actually from Liverpool?

(See thats where I get confused over all the heart felt stuff that goes along with the rest of the bullshit these fans buy into.)

I can explain it.

El Kabong Guest

Your point Andre?

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have in my family.

Any real Scouser would be ashamed of the cockney's weak singing on that lame excuse for a football song. A football song about the European cup not the FA cup

I so fucking hate the Premiership.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greenbeanz does have a point the players today are total wankers, falling about, getting people sent off and over paid cheating scumbags but other than that they are ok.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your point Andre?
    Really?

Ok , Ive never quite got how fans of a club from a specific area that they live in or follow religiously; who hang shit on other teams or fans: Haven't even got one player that actually lives in that area or at times is even from the same country or area that they so patriotically follow.

Theses fans have fighting wars with other fans over their false local patriotism.

Its ridiculous and a form of insanity. "Our mercenaries are better than your mercenaries!"

I can explain it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Any real Scouser would be ashamed of the cockney's weak singing on that lame excuse for a football song. A football song about the European cup not the FA cup

I so fucking hate the Premiership.
    The European Cup is bigger, it's more important....however we've won the FA Cup 7 times, does that make you happier?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your point Andre?
    Really?

Ok , Ive never quite got how fans of a club from a specific area that they live in or follow religiously; who hang shit on other teams or fans: Haven't even got one player that actually lives in that area or at times is even from the same country or area that they so patriotically follow.

Theses fans have fighting wars with other fans over their false local patriotism.

Its ridiculous and a form of insanity. "Our mercenaries are better than your mercenaries!"
    True

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harry is an overhyped, media constructed, soon to be England and fail miserably, tax evading type of manager that will never get 1st spot.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong if you are a Tottenham Fan from that side of London or a Liverpool fan from Liverpool etc I have no problem with clubs like these fighting for a place at the top of division 1 in the football league and plying their trade in Europe. The Premiership though has become so disconnected from league football that it's culture of protectionism were even relegated teams get a massive payout and the inflated ridiculous wages payed to players filters down and destroys smaller clubs many of whom have a longer history than the protected premiership.

Standing on a terrace week in and out with the wind and rain blowing in your face, shouting in unison at the travelling opposition and walking to and from your home ground or the one you are visiting with thousands of your own supporters is an experience many so called fans of Premiership fans will never have. It is what being a fan is all about. The camaraderie and banter the sense of sticking together. The whole thing came to a head this week when someone I know on facebook posted an offensive pic of My own clubs logo on mypage cause he thought it was funny. Thing is he is a supposed Man Utd supporter. Turns out,like me he was born in my city and couldn't see the sadness of laughing at his own hometown football clubs demise. what a twat
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Steve Gerrard, Jamie Carragher....SCOUSE. Martin Kelly, Jon Flanagan, Jay Spearing, Conor Coady...all Merseysiders!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liverpool winning 3-1 oldham.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your point Andre?
    Really?

Fans don't generally fight other fans anymore and if they do it is away from the stadium and "the shirts" or general football fans are left out of it. It's not all about where your players are from all though having a few local lads does make a difference, the point is they represent your area, your town or city, your manor. It is like an extended family and often the fact that you have been through so many lows over the years makes the highs even greater. It is not false local patriotism it is real passion and pride. Yes it is a form of insanity but so is going into a ring and punching people in the head for a living. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. The high of shouting till your hoarse and willing your team on, often against the odds and the group elation of acting like a lunatic and celebrating with thousands of other usually undemonstrative men bonds you together. It may be ridiculous but going to a big club with 40 000 followers and out singing them with 3000 is a real buzz, and yeah some players are mercenaries, but when they are gone the club will go on and generations of fans will pass that passion on to the next. It's completely irrational and that is why we love it.

"Come on you Greens"
    Hidden Content

Thread Information