Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pavlik restarting Career, going to CA? too late dumbass....

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik restarting Career, going to CA? too late dumbass....

I was a Pavlik fan, but after issue after issue, one can only support someone for so long before the bullshit gets to you....

Pavlik now wants to go to CA to train with Robert Garcia to get his career back on track?

Sorry dude, but the damage has been done. You are no longer the beast you were back when you were serious. Your actions/addictions have reduced yourself to journeyman status. I don't think even the best trainer in the world could help you now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik restarting Career, going to CA? too late dumbass....

I agree, if he would have left Youngstown after the last issue he may have had a chance. At this point i think it's too late. How many times can you attempt to restart your career

El Kabong Guest

Restarting his career with Robert Garcia too, the trainer of such brainiacs as Brandon Rios and Antonio Margarito

I am not a Kelly Pavlik fan, I never really cared for the guy although I knew he had the goods. It seems to me Kelly is a one trick pony, he used size and strength to bully his opponents and when a more skillful boxer actually decided to BOX him then he got flummuxed and the blue print was written. I dobn't think someone like Robert Garcia gives Kelly any new boxing ability or new technique, I think Garcia is a guy who just gets fighters in shape and gets them to brawl. Garcia is good for pressure fighters, but those guys have the clock working against them, very VERY few pressure fighters have long careers.

That being said, I hope Pavlik comes back to a form good enough to warrant a fight vs Abraham...because I do want to see Kelly KO'd

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight Fan, I hear you on this and I agree that Kelly's days as a top level boxer are gone. Lyle has always been negative on Pavlik. However, there are fights that could be fun depending on how Kelly looks when he gets back. Lyle mentioned Abraham. Frankly, it may be passed it's due date by a couple of years, but it's still a marketable fight especially on the undercard. Another fight, and I'm serious here, I think would be a good one, depending on how Kelly looks, is against Carl Froch. They are just going to have keep Kelly away from movers. That's it.

As we've said in the past, the problem with Kelly Pavlik is that he was bigger than guys at middleweight and he used his size to impose himself. He says he'll be fighting above 160 from this point on, I just don't see him having the same success against guys who are as big as he is.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may have as much to do with restarting career as it does himself. He has bigger demons to slay and say what you want about Garcia and Rios man-child issues, I don't think he wastes time on Pavlik if he's not sure he's keeping straight and all. First and foremost Pavlik needs to go twelve steps before he considers going twelve rounds. Boxing wise I don't think he can do too much as the blue prints out on him and tons of miles have been put on but if he finds focus and direction in what remains, all the power too him. Shit, he left Youngtown and broke cycle...round 1 Pavlik I don't think that with a clear head that he doubts his ability to get back up but he needs to be matched right, smart. Don't kid yourself and think your that powerhouse your were built up to be and go getting thrown into the grinder, higher weight, for the sake of name and filling a resume.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember Scott Harrison, moving to Spain but he ended up in jail.?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pavlik was really overated and really over achieved at best his talent would make him a fringe contender
    think happy thoughts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YIDDLE View Post
    pavlik was really overated and really over achieved at best his talent would make him a fringe contender
    What the hell was Jermain then?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to like him a lot back in the days, he was a 1-2 puncher but he was humble, never over his head and in the ring, he was fighting, not just rolling around. His personal issues seem to have reached quite a peak though, not sure how he did damage his body in the process but I am sure that his mind is quite fragile now. I am REALLY not a fan of the Oxnard crew neither, I wish Rios get knocked out soon and that Margarito gets a one way exit ticket from the ring as soon as it can be done. I do wish Pavlik all the best though, even if he lost me as a fan. Too late, probably but at least, he's doing something, which many aren't.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Fight Fan, I hear you on this and I agree that Kelly's days as a top level boxer are gone. Lyle has always been negative on Pavlik. However, there are fights that could be fun depending on how Kelly looks when he gets back. Lyle mentioned Abraham. Frankly, it may be passed it's due date by a couple of years, but it's still a marketable fight especially on the undercard. Another fight, and I'm serious here, I think would be a good one, depending on how Kelly looks, is against Carl Froch. They are just going to have keep Kelly away from movers. That's it.

As we've said in the past, the problem with Kelly Pavlik is that he was bigger than guys at middleweight and he used his size to impose himself. He says he'll be fighting above 160 from this point on, I just don't see him having the same success against guys who are as big as he is.
    I haven't ALWAYS been negative about him, I am just not a fan of his. I was a fan of Jermain Taylor and I thought JT got robbed in the rematch.

As for exciting fights for Kelly north of 160...Tavoris Cloud!!! Dirrell would be hhorrible for him, as would Ward...Kessler might be good, Abraham, Froch...maybe Bute would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I haven't ALWAYS been negative about him, I am just not a fan of his. I was a fan of Jermain Taylor and I thought JT got robbed in the rematch.

As for exciting fights for Kelly north of 160...Tavoris Cloud!!! Dirrell would be hhorrible for him, as would Ward...Kessler might be good, Abraham, Froch...maybe Bute would be a good fight.
    You and your Tavoris Cloud. After seeing how easy a time with Glen Johnson, Bute had, it makes me wonder how good Tavoris Cloud really is. But, against Pavlik, are you crazy? That's a horrible idea for Pavlik. As you said, Kessler, Abraham, Froch, even Sturm, all are good fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik should train in Utah, they have the strictest liquor laws and that could be good for him.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

You and your Tavoris Cloud. After seeing how easy a time with Glen Johnson, Bute had, it makes me wonder how good Tavoris Cloud really is. But, against Pavlik, are you crazy? That's a horrible idea for Pavlik. As you said, Kessler, Abraham, Froch, even Sturm, all are good fights.
    Cloud would massacre Pavlik! Johnson cut weight to fight Bute....Bute is a dainty little flower that hasn't fought any of the top 6 fighters at 168...sure he's up on the list himself, but not having participated in the Super 6 tells me he's either selfish or doesn't want to be tested.

...sorry I for one WANT to see Pavlik knocked the fuck out

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Cloud would massacre Pavlik! Johnson cut weight to fight Bute....Bute is a dainty little flower that hasn't fought any of the top 6 fighters at 168...sure he's up on the list himself, but not having participated in the Super 6 tells me he's either selfish or doesn't want to be tested.

...sorry I for one WANT to see Pavlik knocked the fuck out
    Your always on about Tavoris Cloud Lyle

He is a tough, good, determined fighter. But I don't know if he beats everyone out there. Bute might could outbox him. I have little doubt he'd crush Pavlik though.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YIDDLE View Post
    What the hell was Jermain then?

beating taylor is not a really big win if you are being honest is it
    think happy thoughts

Thread Information