Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tyson Fury no comment on David Price?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury no comment on David Price?

I started talking about this is another thread but I think it deserves its own one. There has been no comment so far at all on from Fury about Price and if he wants to fight him. Somebody posted that he was due to fight in january but isn't and I havent read any news about him of late. I wonder whats going on? Price is very keen for this fight to happen, and I personally think its the biggest heavyweight fight to be made in Britain this year. I hope it happens!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should happen and I really hope it does but I would not be surprised if Fury ducks Price on the premise that he is due a bigger fight on another level. Price seems to have dynamite in his hands and however big a flaw his supposedly dodgy chin is I think he can demolish anyone in the UK heavyweight scene at the moment.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury no comment on David Price?

Yes I do think Price has got talent, Ive been really impressed with him. I dont know if Fury would shy away from the fight though, but as you said if a big fight comes across he might take that. I dont think he should though, hes not ready to launch himself on the world scene. Hes only 23 and has got a lot more time on his hands compared with Price at 29. I think he should stay domestic in 2012, maybe fight a decent euro level fighter or maybe a washed up American. I think Fury himself needs a test before a Price showdown, because going off the last performances Price would handle Fury within 3 rounds.

But there has been no comment or word from Fury to my knowledge in 2012, he didnt say much after his last fight either. I wonder if he is doing ok though, somebody said his twitter had gone? I wonder if he has had some bother? Price has been doing a lot of talking about Fury since his win at the weekend and still there hasn't been anything from Fury or Hennessy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schedule calender // Hennessy Sports in association with Channel 5

Look at Henneseys fight calendar. Its emptier than a tramps bank account.

I read a story that Furys baby boy nearly died a couple months back, 60/40 on its chances or something like that. Maybe hes taking some time out with family for a while. Just a guess though.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats very sad new for Fury if correct, and you can fully understand why hes not fighting or said anything if that is the case. Hopefully we can here from him soon, hes always entertaining and I have no doubt that he would accept Price's challenge. Hes not the type of guy to keep quite if somebody offers him a fight or says something about him. We will see hopefully in the near future.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As we all know Fury has a big mouth , he has said many times he can beat the brothers grim , which is a joke.
    Facts are , Fury has very little power , he is far to open , he has limited stamina and as his last fight goes his chin inst that strong.
    He will fail very soon , he just has an eyebrow raising name , thats about the best thing about him as far as the media goes.
    If he was called Rupert Poncemby Flowerbridge he wouldnt have had the media following him with such enthusiasm.
    Fury lost to Fat John , but he has already had a gift from the judges.
    Price would beat him im sure.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    As we all know Fury has a big mouth , he has said many times he can beat the brothers grim , which is a joke.
    Facts are , Fury has very little power , he is far to open , he has limited stamina and as his last fight goes his chin inst that strong.
    He will fail very soon , he just has an eyebrow raising name , thats about the best thing about him as far as the media goes.
    If he was called Rupert Poncemby Flowerbridge he wouldnt have had the media following him with such enthusiasm.
    Rupert Poncemby Flowerbridge. Sweet name. I think a trip to deed pole is in order.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Yes I do think Price has got talent, Ive been really impressed with him. I dont know if Fury would shy away from the fight though, but as you said if a big fight comes across he might take that. I dont think he should though, hes not ready to launch himself on the world scene. Hes only 23 and has got a lot more time on his hands compared with Price at 29. I think he should stay domestic in 2012, maybe fight a decent euro level fighter or maybe a washed up American. I think Fury himself needs a test before a Price showdown, because going off the last performances Price would handle Fury within 3 rounds.

But there has been no comment or word from Fury to my knowledge in 2012, he didnt say much after his last fight either. I wonder if he is doing ok though, somebody said his twitter had gone? I wonder if he has had some bother? Price has been doing a lot of talking about Fury since his win at the weekend and still there hasn't been anything from Fury or Hennessy?
    Sticking up for Fury here but dont go off the McDermott fight alone! Ok, Fury has shown he can be hurt but this is all experience. Hes come through it and its toughening him up. Hes taking on unknown quantities from other countries that are known punchers. His first foght with McDermott was only 9 months in to his career! Price waited 3 years for a 3 year older version! Fury stopped him in the second fight which shows his progression. He also has shown he can beat fairly comfortably someone that Helenius struggled badly and got a gift against, after Chisora had to travel to boot!

Price wouldnt be taking on Furys last 4 opponents any time soon, he'll stick to familiar British journeymen. All this calling Fury out, if he did come out and accept, I think Price would bottle it! Look at the activity of the 2 fighters over the last year and going by that, (4 fights, 3 with unbeaten records, and the pnly one he didnt knockout was the one that is challenging Vitali Klitschko in his next fight!) youd have to say that Fury has taken the more chances and has had the by far tougher fights and has won them all. This pales a win over McDermott in comparrison!

I dont know whats going on with Fury right now but if the fight does come off, I think Fury out toughs Price who will struggle as his opponents get stronger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

Sticking up for Fury here but dont go off the McDermott fight alone! Ok, Fury has shown he can be hurt but this is all experience. Hes come through it and its toughening him up. Hes taking on unknown quantities from other countries that are known punchers. His first foght with McDermott was only 9 months in to his career! Price waited 3 years for a 3 year older version! Fury stopped him in the second fight which shows his progression. He also has shown he can beat fairly comfortably someone that Helenius struggled badly and got a gift against, after Chisora had to travel to boot!

Price wouldnt be taking on Furys last 4 opponents any time soon, he'll stick to familiar British journeymen. All this calling Fury out, if he did come out and accept, I think Price would bottle it! Look at the activity of the 2 fighters over the last year and going by that, (4 fights, 3 with unbeaten records, and the pnly one he didnt knockout was the one that is challenging Vitali Klitschko in his next fight!) youd have to say that Fury has taken the more chances and has had the by far tougher fights and has won them all. This pales a win over McDermott in comparrison!

I dont know whats going on with Fury right now but if the fight does come off, I think Fury out toughs Price who will struggle as his opponents get stronger.
    Price will hammer Fury. Fury is a complete joke and Chisora isn't far behind. If Chisora had trained for Fury like he did Helenius it would have been a different story but he can train all he wants for Price the result will be the same, Price would take him out. To be a world level boxer you have to be a good athlete too, neither Chisora or Fury have that attribute Price on the other hand looks and fights like an athlete. I can't wait until Price and Fury do face off and I can see the pikey sparked clean out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dissagree. I think Price will struggle, if he ever gets put up against an unknown, unbeaten, big punching import. He will be fine with the tired old British journeymen like John McDermott, who doesnt even train!

I do agree Chisora MIGHT have done better if he had trained harder but thats his fault and Chisora will do better at world level than Price because he can avoid getting hit. I quite like his skill at avoiding punches. The only thing that really hurts Chisora (as well as his training habbits) is his lack of a big punch.

I do think he will give Vitali problems as well. I can see Vitali being made to work and possibly retiring between rounds later on. Price is known to have a poor chin which is why he hasnt been pushed as hard as Fury has

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I don't agree about the power, stamina or chin part. I think he's demonstrated power in a lot of his fights, especially his last one when he knocked him down twice after being on the floor himself and taking a lot of shots. I think that proves his chin because a lot of those shots he was taking especially the knockdown would have ended a lot of fights IMO. Fury battled through and got the win and moves on.

Why do you think he has no stamina? He went 12 tough rounds
    With Chisora I think he can go 12 rounds If he needs to.

As for McDermott he might have got an easy first fight but he dealt with him in the rematch . McDermott was washed up before price had him
    And when he came in at a career high weight and the fight being in Liverpool it was inevitable the knockout for price would come early!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gentlemen, speaking of tall British heavyweights, am I naive to be a fan of Rirchard Towers more than Fury and Price? I acknowledge that Towers is behind them in development, but is there more potential with Towers? Who promotes Towers by the way?

Towers tells a funny story about gonig back into prison with Brendan Ingle for an exhibition fight here.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-25-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury seems unfocused and his last fight was his worst performance. He needs to get his head together before stepping in the ring and getting beat by a journeyman. When he is right and motivated he would beat Price.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information