Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: im looking forward to a floyd-canelo matchup!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default im looking forward to a floyd-canelo matchup!!

it seems that this fight is gonna happen.
    honestly i would be more worried for floyd with canelo than i would be for pac.
    canelo is a great boxer,his defense is decent,and he'd be the naturally bigger man.

i dont see anyone at 147 or at 154 who is a better or smarter flat out boxer than canelo is besides floyd.i know he's young and he seems pretty hittable,but i honestly believe that given his physical abilities he stands a better chance at beating floyd than pac does.
    canelo does everything better than pac and he's the naturally bigger man.

even if floyd beats canelo i see him beating guys like pac and cotto because they wouldn't have a great defense to hide behind like floyd does.i can easily see canelo beating pac or cotto but i know he wont be floyd.i've been saying for awhile now that canelo and martinez are floyd's toughest fights because they are somewhere near his level skillwise.

well they aren't there,but they are a lost closer than cotto and pac and that's a fact.
    canelo seems to be the total package and he doesn't have any real weaknesses besides the competition he's been facing(or lack thereof).if floyd doesn't fight sergio or canelo i agree that guerrero would be somewhat of a waste of time though he's also extremely talented...

thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: im looking forward to a floyd-canelo matchup!!

Quote Originally Posted by moemoney253 View Post
    canelo is a great boxer,his defense is decent,and he'd be the naturally bigger man.

i dont see anyone at 147 or at 154 who is a better or smarter flat out boxer than canelo is besides floyd.i know he's young and he seems pretty hittable,but i honestly believe that given his physical abilities he stands a better chance at beating floyd than pac does.

even if floyd beats canelo i see him beating guys like pac and cotto because they wouldn't have a great defense to hide behind like floyd does.i can easily see canelo beating pac or cotto but i know he wont be floyd.i've been saying for awhile now that canelo and martinez are floyd's toughest fights because they are somewhere near his level skillwise.

well they aren't there,but they are a lost closer than cotto and pac and that's a fact.
    canelo seems to be the total package and he doesn't have any real weaknesses besides the competition he's been facing(or lack thereof).if floyd doesn't fight sergio or canelo i agree that guerrero would be somewhat of a waste of time though he's also extremely talented...

thoughts?
    i think you're *seriously* overrating alvarez, who has never even been in with a world class fighter (a shot cintron doesn't count) and was losing to alphonso gomez before he got that gift stoppage. i would pick cotto and lara to beat alvarez for sure. i'd pick pac to beat him as well.

fight @ 154 vs. martinez is the only non-Pac fight I have any interest in seeing with Floyd.

i guess this is at least slightly better than a fight against 135 lb. guerero though.

fuck bob arum

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by moemoney253 View Post

thoughts?
    Canelo's too green yet, Floyd would pick him apart even with his size advantage. The only fight that will be a true challenge is Martinez and even he gets beat at 154. Guerrero is definitely a waste of time, rather see Bradley in there. I would like to see him fight Pac because of all the hype.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd probably will not go up to 154, but if he did then he would fight Canelo rather than risk fighting Martinez.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's either Cotto at 154 because Cotto will be the second to Pacman in popularity and money generator. Besides Cotto, Peterson will get the nod. Hes a young lion. In which Pacman will not face a prime fighter. Martinez at 154 will be third.

We first got to wait to see if Arum going to have Pacman fight a stablemate

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id sooner see Miguel take home a massive wad of cash before he retires he deserves it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Id sooner see Miguel take home a massive wad of cash before he retires he deserves it.
    I agree, of course.

Hey, Miguel is not under contract with Top Rank, and does have his own promotional company, so there's no reason he can't work with Al Haymon himself. Cotto is the 3rd largest PPV draw, so obviously it would be the best economic scenario for Mayweather, and I'm sure he needs the money to pay for all his lawyers and the IRS.

And in NO WAY is Canelo ready to step into the ring with Mayweather. Nobody should be ok with this fight. Mayweather just had a gimme with Ortiz, so he should be stepping up to the plate himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree, of course.

Hey, Miguel is not under contract with Top Rank, and does have his own promotional company, so there's no reason he can't work with Al Haymon himself. Cotto is the 3rd largest PPV draw, so obviously it would be the best economic scenario for Mayweather, and I'm sure he needs the money to pay for all his lawyers and the IRS.

And in NO WAY is Canelo ready to step into the ring with Mayweather. Nobody should be ok with this fight. Mayweather just had a gimme with Ortiz, so he should be stepping up to the plate himself.
    Would you want Miguel to step into the ring with Floyd?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree, of course.

Would you want Miguel to step into the ring with Floyd?
    Why wouldn't I? I kind of thought that I made that obvious.

I think Cotto/Mayweather, or hell even Martinez/Mayweather, would be a hell of a lot better fights than Mayweather against either Canelo or Guerrero. Don't you? When is the last time that Mayweather really faced a serious challenge? Seriously.... when?

Will Miguel win? I think he can, with the right game plan, but if he doesn't, no shame in losing to one of the best in the game. I also think he's earned the right to a big fight a hell of a lot more than those other two.

Thread Information