Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Star Trek v Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    While I liked their encounter with the Borg- the way they are constructed as a collective whole, that was pretty cool. But Why in the world or universe did the writers make their vessel look like a square flying garbage cargo.

I laughed when they showed it gaining speed on the enterprise. A square spaceship, really?

Well, there is no friction in space is there? So a square spaceship would be just as aerodynamic as any other shape.

Arguably, the Borg would have made their spaceships spherical as that shape has the lowest surface area compared to volume. Still, they probably know best, you can't argue with five Wimbledons.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youtube has a good collection of the STNG cast reunions and open questions, they comes across as a close cast and they did learn to have a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disney with at least 7 spin offs or Mandalorian related series in the works right now. That is just nuts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​I wonder how long the horse can be flogged before or does, maybe until the very last ounce of blood has been removed from it?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it stays as good as Mandalorian then it should carry on. The final episode was a classic.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give credit to the original writers had the hand held communicator decades before the hand held wireless phone, yet the 90s writers (though i prefer next generation) couldnt figure out that video could be used?

Every time they beam down to a planet they got to describe shit back to the bridge, what for? They knew about beta and vhs, why not smoke a joint and get creative...damn.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    The character Q was fascinated with humanity and was at the start and end of Generations series. He pretended he hated our life form but protected it when it was needed.
    Lt. Tasha Yarde or Counselor Troi?
    Counselor Troi, that beautiful face with that rounds ass made a perfect combination.
    Yeah, and so many episodes where they show her with the ill camel toe! Not for kids!
    Yet I got to say Tasha...as fine as Deeana is...no wonder she was a bitch. Sultry voice, but always some Betazoid Bitch type shit coming out her mouth. I know what you're thinking...yeah...I wanna get a piece. and then step on, no time to hear that snootiness. Damn how serene her voice is when she speaks!

And Data's creator was a freak to program to do (MULTIPLE) TECHNIQUES. This aint no damn show for kids! Trekkies got beat their meat too.

I also like the episode where they beam down to that orgy planet.

Last edited by SlimTrae; 02-15-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She's a freaky looking momma, but I got to agree, Counselor Troi is a fine mamacita!

At 1st I thought Leah Brahms was decent looking, but i got to say she is attractive as well

"everytime you touch this system...its me" Boy I loved that line...
    Cold Busted!

Last edited by SlimTrae; 02-21-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How far did you go Jordi? Was it good for you?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.thewrap.com/all-39-star-...wesley-photos/

Anyonne have a fav or least fav list? I was kinda suprised to see the kid wonder Wesly crusher making the most hated list as in the link above.

another surprise was that Tasha Yar ranked as loathable (in some Trekkie) circles.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/05...rek-characters

Some lists placed Picard #1 loved, others state Capt Kirk.

I am pleased to see I am not alone in disliking the character Q- or as stated; Q was like a hemorrhoid with arms and legs.

My top Star Trek Characters are from the original cast and the Enterprise, haven't seen enough of the other series.

1. Captain Kirk (he's the Ali of Star Trek!)
    2. Data -His character was how I started watching the series (a decade late) I liked the episode where Tasha Yar gets some android dingaling. Data told her he had several techniques he could put on her!

3. Picard. Just a cool old dude. Can't really get into the Piccard series. Becoming a Borg was a pretty cool episode.

4. Geordi Laforge. Dude said he was the only man who couldn't even score on a holideck!

5. Dr. Spock. No particular episode, he was always cool from an emotional disconnect standpoint.

If I had to place character I didnt care for, Q is at the top or bottom.
    He looks like humans, but detests them, all of his ways, his emotions are spot on-human, he's a master hypocrite. And the episode where he loses his powers.
    Data consoled him and offered the counselors go to for depression: chocolate.

Here this guys knows about human culture dating back to the 1600s ( thousand years ago?)...yet he never heard of chocolate, give me a break.

And I just noticed they recycle some characters the chick that slept with Worf- also played several roles, I can tell by her long/slim face.

I'm on the fence with Worf. seems like everytime he talked of his warrior upbringing (not sure how, since he was a child raised by russian humans) yet he took more ass whoopings than he gave out. Hard to take him as a serious warrior- especially the episode where he wanted to commit suicide, talk about a conflicted script writer for this dude.

Some entity took over Couneslor Troi's body and threw Worf into a wall, by the flick of her wrist. Worf is a cool character, but again- they gave him too many beatdowns for me to think he was anything of a fighter.

Some old dude whooped him- again because an alien took over the body and another episode where Wesly Crusher fell for an alien posing as a female and her grandmother/guardian also whooped Worf. Dude got beat down by an elderly man, elderly woman and Troi...because their bodies were possessed.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and got his ass whooped in an elevator by data's evil twin brother.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You bring back good memories for me. I did like Captain Kirk but after watching again he got the alien women and was unbeatable which was too much. In reality his dick should have fallen off.

Picard and next generation was my favourite. Diana Troi was the one to watch. Loved Q, Worf, and Data as characters and storyline.

Voyager turned out to be my favourite series and Captain Jainway was a strong character. Seven of Nine was hot.

Never got into the other spin offs.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could never get into Star Trek. Started with wrath of khan and thought it was shite.

That one where they went back in time with the whales was ok mind.

The mandolorian was the best thing since ROTJ. Fact. I had low expectations and as Master said the final episode blew me away. I felt like my 11 year old self again watching ROTJ for the first time I was that giddy.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reboot Chris Pine Star Trek movie with Khan played by Benedict Cumberbatch is the best of their 3 movies.

Thread Information