Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Are you for or against same sex "marriage"?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Same sex marriage

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Same sex marriage

I don't know what it's like in Canada, the UK/Europe/Australia, and the rest of the World but this has been a really big issue here in the U.S..

Call me homophobic or whatever, but to my way of thinking gays and lesbians are mentally fucked up, disgusting pieces of shit and marriage is between a man and a woman.

I'm not trying to debate this, i'd just like to hear some opinions.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 02-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say let them marry, if its two adults who cares, doesn't affect me in the least bit. Then again ima let me be ima let you be type of guy and really could care lss about what anyone does if it doesn't involve me

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Same sex marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I don't know what it's like in Canada, the UK/Europe/Australia, and the rest of the World but this has been a really big issue here in the U.S..

Call me homophobic or whatever, but to my way of thinking gays and lesbians are mentally fucked up, disgusting pieces of shit and marriage is between a man and a woman.

Funny, after reading this I would say the same thing about you...

Moving this to the 100+ board.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is such a non-issue to me. Marriage is a religious institute that the government has co-opted. The government needs to get out of the marriage business all together. Leave marriage to the religious institutions. There should be no reason why two consenting adults cannot enter into a contractual public union so the government sees them as a single entity regarding taxes and legal matters.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a terrible thing to say, like plants some people are actually born in between like a hermaphrodite.

I once thought like you do and it was from listening to my parents and peers which I now realize was a weakness on my part in wanting to blend with the general consensus. So there is hope for you .

To say Gays cannot experience and share love, because of something so trivial as sexual orientation is actually a contradiction in itself and proves that real love, not lust love, can and does exist only outside of all judgments.

Some gays are also celebrate.

There are many people who also see the gay scene as a fashion accessory to a lifestyle and sexually view an ass an ass in regards to their habits etc and find that deplorable, but to single out someones real love for another is worse in my eyes.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not religious, but I am married and for me marriage has nothing to do with religion.

I'm all for anyone that wants to spend their life with someone else and gender is irrelevant to that. If you love each other and are willing to commit, then that is enough. Male/male, male/female, female/female. They are all perfectly fine IMO.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember in school learning to read, Janet and John book 1 Simple, same sex marriage why talk
    about it all of us on this forum, are here from a Male and Female mating simple.!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No big issue let them do what they want to show their commitment, it also helps them when someone dies as there are legal rights within the marriage that couples living together do not have.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    This is such a non-issue to me. Marriage is a religious institute that the government has co-opted. The government needs to get out of the marriage business all together. Leave marriage to the religious institutions. There should be no reason why two consenting adults cannot enter into a contractual public union so the government sees them as a single entity regarding taxes and legal matters.

This is exactly my view. From a legal and right's point of view I am in favour of everybody having the same legal rights.

But 'marriage' is a religious ceremony and it should be entirely up to each religion to conduct ceremonies according to their own beliefs.

I don't see how homosexuals can marry in any Christian sense though, it's clearly forbidden in the Bible and even if the ceremony is carried out it's not valid.

I also don't understand why a man marrying another man is somehow acceptable in the eyes of most whereas a brother marrying his sister, or another brother would not be. The same with a man taking two wives, or even a man marrying a goat.

They are all as weird as each other imo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Funny, after reading this I would say the same thing about you...

Moving this to the 100+ board.
    Sorry if my opinion offends you Josh. I could care less what people do sexually, but I draw the line when it turns into a "lifestyle". It's not the sexual deviation that bothers me, it's the whole gay mentality thing that goes along with it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No big issue let them do what they want to show their commitment, it also helps them when someone dies as there are legal rights within the marriage that couples living together do not have.
    "Marriage" is between a man and a woman, they can call it a legal union or whatever, but it's not a marriage.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

That is a terrible thing to say, like plants some people are actually born in between like a hermaphrodite.

I once thought like you do and it was from listening to my parents and peers which I now realize was a weakness on my part in wanting to blend with the general consensus. So there is hope for you .

To say Gays cannot experience and share love, because of something so trivial as sexual orientation is actually a contradiction in itself and proves that real love, not lust love, can and does exist only outside of all judgments.

Some gays are also celebrate.

There are many people who also see the gay scene as a fashion accessory to a lifestyle and sexually view an ass an ass in regards to their habits etc and find that deplorable, but to single out someones real love for another is worse in my eyes.
    If you have or had kids are you teaching them that homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Marriage" is between a man and a woman, they can call it a legal union or whatever, but it's not a marriage.
    In a legal sense all a marriage is, is a financial contract. I don't think that churches should be forced to allow gay marriage, but I also don't believe that they should be prevented from doing so either. I really don't see the issue you have with it. Being gay is not a disease or an addiction, some people are born that way. If a church determines that marriage to them is between two consenting adults, then what's the problem?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am not religious, but I am married and for me marriage has nothing to do with religion.

I'm all for anyone that wants to spend their life with someone else and gender is irrelevant to that. If you love each other and are willing to commit, then that is enough. Male/male, male/female, female/female. They are all perfectly fine IMO.
    If we were talking about "legal unions" here I couldn't care less what they do, but that's not enough for them.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    In a legal sense all a marriage is, is a financial contract. I don't think that churches should be forced to allow gay marriage, but I also don't believe that they should be prevented from doing so either. I really don't see the issue you have with it. Being gay is not a disease or an addiction, some people are born that way. If a church determines that marriage to them is between two consenting adults, then what's the problem?
    I'm not trying to debate this, but for the most part the gay lifestyle is a choice, and it's also a psychosomatic form of schizophrenia. The problem I have is they want special rights, and to be seen as "normal", and they're not. Furthermore, if they'd keep that happy horseshit to themselves, there wouldn't be a problem, but no, they've got to stick it in everyone's face.

Thread Information