Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NFL Playoffs

Well... the first day of Wild Card Playoffs is over and the Saints and the Texans won. Too bad about the Saints. I was kinda rooting for the Lions on that one. Tomorrow is the Giants-Falcons, and the Steelers-Broncos.

Now that my own Fantasy Football league is over, I can now concentrate on my favorite team, rather than my individual players.

My personal favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Have been a Steelers fan for a long time. Got to liking them when they beat the Dallas Cowboys twice in Super Bowls. I've never liked the Cowboys. Especially this business a while back of them calling themselves "America's Team". The nerve.

I know most people on here probably prefer soccer (or football), as I know you all call it. But American football is my favorite team sport, and January is my favorite month, with the playoffs and all.

My prediction for this year? In the NFC it just looks like Green Bay vs. New Orleans for the Conference championship. I'd probably go with Green Bay again, just because Rodgers is having such an awesome year. In the AFC, who knows. Pittsburgh has the great defense, but they're getting up there in age... and their offense depends pretty much on Roethlisberger's health. Baltimore can't be ignored, and of course the Patriots could end up in the Super Bowl also.

Who's you all's favorite teams?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL Playoffs

Geeeez, what a relief. I was wondering where all the forum NFL fans were. Problem is I first posted this thread in the "Let's Get it On" board. It was gonna die a slow death there.

But back to football..... today's games should be superb. Pittsburgh should definitely do a number on Tebow and the Broncos. If there's any potential upset this week, it's the Falcons at Giants. Giants are hot lately.... but you never know about little Eli. He could torch the Falcons, or he could revert back to his inconsistent form and stink up the joint. Meanwhile, the Falcons are no slouches themselves. Should be a fantastic game.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL Playoffs

My team is the Raiders and if we had won the last game of the season, we would be in the playoffs and not the Donkeys.

I think the NFCCG could be between GB and San Fran, New Orleans is 0-4 on the road in playoff games. That team doesn't play well outside of their dome. I think the Steelers will win today but they are really banged up right now.

Thread Information